Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

call openings

moeincb

May 12, 2010, 4:02 PM
do most of you provide your first and last names and locations? is this standard? do customers ever try and contact you online, email, facebook, etc? thanks for any commmets
rlpinca

May 12, 2010, 4:04 PM
I just stick with my first name, if they ask I'll provide first, last, location, color of car, shift, lunch times, etc..

Haven't had anyone try contacting me, but have heard stories about stalkers.
sinister

May 12, 2010, 4:06 PM
i only give em my first name & i don't really care if they say i'm supposed to give em my last name, they ain't gettin it!! these cell phone users are nuts, no way in hay they gettin it lol i might piss em off so bad one day they come lookin ๐Ÿคฃ

location? we can give em the state if they ask but we can't give them the city.

as far as em contactin you? meh..up to you if you wanna be harrassed at home but it's against policy to give out or take personal info from the customer, at least at my facility it is.
RavenSkyhawk

May 12, 2010, 5:43 PM
Only give first name. Not required, in fact incouraged to not give location, but sometimes it's kinda hard when talking about the weather or sports, so we sometimes indicate region (south east/west or whatever).
I've had a couple stalkers since working here, but they could only track the call center and I live in a neighboring city so they never could find me. The stalker though even went so far as to ask for a fax number to get an area code for the locations I'm in.
Crazy ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿคจ
rudedogtrev

May 15, 2010, 9:05 AM
I've given my work email out so custies can contact me if something I've done for them doesn't pan out. Occasionally I'll get a FB add request but not very often.
bobrings

May 15, 2010, 10:40 AM
if they ask i tell them the state and tell them that "here in this state they have a make my day law...where we have permission to shoot anyone who comes on our property with out permission" that usually does it.
kajira

May 19, 2010, 5:00 PM
Here we are only required to give first name, and we are not ever allowed to give out location. I believe the region or the state is ok. just not exact location details. so no i do not give out my last name. they are crazy and they scare me lol ๐Ÿ˜ณ
ochne

May 19, 2010, 5:17 PM
yeah....but since I know that half of the reps could scare you too.... ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
ruler_goddess

May 19, 2010, 5:43 PM
I never give my last name or location. This one guy demanded it I told him no I didnt have to and he asked for my agent ID and I gave him the claim ID backwards ๐Ÿคฃ
ochne

May 19, 2010, 5:47 PM
I just give the memo number (if anything)
kajira

May 19, 2010, 8:30 PM
nu uh you cant prove that ochne ๐Ÿ™‚
kendrat

May 19, 2010, 5:14 PM
My 2 friends are online based so they talk via chat. But yeah a customer got a hold to both of them on facebook. It was odd. They were like stalking their accounts. It was really odd. So now both of their pages are set to private. And one changed her settings so they cannot even get to her by name.
rainbow_metals

May 19, 2010, 6:02 PM
you know moe, i can no longer find any kind of article in kms or in cst that tells us what we can or cannot say to a customer, i know you are in white glove and have that new opening which i think for our call center is just so wrong but that is my opinion and the higher ups dont care. if we lived in portland it would not be so bad because of the higher population.
This_Troper

May 19, 2010, 8:39 PM
I have a lilting rhyming opening. Then I spend time repeating my name for 30 seconds until the customer gets it right.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.