Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 55 replies

Things Sprint Stores Should Not Promise

serendair

Jul 30, 2010, 5:56 PM
We in customer service love you for being on the team and being so nice to customers, really, we do. But... there's a boundary that shouldn't be crossed or we are going to be Very Unhappy with you. Here is a list of things I have experienced that has made me want to scowl and chew out my fellow employees under the company when I see them in the stores:

1. Do NOT tell the customer that we will credit them the Activation Fee or the Upgrade Fee. We don't do that. We're not allowed to do that as per company policy and you're going to only hurt yourself in the long run; we'll be send the rather irate customer back to you and your manager to handle it.

2. Do not tell the customer we will credit them their rebate when they swap a newly upgrad...
(continues)
sprintchickwv

Jul 30, 2010, 6:34 PM
Agreed on all counts. It's always better to purchase a phone which you've physically handled and are semi-familiar with.
sistercell

Jul 30, 2010, 6:35 PM
Psst... customers lie
serendair

Jul 30, 2010, 6:50 PM
...customers... lie? đŸ˜ŗ There's no way that a customer would ever lie. It'd make them human or something!

If my sarcasm wasn't thick enough for you, let me know, I'd be happy to amp it up. 😛
ubngaw

Aug 1, 2010, 4:25 PM
yeah they lie sometimes, if they sense that you knew taht they were lying, they will hung up right away.. guilty.. đŸ¤Ŗ
DartStuticus

Jul 30, 2010, 8:08 PM
1. Do not tell a customer that telesales will be able override your upgrade date when they are 3 months away. the policy is AFTER the 18th of the month, and only if the phones is BROKEN. IE noted by tech support.

2. Do not tell customers that we will credit their bill for the activation, it may be out of policy for you, but its not even possible for us. We cannot issue bill credits, not even supervisors.

3. Do not send customers to telesales to do a transfer of liability. That has to be done in a Retail store. Teleslaes does NOT create accounts We don't even have the button. We create orders and the back end teams create an account number around that order. Any way you stack it, we have to sell something to do that and if the customer ...
(continues)
ATTDRONEV2.5

Jul 31, 2010, 6:22 AM
wait ..purging the competent people? đŸ˜ŗ

how will killing the smart ones help? đŸ¤Ŗ
DartStuticus

Jul 31, 2010, 12:59 PM
đŸ˜ŗ 🤭 Should be incompetent, and aparently I am that at typing. 😁
serendair

Jul 31, 2010, 1:03 PM
...whoever does number two and three needs to get slapped and retrained. ☚ī¸

Number four we -can- do if they have an account, but we also have a special team who handles them. Also; easier to go into the store and do it, much faster that way too.

And for the record: I haven't transferred a customer to telesales for a "move up" of upgrade eligibility unless they specifically meet the criteria (i.e. phone is destroyed and their upgrade eligibility is within 3 weeks of coming up.)
DartStuticus

Jul 31, 2010, 1:12 PM
Thank you for that. Greatly appreciated. Unfortunately there are still plenty who do that frustrate us all. As far as TOL's go, I get at least 4 transfers a day about them which are usually 3.8 calls (sometimes they do want to add lines) that I can't make a sale on. Technically I could, but it would come back as churn when they canceled and then I'd be putting my job on the line.

Regarding upgrade eligibility. The criteria is not 3 weeks, its AFTER the 18th of the month IE 10 days for February 14 days for a month with 31 days, 13 days for a month with 30.
serendair

Jul 31, 2010, 2:03 PM
😲 Thanks for the head's up! I'll definitely keep that in mind when a customer asks about that!
DartStuticus

Jul 31, 2010, 2:24 PM
Yeah I dont know why it hasn't been renamed yet. Its still listed as 14d in the system. BTW, When did family locator change to a website only add on? I could have sworn we used to have the ability to do it, though I usually never got a lot of calls for it.

Anyway, is there anything you get calls from teleslaes about on a frequent basis that you cant help with.

