Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 33 replies

How can I misdirect your call today?

RavenSkyhawk

Sep 13, 2010, 1:21 PM
of when our opening in my call center was changed to announce the name and purpose of our dept 3 times before the customer even speaks a word, why do customer's still think I can do something else?

Thank you for calling Sprint's change of ownership dept, may I have your name and the phone number we will be moving today?

john doe
XXX-XXX-XXXX

And who will be taking responsibility for this phone and are they on the call/line currently?

No, i wanted to talk about my bill.

Well welcome to the change of ownership dept for the transferring of responsibility for phone lines from one person to another person. If you have another concern I would need to get you back to customer care for further assistance.

No, I want to talk to so...
(continues)
joeybuschette

Sep 13, 2010, 2:38 PM
That's bad. I've had employees convinced they have reached the right department to get credits when all I do is sles.
"Sir how can I help you today?"

"You guys sold me a phone that was spposed to be free and there is a charge on my bill for it. You need to fix it."

"ok,sir you are in the sales department. I don't have the ability to "fix" it for you. I would need to get you transefered to another department."

"No. You sold it to me,fix it."

"Again sir,I am stritcly a Sales deparment. I can not credit anything to an account. And if you don't mind me asking,what kind of phone is it?"

"An Evo."

"Ah,sir. I would need to get you to another department to get this resolved for you."

"If you are sales,you sold me the phone. You...
(continues)
Mr. Scary

Sep 14, 2010, 5:03 AM
...that guy buy a car, then deal with repairs and maintenance.

"No, you sold me the car. Fix it."

"But sir, I'm a salesman. My job is to sell cars. I don't repair them. Our mechanics handle that job."

"No. You sold me the car. Now fix it."

🤣
SavageKitty

Sep 14, 2010, 9:30 AM
I spend my day answering emails, and we do have a number to call. However it is always fun when I answer a call and ask..

"Did you send an email?"
um.. no the online chat gave me this number

Somebody please explain to me why the online chat is giving the number to email support. That or some other person answers a customers email and instead of giving them the number to customer care they give out our number. So I get calls of people who want to speak to finance for a payment plan and call me. I then have to explain that yes you were given this number but you were supposed to call a different number. So let me transfer you.
DartStuticus

Sep 14, 2010, 12:03 PM
Transfer of liability department? Can you guys set up the tentative ban over the phone? What process is involved? Last I checked care could perform transfers of liability if both accounts in question were open. Why are people always sending what sounds like your customers to sales? GRRRRR.
sinister

Sep 14, 2010, 1:52 PM
ummm NO, customer care can't do it & neither can beuc, at least that's the way it is with at&t customer care. if it's transfer of liability & you are transferring to a different acct with a different name & social it has to go to nbo.
if its an acct consilidation or split from acct with same name & social to a different acct with same name & social in the same market, then beuc can do it.
why it comes to sales? no clue, i do know that lately with at&t, our warranty customers have been getting transferred to apple care when we use the warranty transfer code.
DartStuticus

Sep 14, 2010, 1:57 PM
Things are different with every company. A while ago we received offical documentaion saying that transfers of liablity are to be handled in care. Our care department however, does not have the ability to set up the tentative ban for the customer that is assuming ownership; hence the confusion and my request for clarification.

Most care agents are under the impression that we create accounts. Unfortunately our job is not that complex. We create orders and a back end team that no one can ever talk to creates an account around that order but we don't have the NEW BAN button anymore than they do.
sinister

Sep 14, 2010, 2:05 PM
ahh ok, gotcha. i wonder if our sales has the same problem? 👀
Poking Pixie

Sep 14, 2010, 5:49 PM
I'm in sales, and the thing I get tired of is all the other depts telling custs that we can order them an Iphone and cold transferring them to us. 🙄 CLM SALES CANNOT ORDER ANY KIND OF IPHONE, EVER! 👿 Or the one I've been getting lately is "Customer care said that you guys normally can't order Iphones, but since the website is down for maintenance, you're making exceptions and placing Iphone orders over the phone." *FACEPALM*
ccareatatt

Sep 15, 2010, 12:00 AM
Thats because of the decision flows verbiage until recently it didnt ask is the order in regards to an iphone. ;) I just knew CLM doesnt order it so i just tell them to try again later or apple.com or COR store.
smazi

Sep 14, 2010, 7:16 PM
Can telesales add a line of service to an existing account when the customer has an existing phone they wish to use instead of buying a new one? Will the new line have a service agreement even if they don't buy a phone?

I'm in care and there are contradictory answers to these questions. One time I was told to transfer to activations and another to telesales. Are they they same?
Amarantamin

Sep 14, 2010, 7:18 PM
You have a link on the left side for adding a subscriber to the account, you can put in the ESN/SIM if they already have a phone. It's very similar to doing a network change. If your supervisor says not to, or you personally are not comfortable making this change, transfer to Sales.

There is a 2-year agreement even if they do not buy a phone, but the line will have its full upgrade eligibility from the start of service.
smazi

Sep 14, 2010, 7:31 PM
I'll try it next time 🙂 If CSM will let me, that would be great. The more I can do the better. I love power 😁
ccareatatt

Sep 15, 2010, 12:02 AM
You can but you also have to run credit if its for AT&T so if you dont have access to the credit application question program you may want to direct them to sales and with AT&T they are not supposed to be put on a contract. You can select 0 for the contract term if done correctly.
smazi

Sep 15, 2010, 1:21 AM
I would only try it if the credit result said they were approved for more lines than they have, and a zero deposit. Even an ASL account I wouldn't try adding a line to. It's good to know it's ok to send them to sales rather than account services or something else.

