Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Undesirable

Hombre07

Nov 17, 2010, 10:26 AM
Has anyone ever had a credit check come back and basically say "no"? There's no amount of money you can pay us to give you service, we don't want you, etc. Usually it's like Class B $0, or Class D $500, but this just says "Undesirable". I had three already this month. And no, I don't even work in the ghetto.
krickt

Nov 17, 2010, 12:35 PM
I haven't ever had the word undesirable come up, but I have had "call credit" come up and had them tell me that either the customer pay thousands of dollars in defaulted bills in order to get re-evaluated, or just say, nope, nobody's going to get a phone today.

If the word "Undesirable" showed up on my screen I'd probably burst out into uncontrollable laughter and have to apologize or something.

How did you keep a straight face on that?
k
dnbstyle29

Nov 17, 2010, 2:27 PM
Why are you checking MY credit?? 🤣
Hombre07

Nov 17, 2010, 5:22 PM
It's rough. Especially since you kinda have to look at them and tell them, so...thanks, but no thanks.

I get AR (Analyst Review) statuses all the time and usually it's an account in collections or a typo.
iljaaf21

Nov 19, 2010, 3:09 PM
I have never had a 'no', but my co-worker had a $999,999 once. It came back on a guy using his tax ID that he claimed he just bought from this other guy a month prior. We assume it was a fake tax ID because when we called credit and activations to see if we could get it waived or lowered they said no, and laughed.
Ask The Shack

Nov 18, 2010, 9:24 AM
Closest I've seen is with Verizon where they require a 1K deposit. Usually at that point I'd sell 'em on Sprint, where they would get a $150 deposit.

It's not saying no, but it's making it very fincially unpractical go to with Verizon.
Hombre07

Nov 18, 2010, 10:10 AM
I'm guessing somewhere, someone has paid a $1,000 deposit and somehow ran up a $2,000 legit bill and bailed.

This is why we have undesirables.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.