EX. The one I just got from care about a customer in a RADIO SHACK wanting to order and EVO, which we are out of stock of, and anyone with half a brain can check the website or the inventory report.
serendair

Jul 31, 2010, 5:14 PM
Usually Telesales calls me when something's going wrong with a price plan change or wants me to change the LTS subscriber ranking... not sure if it's because they don't have access to the kind of tools I do or if they're new or what. I've had decent luck with Sales and, oddly enough, Financial Services as well in that regard. They only call me when they're not sure and usually the exact words go, "Can you help me verify this as being right?" or "Help me see if I did this change right?"

In which case? TOTALLY happy to help.

Although one telesales agent was denied a transfer to me because, in their exact words, "I don't want to tell the customer about prorated charges, will you tell them so they don't get mad at me and make me lose my sa...
(continues)
DartStuticus

Jul 31, 2010, 5:47 PM
Technically, prorated chargers are never explained in training, but all it takes is half a brain to understand how they work. I agree, thats unacceptable. You have an advantage on us on a lot of things, specifically about someone calling in to "confirm" something.

When someone calls into sales to 'ask a quick question' I hate that worse than stupid customers. I can sell something to stupid people, I can't sell something to a care/finance/tech agent and thats a wasted call that I didn't make a sales on. You guys have the advantage of it helping your AHT.
serendair

Jul 31, 2010, 9:25 PM
The only reason I ever warm transfer to Sales is if my customer specifically requests it; and usually it's because they're nervous and afraid they won't be able to understand the other agent and want me to explain things. Which I'm fine with, my manager hates that about me but, meh. =P My AHT was never my selling point anyway; my IR on the other hand...

I like making detailed notes and have even pointed out to Telesales what kind of bonus they could probably sway the customer into purchasing along with the phone; they like it when I do that sometimes.

OH. And pass the message please; when you call Customer Care to help you out on, say, removing a data pack? There's no reason to try and transfer the call to us; we can remove it and be...
(continues)
DartStuticus

Aug 3, 2010, 6:18 PM
Usually we can remove data packs, though some agents fresh off the floor don't have CSM yet. A couple things we can't do.
Full plan changes as not all the plans are required socs are listed. (Its possible we actually can do these but we never receive training on them and we have a plan changes though our order system that works most of the time, though it can only future date price plan changes and not process them immediately

ESN swaps involving a Blackberry and a non blackberry.
ESN swaps involving a Sprint and Nextel device.

I thinks its a permissions things. Honestly, I was we could do more stuff because I seem to have an issue of getting incompetent care reps, just like you have with sales.
serendair

Aug 4, 2010, 2:40 PM
See, any of those I get who don't know/need the help getting through that? I help without any shadow of a doubt; that crap gets annoying and frustrating after a while unless you're iDEN and CDMA trained.

...just please don't ask me to do Powersource or DCS; that will make me cry and want to throw things.
joeybuschette

Jul 31, 2010, 3:51 PM
SPEAK THE TRUTH BROTHER!!! AMEN!!!
dumbcustmagnet

Jul 31, 2010, 12:35 PM
I'm going to have to admit that I am indirectly responsible for #1. I used to work at Best Buy selling computers and occationally we would get someone in who wanted a data card so Best Buy Mobile would set them up with a new activation and the rep would tell them that if they called into care they could credit the activation fee. I didn't say anything because I didn't know any better at the time but the next time I go in and visit I will set the record straight.
drelyn

Jul 31, 2010, 1:04 PM
im sick of getting these calls. this needs to be emailed to every store 😎 .
ochne

Jul 31, 2010, 2:01 PM
Here's an additional (and this was not just the customer saying a store told them, the store rep was in the background of the call telling the customer that my information was incorrect):

Do not tell the customer we will give them a new phone because they lost their phone ESPECIALLY when they DO NOT HAVE either upgrade eligibility OR handset protection coverage. Tell the customer the truth. Tell them they would have to either buy a new phone or a used phone elsewhere.
serendair

Jul 31, 2010, 2:04 PM
THIS all over the place.

I had a rep at a store say that, and was unlucky enough for me to catch it on the other end of the phone. I requested the customer put the rep on the line and informed the rep I wanted his employee ID and to speak with his manager.

