Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

good ole store reps....

IgotStax

Jun 16, 2010, 6:26 PM
I come to work and first call of the day, customer says im in the store and my phone says insert sim, the lady is telling me I have water damage to the phone and they will not touch it, she told me to call you to have you overnight another phone to me, pull up the account and what do you know no insurance and has never had it....why would you tell the customer to call in and ask us to overnight him another phone knowing that he has no insurance, he has an upgrade why dont you do your job and try and sell him a new phone....thanks for the headache and thanks for doing your job to the best of your ability...not, oh and I hope you like the IRT I submitted on you as well. again thanks for doing all you could do to help the customer...oh thats ri...
(continues)
IgotStax

Jun 16, 2010, 6:28 PM
oh yeah and forgot to add, when I asked to speak with the rep of course she was busy and couldnt talk to me....
SEM

Jun 17, 2010, 9:11 AM
Sounds like it works both ways haha. We have customer care reps direct customers to our store everyday for things they know are out of our hands. Its frustrating, I know where your coming from.
justfinethanku

Jun 17, 2010, 9:52 AM
I know how you feel. But I don't think it is the store reps so much as the individuals.

I am on the store rep side of things and am constantly fending off people who have been convinced by the phone rep to see me instead of actually solving the problem themselves.

I think its a problem with the handle time limits you guys have.

(ps, some of us 3rd party dealers really can't handle the stuff you send customers to fix like changing their phone number... do some of you really have to send them to us to change their phone number... I don't understand!!!!)
80dollarcarcharger

Jun 17, 2010, 1:01 PM
also if you haven't talked to the rep, customers sometimes lie.
justfinethanku

Jun 17, 2010, 1:40 PM
haha, you said "sometimes"

You can almost count on 90% of what comes out of a customers mouth to be a lie.
sistercell

Jun 17, 2010, 2:27 PM
umm, the cust could be lying
edzero

Jun 20, 2010, 10:38 AM
"theres no way my kid could've downloaded that game to his phone. He's a straight A student. He's a good kid. You need to do something about this bill" all the time. everyones kid is always an angel.
IgotStax

Jun 17, 2010, 2:52 PM
I agree I know that customer lie thats why I asked to talk to the store rep and funny how she said she was to busy to speak with me
80dollarcarcharger

Jun 17, 2010, 2:55 PM
hmmmm, i misread. I thought you meant the customer said the store rep was too busy. But the store rep herself said she was too busy. Yea, the verdict is in your favor for this one.
AtlanticChad

Jun 17, 2010, 6:04 PM
I am a store rep.

I am not going to defend this rep. That sort of attitude is not exceptable. But please don't judge us all by this one rep. I'm sure both sides hear more horror stories than the good stories. I know I have. I do hear some good stories about CC and other stores. But, most of the stories are about how things went badly. Most of us are hardworking and do our jobs right, it is human nature to complain more than to compliament.

Now, I have been sent customers who I could not help or I had to redirect to other departments (Warranty, Insurance, Transfer of Service). I can deffinatly understand the customers' fustration at all of this. If we all learned to work together better, this job would go smoother for all concer...
(continues)
IgotStax

Jun 18, 2010, 10:15 AM
I will be the first to compliament a store rep when they do a good job, I have had plenty in the past, its just frustrating when you get the ones who just want to pawn a customer off to someone else instead of helping them, I know you get bad hourly pay and make your money off commission, but you still have a job to do and not everything you do is about making money its about helping out the customer. I know there are plenty of CC reps in call centers who dont do there job as they are suppose to trust I know I work with tons of them. I just needed to vent about this one due to how many compaints about store reps I have received lately and the calls I keep getting about how the cusotmer says "the guy at the store told me to call you"
ochne

Jun 18, 2010, 12:35 PM
/begin useless venting

There are bad store reps and there are bad care reps. Here's how I define each:

Store Rep
1. Tells the customer to call Customer Care to get fees and charges waived that they know do not get waived. Some will even call in claiming they are the customer and then when the credit is denied they come back with "But I already promised it to the customer so you need to do it." (I usually respond with you promised it, you credit it, the account has now been noted so that Care WILL NOT credit it)
2. Changes the customer's price plan without letting them know the price plan was even changed so that they could get the sales credit.
3. Calls Customer Care for an issue on the account because they don't want to go through ...
(continues)
Sigma1570

Jun 18, 2010, 2:26 PM
Good list. One thing that makes me angry with care reps is when they tell a customer to never go into a store to get things done because we lie to customers. And to take it a step further I've heard reps tell customers to never go to an agent location and to only go to a COR location. I think its ridiculous that a care rep should tell a customer where they should shop.
rainbow_metals

Jun 18, 2010, 2:44 PM
there are reasons why we refer to a corp location such as help with a bill, or returning a device purchased thru web or telesales and these are things that indirect cannot always handle so its not always about the sales. didn't you read the post that you responded to.
bobrings

Jun 18, 2010, 7:15 PM
ok..i usually will not bash store reps, because they are polite on the phones and they have to deal with customer face to face...BUT...I got reported becuase the customer told me that i lied to them and gave them misinformation, IF the store rep had checked the notes in the system, LIKE MY MANAGER DID, they would have seen that i was right, thanks a lot for the frustration you caused me and my team leader.
Sigma1570

Jun 19, 2010, 3:33 PM
Yes I read it. I was just sharing my frustration. Its silly to hear a care rep on speakerphone tell customers of mine that I've been helping for years to not do business with me or my company just because we are indirect.

I understand that a care rep would send a customer to a COR store for specific things that only COR can do like online purchase exchanges or cash payments. I just hope that all subordinates of a company can realize that we are all working towards the same thing and thats to provide the best possible experience for our customers. There are bad apples in all levels of distribution and customer service. Its human nature.
ecycled

Jun 19, 2010, 10:16 AM
I understand customers saying so-and-so said you would do whatever for me. My first conclusion is they are lying.

Proof or it didn't happen
bobrings

Jun 19, 2010, 10:25 AM
like i said i usually dont bash store reps, but come on...check the notes first, which is what i do.
Da_Bonehead

Jun 19, 2010, 5:31 PM
When I get this I check the Memo on the account because a good rep would note what they told the customer.
sinister

Jun 20, 2010, 10:45 AM
wait good rep over the phone? cause we HAVE to notate, so i guess technically that would make all of us on the phone "good reps". so why don't most retailers feel the need to notate? would that make them "bad reps"? 😳
sinister

Jun 20, 2010, 9:34 AM
probably for the same reason a dumb@ss store rep would put a completely spanish speakin individual on the line & walk away from the counter.
i get past verifyin with the dude but does he comprehend that he needs to put the store rep back on the phone to complete the call? no, because he SPEAKS NO ENGLISH AT ALL & THE STORE REP BEIN THE AWESOME EMPLOYEE THAT HE IS IS IN THE BACKGROUND CHATTIN IT UP WITH ANOTHER EMPLOYEE IN THE STORE INSTEAD OF DOIN HIS JOB!!

to the spanish queue he went 😳

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.