Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 45 replies

Worst customers = Indians mainly PATELS

WirelessSprint101010

Apr 4, 2010, 8:13 PM
1. Want everything for free because they've been a loyal customer for 3 days.
2. Ask you 42,429 questions
3. Take 1 hour of your time
4. End up never buying anything but will ask you for everything
5. Are usually rude and dont understand that maybe just maybe they should read a manual or do something themselves
6. That I dont work for a side store and you cant haggle the prices; its a corporation
7. Will argue over a nickel for an hour
8. If you god forbid do anything wrong they will complain, and complain, and complain
9. If they dont like your answer, they will try to twist it until they get an answer they want - even if they dont get it....

I could go on but why are 99% of them like this? A - Im not racist B - I've worked ret...
(continues)
looch_himself

Apr 4, 2010, 9:02 PM
WirelessSprint101010 said:
A - Im not racist

Yeah, you are.
WirelessSprint101010

Apr 4, 2010, 9:10 PM
LOL - no, I'm not - its a fact; if 9/10 didnt act that way I'd be a racist - if 9/10 DO act that way Im a REALIST.
looch_himself

Apr 4, 2010, 9:13 PM
As soon as you focus on your anger on a group of people by their race or ethnic background, you're a racist. It's just like saying the worst customers are Blacks mainly N!ggers. Your use of racial slurs completely negates any point you may have had.
WirelessSprint101010

Apr 4, 2010, 9:27 PM
I can see your point - however outside of retail I have 0 problems w/ Indians - as customers they are VERY difficult to deal with = TRUTH!!!!!!!!!
looch_himself

Apr 4, 2010, 9:33 PM
Does not make it truth. I've dealt with many customers of Indian descent over the years, and many of them were absolutely delightful to deal with. Notice I didn't say ALL. But, bad customers come from all races and regions.
Avaya

Apr 4, 2010, 9:35 PM
๐Ÿคจ
looch_himself

Apr 4, 2010, 9:43 PM
Did you have a question?
rainbow_metals

Apr 7, 2010, 12:49 PM
the only racial slurs are the ones listed above, he is not being racist, simply generalizing a specific group of people based on his experience. Everyone makes these same generalizations and this does not make them racist. For example, i rate about a specific political party because its view differ from mine but that is not across the board.
retrocool

Apr 5, 2010, 12:34 PM
You're using racially inflammatory language and denigrating an entire ethnicity.

You may not think you're being racist, but your words indicate otherwise.

To use another term, you're being racially inflammatory, culturally biased, culturally myopic, and throwing a temper tantrum because you're confronted with culturally different people and are frustrated by that cultural difference.

Now you may very well be frustrated by cultural differences, and want to know what to do to work with them, but your method of expressing your frustration is offensive and derogatory, and your claims to not be racist wind up falling on deaf ears. Genuinely non-racist people do not use racist terminology to describe racial & ethnic differences between pe...
(continues)
burntbridges

Apr 5, 2010, 9:01 PM
I can respec the idea behind your crusade lately here on PS of letting everyone know how racist they are.. but you do realize it's not going to change anyone's persona opinions, right?
retrocool

Apr 5, 2010, 9:04 PM
Maybe not, but it might make people think before they speak.

Go on, tell me what a bad idea thinking before speaking is.
burntbridges

Apr 5, 2010, 9:05 PM
Well, besides it taking the fun out of eveything, it's not a bad idea. I just think you put way too much energy into trying to prove points that no one is really going to take to heart. That's all! But, since I am trying to do the same with you, I'm just going to let it go. Good luck with your crusade! ๐Ÿ™‚
retrocool

Apr 5, 2010, 9:15 PM
burntbridges said:
Good luck with your crusade! ๐Ÿ™‚

FFFFFRRRRRRREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!! !
burntbridges

Apr 5, 2010, 9:16 PM
... I was like this . close to posting a sparta comment in response.. LOL
Amarantamin

Apr 5, 2010, 9:24 PM
Come on now, let him continue his crusade in peace... ๐Ÿคค
burntbridges

Apr 5, 2010, 9:25 PM
Hey, at least I wasn't a jerk about it like I normally am.. haha.. ๐Ÿ™‚
whatupitsdani

Apr 5, 2010, 10:32 AM
they know what they are entitled to!

(joke; just imagine an eastern indian saying that in their accent)

honestly, i dont mind indian people. in fact, my most memorable (bad) customers have all been white men between the ages of 35 and 60.

they have, on majority, been bad for a majority of the same reasons...they don't trust females (its a widely known fact that if you are pretty and work in sales, then everyone assumes you must be a complete idiot.) they think that they know your job better than you. they think that they should get freebies and handouts, alot of the time for the fact that they work in business and therefore since they make more money than i do, they should get more handouts...they are impatient, somewhat sexist, and...
(continues)
burntbridges

Apr 5, 2010, 7:25 PM
I love that everyone is jumping on everyone else about racism on these boards but when you talk about white men, no one has anything to say.