Needless to say, that call didn't end well for that employee and the manager apologized for "wasting" my time.
DartStuticus

Jul 31, 2010, 2:26 PM
He actually put his manager on the phone? wow. When ever I talk to someone and ask for that they just hang up, presumably to call back again based on the notes I see.
serendair

Jul 31, 2010, 3:48 PM
I always ask for name and ID if I feel the call isn't going to go well with another agent; I'm kind of a douche that way and you better believe I WILL call back if they hang up on me. ^_^
RavenSkyhawk

Aug 3, 2010, 6:40 PM
I just remove their dealer code from the account. I guess I'm not as evil... or am I đŸ‘ŋ
Owenu

Aug 3, 2010, 7:11 PM
🤭
looch_himself

Aug 3, 2010, 7:24 PM
NOT the sinner 😉 😉
Owenu

Aug 3, 2010, 7:33 PM
đŸ˜ŗ
looch_himself

Aug 3, 2010, 7:37 PM
I'm just saying they shouldn't hate you, just what you do if you do those things.
This_Troper

Aug 3, 2010, 7:40 PM
Carnally.
looch_himself

Aug 3, 2010, 7:41 PM
What's this about a carnival?
Blue_Sunshine

Aug 3, 2010, 8:11 PM
I'm ready for some carnal (cardinal) Sin (s), I betcha we could get at least 4. Maybe even all 7. 😉
This_Troper

Aug 3, 2010, 8:13 PM
Jealousy is the worst Cardinal Sin to emulate during coitus.
Amarantamin

Aug 3, 2010, 8:14 PM
Unless there are more than two partners involved, in which case it may be perfectly normal.
sprintchickwv

Aug 3, 2010, 8:16 PM
"Girl, I was just noticin' you have some nice ankles. This position really brings them out."
Amarantamin

Aug 3, 2010, 8:29 PM
đŸ˜ŗ

I have been scarred.
Owenu

Aug 3, 2010, 8:44 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ
serendair

Aug 4, 2010, 2:38 PM
I think I popped a rib, thanks for the giggle!
Blue_Sunshine

Aug 3, 2010, 8:18 PM
I think sloth to be worse then Jealousy
This_Troper

Aug 3, 2010, 8:24 PM
Not if you're the slothful one. Then it's AWESOME!
Blue_Sunshine

Aug 3, 2010, 8:36 PM
ummmm. no. Not even a chance. Sloth can be defined as spiritual or emotional apathy, and inactive. (now I know you Pride yourself on your apathetic nature, but come on now!)

Also can indicate a wasting due to lack of use concerning person place or thing, skill or intangible ideal that would require maintenance, refinement, or support to Continue to exist....

I already texted you this daft man. There is nothing delish about this sin.....
Amarantamin

Aug 3, 2010, 8:43 PM
Sloth has been working out for me so far.

*shrug*
Blue_Sunshine

Aug 3, 2010, 8:50 PM
đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ

The multitudes of tears I weep for you is endless.
Amarantamin

Aug 3, 2010, 8:52 PM
Don't waste your time crying for a happy person!
Blue_Sunshine

Aug 3, 2010, 9:03 PM
đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ĸ

For your honey then.
Amarantamin

Aug 3, 2010, 9:03 PM
Not to be confused with HoneyBunz. Just putting that out there.
Blue_Sunshine

Aug 3, 2010, 9:06 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ

I was not confused.
Amarantamin

Aug 3, 2010, 9:07 PM
Oh, I know you're one of the smart ones, but these others around here...

>.>

This_Troper

Aug 3, 2010, 9:10 PM
ru talkin bout me?
Amarantamin

Aug 3, 2010, 9:14 PM
I may just be...
This_Troper

Aug 3, 2010, 9:17 PM
lol i gots God on mys ide to help me mes yall up! đŸ‘ŋ đŸ‘ŋ đŸ‘ŋ
Amarantamin

Aug 3, 2010, 9:34 PM
Oh noes, please don't disappeareded me!
Blue_Sunshine

Aug 3, 2010, 9:16 PM
Did you mean.

r U talkn bout me???? 😲 😲 😕
Blue_Sunshine

Aug 3, 2010, 9:11 PM
Awwwwwww!! That is my favorite compliment of the week!
Blue_Sunshine

Aug 3, 2010, 8:16 PM
Hence the mayhaps/maybe bay~bay. 😎
IgotStax

Aug 3, 2010, 8:28 PM
i agree 100% with what you just said

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.