Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Foreign Customers

island4prez

Jul 25, 2010, 2:00 PM
I don't care if your from another country. If you want me to understand you then try to speak clearer.

C: Do I have to sign contract?
Me: Yes
C: What if I have my own equipment?
Me: Yes
C: OK Lotus Elite, HTC EVO, Blackberry 9650...
Me: So what is your question?
C: Lotus Elite, HTC EVO, Blackberry 9650...
Me: Sir I don't understand if you are asking a question or want to know about the phones I need you to tell me what you need!
C: Your being very disrespectful you are in customer service you should be able to understand what I am saying..
Me: I'm not being disrespectful I just don't understand what you are asking. Did you want to know about the phones? Did you want me to compare them for you? I don't understand what you are aski...
(continues)
deepc

Jul 25, 2010, 2:22 PM
I hate that as well. Unfortunately, our companies cater to that ish sometimes and hire whole centers to support them. Ours has a whole section for Spanish speakers(who still can't figure out how to dial 2 for Spanish).

Of course, our English speakers get transferred to Pakistan or Phillipines.

I'm really suprised that we don't have dedicated reps for :
1. Chinese
2. Indian
3. Phillipino
4. New Yorkers(called the "I want all the info and I don't want to pay anything" plan
5. Ebonics
island4prez

Jul 25, 2010, 2:25 PM
Number 4 sounds like a regular American customer!
purplelotus

Jul 25, 2010, 2:30 PM
wAwlking the dAwg to the cAWffee shAwp... American's dont sound like that... well the NY kind do. HAHA.
Mr. Scary

Jul 26, 2010, 2:27 PM
I knew a girl from Boston (or Bwawston) who spoke like that. I would jokingly tell her I wanted to introduce to my friend Bwawb and maybe go get a cuppa cwawfee with him.
deepc

Jul 25, 2010, 2:52 PM
Actually, the New York customers have an extra special level of arrogance and rudeness taht deserves their own language line, preferably staffed by other New York reps who are authorized to be as rude as they want.
newral

Jul 25, 2010, 3:12 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣
ecycled

Jul 26, 2010, 12:57 PM
deepc said:
Actually, the New York customers have an extra special level of arrogance and rudeness taht deserves their own language line, preferably staffed by other New York reps who are authorized to be as rude as they want.

Actually this is a brilliant idea. I would sign up to work in this department. Even better threaten, 'sir calm down or I will transfer you to the New York line' 🤣
deepc

Jul 26, 2010, 3:03 PM
You want I should talk to some guys and break some knee caps to make this happen or do you want I should Foget about it??
me12

Jul 26, 2010, 3:52 PM
This is an awesome idea!!!

I â™Â¥ it!

Lets get the ball rolling on this one! ;)
purplelotus

Jul 25, 2010, 2:36 PM
1. I can understand talk where you don't really conjugate verbs and don't have any connectors in your sentences.

2. It's almost as bad as Spanish speaking customers... if not worse.

3. They sound just like any other islander and my dad is an islander, so I don't really have a problem with it... but I could see where people who don't know would. Even their "learning English" is easier to understand than most. LOL. My dad used to say "off the light." Really? How could you not know what that means?

4. See https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?f m=m&ff=17&fi=2465389

5. I really hate talking to black people over the phone. Because digital voice just skews un-enunciated words even more. I usually have to say "I'M SORRY?" like thre...
(continues)
sprintchickwv

Jul 26, 2010, 9:23 PM
should also be where the Rhode Islanders go.
Amarantamin

Jul 26, 2010, 9:37 PM
Rhode Island is to New York what California is to the US.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.