Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Andriod or Iphone??

viperguy

Dec 16, 2009, 11:05 AM
I personally think the Andriod devices blow the iphone out of the water!
300zxATT_VZW

Dec 16, 2009, 11:08 AM
not for games. Android games suck, let me repeat that, suck for games in comparison.
viperguy

Dec 16, 2009, 11:09 AM
Its a cell phone if you wanna play games get a ps3 or xbox. Its useless to play a game on a 3 or 4 inch screen
300zxATT_VZW

Dec 16, 2009, 11:11 AM
Thats your opinion. So your saying you never had a Game Boy, Game Gear, etc?
viperguy

Dec 16, 2009, 11:13 AM
Game gear was a waste of technology. Game boy yes but i played on a game boy when i was 13 and under. Didnt have a cell phone then. Obviously.
300zxATT_VZW

Dec 16, 2009, 11:17 AM
Exatly my point. You don't need a portable gaming system with most phones anymore thanks to the many emulators available. The fact that I can play any SNES, Sega, NES game on my Droid keeps me quite entertained.
Not to mention there are a few Android devices coming out that are powerful enough to emulate N64.
uscingulair

Dec 26, 2009, 5:49 PM
Yea I got almost all nes games and they where all free. And the emulator was free yes free
300zxATT_VZW

Dec 16, 2009, 11:14 AM
Besides a 3.7 inch screen is plenty big enough for games. I'm not talking about high def gaming, just games to help pass some time. Android gaming will undoubtably improve over time which makes this a non issue for me.
viperguy

Dec 16, 2009, 11:17 AM
GO ANDRIOD! I hope att loses the iphone that company sucks
300zxATT_VZW

Dec 16, 2009, 11:22 AM
I have at&t and verizon (I work for an indirect at&t dealer) and both are excellent aside from the iPhone. Don't get me wrong tho. Without having the iPhone setting the bar for Android, who know's what kind of "boring" non-touchscreen phones we'd all still be using.
viperguy

Dec 16, 2009, 11:25 AM
(I WORK FOR ATT) The only thing that att has over any company is the iphone. once the iphone is put onto the market bye bye "loyal" customers.
300zxATT_VZW

Dec 16, 2009, 11:47 AM
Not all customers use an iPhone nor want want one. People liked at&t pre iPhone era and still like it post iPhone. I mean they have close to 82 million subscribers and I'm doing new adds almost every day. Why? Obviosly because they're terrible.
juice007

Dec 22, 2009, 3:13 PM
Well people are leaving other companies just for the phone. Don't think that they won't do that to ATT&T. They are hanging on the back end of this Phone company monopoly anyway.
micsourcing

Dec 19, 2009, 1:52 AM
iphone,we have iphones.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 19, 2009, 11:40 AM
Android is far superior! And with the on slaught of devices, the # of apps and games is exploding! Plus, you don't have to deal with Apple or AT&T to get your android fix.
TMobRep

Dec 22, 2009, 12:19 PM
The Android OS is far superior in every aspect to the iPhone.
The way i see it, the iPhone is a good device for non-tech savvy people that want a smart phone. It takes almost no know how to use, and theres almost no customization/development you can do besides the whole jailbreaking or whatever its called.

Android on the other hand, is a better OS right off he back. Its level of customization is better, the fact that its OPEN SOURCE, and you can root it, theme it, load different software versions, wi-fi AND USB internet tethering, the list goes on. The iPhone is on its last leg. 2010 is going to be the year of the Android.
wizardofCroz

Dec 22, 2009, 12:37 PM
You failed to mention the most important aspect, Apple has a cult following. 95% of people who buy apple products, stay with Apple products. The iPhone is not on its last leg, far from it. As long as Apple will continue to improve their product, people will continue to buy it.

You may be able to customize your theme, but can you talk on the phone and surf the web?

How many people REALLY tether their phones?

How many "tech savvy" customers REALLY come into the store and spend hours customizing their operating software?

People want useful, fun, and easy. Yeah the Android may be perfect for all of the nerds out there, but Apple is the Prom King.
TMobRep

Dec 22, 2009, 12:50 PM
ur right, the whole Apple cult following makes the phone even more of a douchebag phone than ever.

I use my phone for tethering every day. And once we get our HSPA+ upgrade well be seeing speeds of 7-10 Mbps which noone will be able to touch.

And yes, you can talk, and surf the web at the same time using TMo's 3G network. Very often i find myself tethering to my computer for internet, talking on the phone, and texting, all simultaneously.
wizardofCroz

Dec 22, 2009, 2:11 PM
I understand that YOU have a complete grasp on technology. YOU tether and perform software updates, you know the difference between MB and KB, however 98% of the people you talk to, do not and most of the time don't care.

As I've said before, people want easy, useful, and fun; and with the iPhone it doesn't get much better.

Call it a douchebag phone all you want, I guarantee if Tmob had Apple products, you would feel differently.
TMobRep

Dec 22, 2009, 7:27 PM
im not trying to stir anything up, and honestly i agree with you about the general public wanting a phone that just works. the iphone is that phone, a smartphone for dumbhumans, hah.

Android phones definitely need the user to be proactive to keep it running the way it should. for example, clearing caches, managing apps that may cause the phone to not run as it should. but to me at least, thats kind of the beauty of an open source platform such as Android. Its not for everyone, i agree 100%. If i get some guy that comes in and says, "hey, i want that G Phone, or GTouch or whatever its called...its touchscreen right???" I wont sell it to them, I believe in right fitting the customer to a phone thats going to serve their particular needs.
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.