Now if we could get the ivr to route business customers to business care, that would save my transfer rate immensely.
mexican putoz

Sep 18, 2010, 6:09 PM
WTF!! you still have the add a sub button? ours was removed!!!
loko_head

Sep 15, 2010, 9:35 AM
customer has a phone? and wants to add a line?

YES! but 1st we have to forward them to a sprint store (when they refuse to go to a sprint store? however), we can process a line of service for the phone using the ESN of the phone.

Sep 15, 2010, 9:40 AM
Why do you have to send them over to a store when you can do it over the phone???
mexican putoz

Sep 18, 2010, 6:12 PM
to avoid fraud 🙂
smazi

Sep 15, 2010, 9:42 AM
Why forward them to a store? As a "just in case" thing? (they will inevitably need help with something) Or to position a sale of a phone or accessories?

I guess it's silly to ask why Sprint does what it does. Just follow directions. lol. But the customers ask and I don't like being caught flat-footed when common sense and policy don't seem to agree.
loko_head

Sep 15, 2010, 9:50 AM
Because we need to verify the identity of the customer 1st. to avoid fraudsters from doing so, a new security procedure added in TS...

If the customer who adds the line is his/her account, we need to verify first the identity through a set of questions.

then, when they passed we can go ahead with adding a line for the customer using his/her ESN phone#....

although we are required to sell in telesales! We want our customers to have what they want and need, within the confines of cutomer security of course!
smazi

Sep 15, 2010, 10:02 AM
The security thing makes sense. So just the pin is not enough to add a line. Unless they insist and then we can do it anyway... Except I bet CSM won't let me. 🤣
loko_head

Sep 15, 2010, 10:08 AM
PIN isn't enough, the owner of the account is the only one that is able to add a line using an (cold)existing phone.

if they failed the series of questions we ask, we forward them to the closest sprint store to bring 2 valid I.D.s...
*SOB* a 1 GA gone...
island_chica

Sep 16, 2010, 6:58 PM
If we do it, it has to go through a verification process which can take up to 48 hours for the phone to be fully activated, which is why we try to get them to a store before we do it
dopeygirl

Sep 17, 2010, 3:05 PM
AND why they have customers jumping ship. NO ONE seems to know where to transfer people.

Sales CANNOT do transfer of liabilities. If we run credit for a customer it will not transfer over for another department. We are told to transfer these calls to care and would LOVE to know where to send the customers. It is frustrating for us as well as the customers.

Sales CAN add a line with an existing phone. Sometimes it activates immediately, sometimes it will take time to validate the order, up to 48 hours. These new lines will be put in a 2 year agreement, no ifs ands or buts. We CANNOT activate a used phone on a NEW account (unless the customer whines really loud, then it WILL take 48 hours to activate, period!!)

Sales CANNOT tra...
(continues)
island_chica

Sep 17, 2010, 5:10 PM
Amen!!!!

I HATE taking over 30 calls a day and only getting 2-3 adds while most of the time I spend my day transfering ppl right back to whomever transfered them to me.

Take the time to actually look into the account and try to help the customers needs instead of hearing the word sales, or upgrade and just transfering.

Oh and if an account is DELINQUENT we CANNOT upgrade or do anything to the account so don't even try to transfer them! Thanks 😁
rainbow_metals

Sep 17, 2010, 5:59 PM
well i understand that you have to meet your stats and you must understand we have to meet our stats too in customer care, so you all know starting monday there is dedicated team for change of ownerships. as far as transfering if they ask for the dept, im not gonna argue and waste my handle time.
DartStuticus

Sep 17, 2010, 8:02 PM
You have things other than handle time to worry about though. If we get sent an account we can't access your essentially falsifying sprints numbers. Also.. if someone says, i want someone to fix my phone give me telesales.. or give me the international department, are you really going to send them where they "say" they want to go, or are you going to do your job and send them where they need to go. Customer's don't (or shouldn't) understand how our departments work. (Unfortunately, a good deal seem to understand which department is which better than some agents do.) Most of our beef comes from transfers from agents who barely speak English and assume customers know what is going on with their accounts.

For example. I just got my new ph...
(continues)
This_Troper

Sep 17, 2010, 5:51 PM
A representative from Finance transferred to care about a past due balance. Not a bill... the actual past due balance that needed to be paid.
And it was a blind transfer. So yeah, if some Sprint Finance guy gets a ticket about that...

HI!
ochne

Sep 18, 2010, 12:38 PM
dopeygirl said:
Sales CANNOT track orders, cancel orders, issue credits for ANYTHING. We can sell phones, accessories and add lines. PERIOD!!!!

/start rant not likely to be listened to

I would recommend to Sales, if you cannot issue credits for ANYTHING, then DO NOT TELL THEM THEY WILL BE CREDITED FOR VALID CHARGES.

Also, if you are working with a customer and call Care to get VALID charges credited so you can make the sale, don't be surprised when we don't credit and then we refuse to take the transfer because you don't want to tell the customer you promised something you knew could not be delivered.

/end rant not likely to be listened to
weakly

Sep 18, 2010, 5:38 PM
yes they will sign-up for a 2 year contract because it will be a new line of service but they can still have the full discount on the number 😁
mexican putoz

Sep 18, 2010, 6:06 PM
telesales can only add a line of service with a new order for customers that want to use a used phone they have to go to a sprint store
mexican putoz

Sep 18, 2010, 6:08 PM
you have activation department? I believe activations was removed we den't have it on our softphone...
smazi

Sep 18, 2010, 8:29 PM
Not on our softphone either. I'll admit I use the phonebook and hard phone more anyway. Lots more numbers in the sprint phonebook.

And oy the contradictory answers about adding a line with used equipment. I guess when it comes up next time I will call telesales myself and see what they say. 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.