Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

another annoying fact....

missknoitall444

Jan 18, 2010, 5:52 PM
I hate when a customer comes in and is talking on their phone. Then they put their finger up as to say to me hold on I'm busy. If you are walking into a store that has no aisles DONT BE ON UR PHONE!!!!! its rude.

K. ๐Ÿ™„

Anyone else have to deal with this?
wizardofCroz

Jan 18, 2010, 6:15 PM
I try and make the situation as awkward as possible for the customer talking on the phone. I don't say anything, but I follow them around the store, and when they do the "scrunched up nose, just looking thanks" motion, I start to ask them questions and force them to either leave or get off the phone.
Researcher

Jan 18, 2010, 6:59 PM
I hate when they call you at the call center then say they have to put you on hold to take another call.

Bye- bye ๐Ÿคฃ
Azeron

Jan 19, 2010, 7:00 AM
Those are the best calls. Really help that AHT.
mrpmpfan

Jan 19, 2010, 6:48 AM
You are older than the age of 4 right? Then when you see an adult on the phone go make yourself busy until they are off. You are complaining about nothing.
Azeron

Jan 19, 2010, 7:03 AM
Uh sounds like venting to me. *Shrug* It happens...
Mossberg

Jan 19, 2010, 4:17 PM
Don't you have a jihad or something to do?
wizardofCroz

Jan 20, 2010, 1:24 PM
This forum could probably be subdivided with "call center talk" and actual "store talk". People that sit in cubicals all day have no idea what it's like to approach a customer when they're on the phone.

The problem occurs when customer 1 walks in talking on the cell phone. You don't want to be rude and interrupt them, so then customer 2 walks in (not talking on a cell phone) and you start helping them. So then customer 1 gets irritated because he or she was in the store first.

Basically, if you want service, get off the damn phone.
missknoitall444

Jan 19, 2010, 11:45 AM
Whats funny is my point was that its rude. That would be like me asking for your help then telling you that i don't trust what you are saying. If you come into a store don't be on the phone its RUDE! Thats all i was saying....jerk.
Coil

Jan 19, 2010, 3:35 PM
missknoitall444 said:
If you are walking into a store that has no aisles DONT BE ON UR PHONE!!!!! its rude.

People that post on the Internet using non qwerty short hand texts. I mean I understand your improper spelling and the fact you lack grammar but come on? You don't want to show us, your online cell phone partners in crime, the same respect you expect to receive? Just type 'your' instead of 'ur'.
juice007

Jan 19, 2010, 4:11 PM
Hey, the American language is changing. Soon it will just be that way. ๐Ÿคจ
NEPats726420

Jan 20, 2010, 10:15 AM
Make a sign thats says, "You will receive service as soon as you finish your call!!"
Grim Reaper.

Jan 20, 2010, 10:45 AM
There are actually establishments in my town that have signs posted that express that you will not receive service if you are on your cell phone.

Most of the establishments that have these signs are restaurants.
dualitycomplex

Jan 20, 2010, 1:14 PM
everyone who works in a retail location deals with this. We start talking about video games, politics, whatever we can think of just for the hell of it. Latest topic to distract customers who come in just to talk on their phjone and walk around is why we refuse to send money to haiti.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.