Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Got to just love lawyers

olderthandirt

Nov 20, 2010, 3:12 PM
They would sue God if they could figure out how to find him to serve papers on. Had one call trying to get info about a number because was going to file a class action suit because that number was envolved in spamming their offices and Sprint should not let that happen.

Acted high and mighty and thought he could get through to the info he was after by being a lawyer. Was fun. In the end the number envolved never was nor ever had been a sprint number. Forgot to tell him that.
(darn)
twinmoon1

Nov 22, 2010, 11:52 PM
that was funny! i guess it slipped your mind. 😉
slolearner

Nov 26, 2010, 1:04 PM
Had a lawyer come in and explain to me his client's (the plaintiff) predicament... sob sob sob story. Then after apparently gaining enough rapport with me tried to get access to the defendant's cell phone records.

Sorry Charlie, not happening. Isn't your job to PROTECT people's rights?!
serendair

Nov 26, 2010, 9:01 PM
"Sir, you should know very well by now that that kind of information is only accessable with a subpeona. Please contact your local judge and give us a call back when you have that, we'll get you to our legal department and can go from there. Have a nice day!"

Seriously, it's the people who're in law enforcement who wind up calling in with death threats and threatening to sue.
Sigma1570

Nov 27, 2010, 12:22 PM
involved.
olderthandirt

Nov 27, 2010, 6:59 PM
My father had a very special stamp made. He is old school and the shake of a hand is his contract or a very simple and direct commitment with those he did work with. Never had a problem. These were perhaps major contracts to some.

The lawyers would freak out and want to change the contract by a few words or whatever. Mostly justifing their existance.

More than once they received their contract back with the words Bull@#% stamped carefully on each page and a signed contract that he made with the person.

To this day not a single person who worked for him has ever said he was unfair to them. And not a single one ever defaulted on their end of the deal.

I watch lawyers now on TV and elsewhere. They are truely the parisites of t...
(continues)
wdfichtel

Nov 29, 2010, 8:44 AM
olderthandirt said:
My father had a very special stamp made. He is old school and the shake of a hand is his contract or a very simple and direct commitment with those he did work with. Never had a problem....

This one made me smile. People like your father are all too rare these days. Be proud. 🙂
Fredd

Nov 29, 2010, 10:55 AM
That sound like my uncle - did that when he was contract review at WPAFB, was notorious for his BS stamp! (BTW, is your father named Tony?)
Dollgrin

Nov 27, 2010, 8:57 PM
Just to play devils advocate - they typically work "for" someone, or in other words, they're representing someone. Sometimes they're just the messenger, so behind every crooked lawyer there seems to be a crooked person. Maybe we should blame those less than worthy people too?

😛
RavenSkyhawk

Nov 30, 2010, 11:47 AM
Feasible offer, but also consider that most people are law retarded and go to the lawyer to ask what can be done and the lawyer digs up every random little code, statue and sneeze from preceding law to find a loop hole to attach something to someone that may or may not be involved.

Before I'm castrated for "hating" lawyers, my best friend is one. He has advised me of the lawyers to use when after money and when after satisfaction for a situation. Never does justice come up as a possible resolution to a legal situation.
Dollgrin

Dec 4, 2010, 9:29 PM
UGH, you're right, most people are lawtarded.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.