Oh believe me, they are totally the worst though. And everything you said was true (especially their lack of trust.) It just kind of cracks me up..
looch_himself

Apr 6, 2010, 5:52 PM
Mostly because she didn't use any racial slurs. The guy TITLED his post with a slur.
burntbridges

Apr 8, 2010, 5:08 PM
It happens. ๐Ÿ™‚
burntbridges

Apr 8, 2010, 5:08 PM
What exactly in his title is considered the slur? I mean, most of the Indians I have ever enountered have had the last name Patel..
phoneguy45

Apr 10, 2010, 11:09 AM
and they all own SUPER 8 Hotels ๐Ÿคฃ
Owenu

Apr 5, 2010, 1:10 PM
I don't think the things you listed are limited to Native American customers.
easystreet

Apr 5, 2010, 4:40 PM
he is talking about dots not feathers ๐Ÿคฃ
Owenu

Apr 5, 2010, 6:39 PM
i know. just being silly.
easystreet

Apr 5, 2010, 6:51 PM
I thought you may have be serious
retrocool

Apr 5, 2010, 7:57 PM
Yeah, really, God forbid anyone be serious about anything here.
easystreet

Apr 6, 2010, 2:59 PM
you kind of missed that point didnt you
Nobodey

Apr 5, 2010, 3:49 PM
If the OP is racist or not is up for discussion, however it does not mean he does not make a point.

If you were a waitress and a single father came in with his baby boy, is it patricist (yes, I just made that word up, let me know if there is a better one) to assume he is not going to tip you well, probably ask for lots of napkins, have a lot of crying and generally need more attention than anyone else in the restaraunt, etc?

No, because if history dictates that that is what is normal, then you expect it to be normal.

Experiences such as these build instincts, define evolution. Should you be open to be surprised if it is not the case? Of course.
But it is very.. human, to assume that a pattern will hold true.
zzyo

Apr 5, 2010, 4:14 PM
๐Ÿ˜•
retrocool

Apr 5, 2010, 8:06 PM
It's been my experience that melanin-deprived individuals with ethnic origins in Europe, as a group, have, by and large, a tendency to deny those things that are obvious to everyone else.

Most also have a tendency to consider life a joke, when in fact, they are the joke.
SprintCC

Apr 10, 2010, 12:10 PM
But that's not a racist comment, right?
easystreet

Apr 5, 2010, 4:43 PM
my 10 yrs in retail would back this mans statement up

they will haggle over pennies

they also all drive toyota corollas (at least the ones here do)
burntbridges

Apr 5, 2010, 7:54 PM
๐Ÿคฃ so, so, so true.
Amarantamin

Apr 5, 2010, 8:53 PM
Are Americans. They think they are owed everything just for existing. They're always 'long-time' customers even if the account has been opened for six months, they claim 'loyalty' while stating they will cancel if they don't get what they want, and they all think we can cut them a special deal 'just between us' (as if I don't hear that twenty times a day).

Not all of them, of course, but of any nationality to have the 'I'm entitled' attitude, it's the born-and-bred Americans.
retrocool

Apr 5, 2010, 9:13 PM
And no, it's all of them...er, us. ๐Ÿ˜
Amarantamin

Apr 5, 2010, 9:16 PM
The disclaimer was so as not to upset anyone, but since you went ahead and pulled that curtain... Yeah, it's all of them... us...
retrocool

Apr 5, 2010, 10:09 PM
Well, really, I don't think it would be hard to fathom that if there are immigrants to the US who begin adopting rough-and-tough, surly, me-first attitudes, it's probably just because they've been given the impression that having such an attitude is a very American thing to do, and they're just trying to fit in.

Only thing is, some of them also bring old habits, like haggling, which we actually DO do (we call it negotiating), just not in most retail situations. (At the swap meet or at the pawn shop, though...)

If a customer starts trying to haggle price with me, I just kindly inform them that we don't actually set prices and don't have the authority to negotiate pricing, and, if need be, kick that decision upstairs, or gently encourge ...
(continues)
DE 2 Philly

Apr 5, 2010, 11:13 PM
Its true for the most part. Ive worked retail for 6 years - I'm white, my girlfriend of 2 years is latina, and out of all races - black,white,latin,indian,asian etc... If I had to ADMIT - they WOULD be the hardest to accommodate (please I'm not trying to be mean).

Now the way he worded it "Patels" etc. was a little on the racy* side but there is some truth to what he says; I have more bad experiences with customers of Indian decent than I do good, now dont get me wrong if I had to go haggle a deal I'd bring my friend Obade (yes I have an Indian friend) with me! LOL ๐Ÿ˜Ž
easystreet

Apr 6, 2010, 3:06 PM
I clean for an apartment complex in my town and its where they all live and part their corollas

they have no furnature, lamps, tv's etc they sit on the floor and when the sun goes down they have no light except in the kitchen. they do not use dressers the clothes are either in a suitcase or on the floor. I rarely see beds it their apts only sheets and blankets on the floor. I willing to bet if I snooped around enough I would find plenty of C-4

im not saying everyone of them live this way but a vast majority of the ones here do and that is not a small number my town is flooded with them

funny side note

one time a couple patels moved out and left their forehead dots behind I wore one the better half of the day
Amarantamin

Apr 6, 2010, 6:06 PM
. . .

No comment.
easystreet

Apr 6, 2010, 7:20 PM
I have seen this scenario several times
burntbridges

Apr 8, 2010, 5:07 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
phoneguy45

Apr 10, 2010, 11:32 AM
dont forget the bad breath and constant smell of curry....its almost overwhelming...
MrGoofball

Apr 7, 2010, 12:11 PM
Uh isn't Patel just a last name that seems as common as Smith? Cause a good chunk of Indian descent customers that call me have that last name.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.