Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Question for all your In-Store sales ppl....

Aug 21, 2010, 2:17 PM
Whats the commission like? How does it work?

I am considering leaving my current job and maybe getting a job in Sales for a cell phone provider. I guess preferably AT&T since that is who I have and I guess there would probably be discounts or free service there.

What's base pay like?

What's commission like?
-Per sale? Line? account?
-Upgrades?

And also, if you do not mind posting it, what is your average check like? And what kind of 'rank' are you in your store? Below average, average, higher than average?
justfinethanku

Aug 24, 2010, 10:09 AM
I work for a third party reseller for T-Mobile, the pay is excellent, I bring in around $4,500 a month in commission on average with some months being a LOT better. I'm just your average hard working pee-on entry level sales guy.

Aug 24, 2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the reply.

That sounds pretty good, more than what im making right now. I sell TV service and am pretty good at it. I have been in sales for years and I think I wanna try selling phones. I heard you can make some nice money doing that.

Aug 24, 2010, 3:07 PM
Bump. Anyone?...
vagabond

Aug 26, 2010, 11:02 AM
I currently work at a call center cause I am "too nice" for Florida Sales apparently. I worked as a sales rep for AT&T in Boston in the second most in demand store. I brought home 50k a year and I was about average when it came to sales. Before I worked there the commission structure was different and the average salary was about 75k. I miss that job but the ex got me fired.
I work 3rd Party AT&T sales for Wireless Wizard, the pay was pitiful because it was a new store and I'd maybe get a couple of sales a week, cause I would maybe get a customer a day. The owner is a db... don't work there, I ended up quitting because I had enough left over from my Boston days and this was just a WASTE OF MY TIME.
...btw HATE call centers... get me out ...
(continues)

Aug 27, 2010, 2:11 PM
Thanks for replying. I am surprised I didnt get more replies...

That definitely sounds good. 50k a year is double of what I make now. Im in L.A so i think im gonna start applying to the stores around here.

What kind of incentives do sales reps get? like discounts off service...?
Fastenhardt

Aug 28, 2010, 2:12 PM
I'm an assistant manager for a VZ premium agent and pull around 45k-55k/year. The store is fairly high volume and in a cornered market (AT&T/Sprint/etc don't really work there). The pay is great, but the actual work is borderline misery.
Perks are OK, as your calling plan is severely discounted.
Be warned, the work is not fun. Customers rarely have any understanding of billing, phone hardware, or even basic human interaction. You will be cussed at, you will have things thrown at you, and you will be blamed for things you never had any hand in. I've personally witnessed a customer threaten to strike an obviously pregnant employee over a phone that wasn't even purchased from my company.
If money is your only real concern and can endure stup...
(continues)
serendair

Aug 28, 2010, 2:42 PM
"I've personally witnessed a customer threaten to strike an obviously pregnant employee over a phone that wasn't even purchased from my company."

And you threw their ass outta your store and informed them you'd be calling the police if they came around again, right?
purplelotus

Aug 28, 2010, 8:14 PM
I know both my manager and my coworker would. That's crazy!
llama

Aug 28, 2010, 6:45 PM
Fastenhardt said:
If money is your only real concern and can endure stupidity and rudeness on an epic level, you will thrive. If not, look elsewhere.
Amarantamin

Aug 28, 2010, 6:48 PM
Fastenhardt said:
If money is your only real concern and can endure stupidity and rudeness on an epic level, you will thrive. If not, look elsewhere.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.