Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

NEW VZW DATA POLICY

kentbrockman

Jan 14, 2010, 12:07 PM
Any of you see this? More than half of the line-up is going to require an email and data feature. I am a huge supporter of Big Red but even this seems greedy.
WirelessGuy02

Jan 14, 2010, 4:44 PM
I couldn't believe it when I saw it.
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 16, 2010, 7:41 PM
at least you're not one of the poor reps who has to sell phones with our hands tied like that ☹️
Coil

Jan 16, 2010, 8:32 PM
VZW's ego is too big. They need to see some serious 1st quarter amd 2nd quarter losses.
Coil

Jan 16, 2010, 8:30 PM
Greedy isn't even the word... 10$ data for any 3g phone? That's almost every phone but more importantly have you read the specification? It's 25MB...25MB?>!?!? HA!!! If they want unlimited it's 30$..which is how much pda internet is...

While their new unlimited plans are finally rivals to crappy tmobile things like this will drive people away... atleast anyone with half a brain.
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 17, 2010, 4:40 PM
Coil said:
Greedy isn't even the word... 10$ data for any 3g phone? That's almost every phone but more importantly have you read the specification? It's 25MB...25MB?>!?!? HA!!! If they want unlimited it's 30$..which is how much pda internet is...

While their new unlimited plans are finally rivals to crappy tmobile things like this will drive people away... atleast anyone with half a brain.

well thankfully a decent amount of our customers don't have half a brain and another portion of customers will actually use the internet. go figure.
Coil

Jan 17, 2010, 5:37 PM
sweetcherrygurl said:
well thankfully a decent amount of our customers don't have half a brain and another portion of customers will actually use the internet. go figure.

Yeah you keep telling yourself that you must be new in this game. The only reason they are doing this is to phase out normal cell phones, period. VZW is trying to get a heads up on the future - smartphones and technological platform mixing. That's why your phone tells you when your period is and at the same time replaces your gps navigation device and at the same time gives you facebook updates and at the same time plays 16 gigs of mp3s and at the same time.. well you get the picture.
juice007

Jan 18, 2010, 5:05 PM
With the way phones are going they will all be like that. The people who don't have a smart phone don't care what the phone looks like.
mrpmpfan

Jan 19, 2010, 6:47 AM
Every line up of phones that come out, include 70% smartphones, 20% texting phones, 10% plain jane phones.

Sorry to say but due to idiots and their wonderful misuse of pay per use on their smartphones Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile all require data plans on smartphones.
dualitycomplex

Jan 20, 2010, 1:34 PM
I understand this policy atleast on a base level as to why they require data and explain it just as such to my customers, "people who get smart phones use the internet, if they say they don't they are lying and get huge bills, the extra per month is a lot less than the overage charges" yet some of the phones on the list are well pretty damned retarded. The w766 for instance was on the list when I first looked at it. Most people are not going to use that phone for web browsing, you better believe that the people who own rogues are using that facebook app. It is what it is, i expect atleast 2 to 3 months of pretty heavy customer resitance and selling alot of 5500s until people come around to the idea of this new technlogy push on them.
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 20, 2010, 1:39 PM
dualitycomplex said:
I understand this policy atleast on a base level as to why they require data and explain it just as such to my customers, "people who get smart phones use the internet, if they say they don't they are lying and get huge bills, the extra per month is a lot less than the overage charges" yet some of the phones on the list are well pretty damned retarded. The w766 for instance was on the list when I first looked at it. Most people are not going to use that phone for web browsing, you better believe that the people who own rogues are using that facebook app. It is what it is, i expect atleast 2 to 3 months of pretty heavy customer resitance and selling alot of 5500s until people come around to the idea
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.