Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Places the customer is calling from.

wdfichtel

Aug 25, 2010, 1:44 PM
I often get customers who are trying to get their issues taken care of from a location that just isn't normal. Where have they called you from?

++++++++++

Not the craziest place, but I just got off a call where the customer was working in a toll booth in Orlando. He kept putting me on hold to take the tolls. A 5 mimnute call turned into 20... 🙄
ATTDRONEV2.5

Aug 25, 2010, 2:17 PM
well.. allegedly a top secret military base
he wasn't getting signal.. and he couldn't tell me where he was for the ticket

back in 2000 or so...a guy called in to restore his service from Customer death...

said he got his daughter to call in to cancel w/o term fee's but she canceled the wrong account
deepc

Aug 25, 2010, 2:30 PM
I perpetually receive calls from people who are at work themselves and then put me on hold while they try to answer the phone and do their job.

It really pi55es me off
Researcher

Aug 25, 2010, 5:53 PM
I give them one warning. They need to stop everything else and work with me. Or I release the call and they will need call later when they have time.
DartStuticus

Aug 25, 2010, 7:00 PM
I wouldn't dream of doing that. Though I work sales and I don't have a handle time. 😁
Researcher

Aug 25, 2010, 7:04 PM
We have so many calls in que. About a 3 sec break in between. Calls should run about 4 minutes. I wonder about all those who think a busy day is 20 or so calls.
Poking Pixie

Aug 25, 2010, 7:24 PM
I had a cust a week ago that called in about some overages on his account. He had 5 lines, so I asked if I could put him on a brief hold while I looked at his account. He said "Call me back in half an hour, I don't have time to wait." Whatever. 🙄 So I was like 6 minutes late calling him back because I was on the phone with another customer, and he was like "You're 6 minutes late, call me back in 3 minutes cause I'm on another call." I told him "Sir, I can't keep calling you back," and he got all pissy with me, started screaming about how long he had been with the company, and then hung up on me. 🙄 Douchebag.
alpaca_camel

Aug 25, 2010, 11:40 PM
at the johns, you could definitely hear the echoes ...

and the customer is farting on every two or three words that he is saying.
joeybuschette

Aug 27, 2010, 5:15 PM
I had a customer who wasn't really in a weird place but he was lighting up a bong while I was talking to him. He asked me to hold on and I heard the bubbles and I heard him say to his friend "this is good stuff" and then start coughing
deepc

Aug 29, 2010, 4:57 PM
My latest "wierd" call was from a guy who wanted service for his girlfriend. When I asked him how many minutes he wanted on the plan he said that he needed to speak with her.

Then I heard a lady moaning in the background. He returned on the line to tell me that she was occupied and it would be a couple minutes. I waited and all I could hear in the background was loud female moaning.

I waited a few minutes and then..got bored with it and transfered the call to Spanish 🙂
After all, passionate moans are a universal language 🙂
cuckingcrazy

Aug 30, 2010, 9:18 AM
I had a custy call me while he was taking a dump. He asked if I can hold on a min and you can hear the toilet paper roll then the flush. 😳
wdfichtel

Aug 30, 2010, 11:20 AM
I used to get that all the time when I worked in Flexpay at night. Don't know what it is about the prepaid customers, but Friday & Saturday nights were an absolute trip. People would call in absolutely trashed, vomiting, doing whatever else. And you could always tell where they were by the echo...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.