Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Why customers think call center reps are jerks (or worse)

ochne

May 22, 2010, 6:58 PM
Me: Thank you for calling *Company* if I could get the wireless number you're calling about?

Cust: I don't have an account with you, and I just bought a phone that I need the unlock code for. The previous owner locked it and I need that code.

Me: I would not have access to that. You would need to get that from the prior owner or go to a service and repair center to get it unlocked.

Cust: So what is the code to unlock the phone?

Me: Again, I would not have access to that. You

Cust: You don't need to be an @$$hole about it. That's why I hate calling customer service. They are always just a bunch of @$$holes. *click*
retrocool

May 22, 2010, 7:03 PM
But we're PAID to be @$$holes.
aux2

May 22, 2010, 7:13 PM
🤣
ochne

May 22, 2010, 7:22 PM
No...that can't be true.....it would be if I got paid.
retrocool

May 22, 2010, 7:31 PM
You don't get paid?

What is this, volunteering?
ochne

May 22, 2010, 7:33 PM
they call it being paid....but minimum wage (actually less than that, but they get forced to pay me minimum) is not really getting paid.
retrocool

May 22, 2010, 7:46 PM
Well, can't argue with that.
atthd

May 26, 2010, 2:10 PM
yea cust call in and want to know something but they don't want to listen to us explain anything all they want to do is interupt us..and they think calling in and yelling at us is goin to get them something um no i don't think so....and then when a cust will ask the same question but in a diff way trying to get us confused and to say yes and when we stand our ground and have to explain the meaning of the word no to the cust then they get mad....um hello we are not in school anymore..learn to pay for ur crap and learn what the word no means for once then we may get along a lot better 👿 👿
This_Troper

May 26, 2010, 2:12 PM
Period.
KriisCDW

May 26, 2010, 4:02 PM
Poorly written response that needs to be broken up via punctuation paragraphs.

But... then again, with the schools the way they are these days, maybe that IS well written.

God help us all ☹️
ecycled

May 26, 2010, 3:41 PM
"go to a service and repair center"

That was a pretty good reponse I thought.

The only other thing you could have said was get the phone flashed from the manufacturer. But if your response wasn't good enough you would have totally confused them.

Again, this is why we should provide the service. Not service the equipment.
Da_Bonehead

May 26, 2010, 3:54 PM
As a Service Tech at a Service and repair center for a large carrier i run into this every so often, and the fun is when the phone is locked and not active on the "Current" owners account I have to try to contact the "Previous" owner to have it unlocked, all for security. how do i know that this handset was not stolen? if it was not an active phone and it was lost or stolen some time ago the owner may not know it. and I have had some brought in to be unlocked that have been reported stolen and the person with it claims they bought it on E-Bay or from a pawn shop, some even want us to refund their money, (That is rediculous).
ecycled

May 26, 2010, 3:58 PM
Da_Bonehead said:
some even want us to refund their money, (That is rediculous).

Sounds like a "reasonable, normal" customer to me.

I try not to bother true service reps with this crap, and send them to a 3rd party place.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.