Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 53 replies

Smoke breaks....

pizzas not for breakfast

Nov 19, 2009, 12:22 PM
Does anyone else find it extremely irritating, when you're at work on a smoke break and some stranger, walks up to you and asks for a cigarette, then feels like he is obligated to stand next to you and either A) Create an awkward silence as you both look at each other and not say one word or B) Forced to make small talk with this person knowing you will never talk to that person again. Just take the damn cigarette and go away.
mc tubbs

Nov 19, 2009, 12:27 PM
what about that fact that they're the same as a bum on the corner at this point? would you feel the same about giving them a smoke while walking out of store?
pizzas not for breakfast

Nov 19, 2009, 12:37 PM
Yes, yes i would. I don't mind giving out cigarette, depending on how many i have. I just don't want to know who you are, or how your day is going.
kiki_kaluah

Nov 19, 2009, 6:44 PM
đŸ˜ŗ I think I love you.
pizzas not for breakfast

Nov 19, 2009, 6:46 PM
🤤 i think i love you too
mrpmpfan

Nov 20, 2009, 6:41 AM
I think its annoying that just because a large group of my fellow co-workers are idiots and continue to flush their money down the toliet to hurt themselves they get extra breaks when they "need to".

I am happy about higer and higer taxes on ciggarettes. And I hope one day they will be $25 a pack of smokes.

Don't think you are invincible to cancer it will get you.

Case in point:
My Grandfather stopped smoking 30 yrs before he died from cancer related to smoking.
pizzas not for breakfast

Nov 20, 2009, 11:59 AM
oh i know I'm not invincible to cancer, and some day it will come, But i enjoy smoking, and i'll probly keep smoking till either something motivates me to quit, or i die, whichever comes first.
mrpmpfan

Nov 21, 2009, 6:43 AM
In all honesty I am not completely mad about cigarettes because at least they help point out instantly who is someone with a low IQ and that I should walk the other way.

For that I love those hot red glowing tips of death.

Smoke on.

But really if you know that it will lead to your death why not save up to buy a really nice gun. Put the money you spend on cigarettes and when you are like 60 yrs old just blow your brains out with the 24k Gold Gun you were able to afford.
looch_himself

Nov 21, 2009, 8:52 PM
This message brought to you by www.truth.com
GraGG

Nov 21, 2009, 9:02 PM
who does a little fake cough everytime you walk 100 yards away from a smoker 🙄
mrpmpfan

Nov 24, 2009, 6:12 AM
Nope I am the type who will gladly pay for your next pack of smokes if it will kill you that much faster. 😈
wizardofCroz

Nov 23, 2009, 6:49 PM
So I'm guessing you've never eaten anything fried? You've never drank pop (soda)? Never had one sip of alcohol? What about going outside? Did you know that the sun can give you cancer? Everytime you walk outside with shorts or a t-shirt on, you should have just stayed inside and shot yourself because you're going to get melanoma. Have you ever had anything to drink with artificial sweeteners? Has your house been checked for asbestos? Does your family have a history of heart disease? If so, are you eating your cheerios everyday?

Here's my point, stop being a hippy and calling every person who smokes "someone with a low IQ". There are millions of causes of cancer, and just because this one calms and relaxes someone doesn't mean you can tak...
(continues)
mrpmpfan

Nov 24, 2009, 6:17 AM
wizardofCroz said:
To quote South Park, "And if I happen to get cancer when I'm 80, I don't care, who the hell wants to be 90 anyway?"

My one grandmother died when she was 67 and went through hell for a whole year before dying.

My other grandmother was on oxygen for 14 yrs before finally dying at the age of 64.

My grandfather died at the age of 72 after battling cancer for over 2 yrs.

The point is not a single of them died peacefully in their sleep.

If someone could give one reason backed up with facts that prove that smokes do a single good thing for you I would love to hear it.

I have eatten fried foods, and drank soda but there is a single study showing that if both of those items are p...
(continues)
wizardofCroz

Nov 24, 2009, 11:39 AM
Ever purchased a candy bar? Those have no nutritional value so everytime you buy something with no nutritional value, you're throwing money away. Have you ever driven a car? Do you realize that car accidents are the 5th leading cause of death in the U.S.? I'm sure a lot of those people in car accidents died very peacefully while being ripped out of their car and burned alive. Do you constantly keep up with your memory by taking ginko biloba pills? If not, you should. Alzheimer's Disease is the 7th leading cause of death in this country.

have eatten fried foods, and drank soda but there is a single study showing that if both of those items are part of a balanced diet that they will kill you.

Thanks for makin...
(continues)
mrpmpfan

Nov 24, 2009, 12:09 PM
Now look up the number for the amount of people smoking kills a year...

Hint:

Around 5.4 million deaths a year are caused by tobacco.

Here are some fun smoking facts:

* Smoking is set to kill 6.5 million people in 2015 and 8.3 million humans in 2030, with the biggest rise in low-and middle-income countries.

* Every 6.5 seconds a current or former smoker dies, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

* An estimated 1.3 billion people are smokers worldwide (WHO).

Over 443,000 Americans (over 18 percent of all deaths) die because of smoking each year. Secondhand smoke kills about 50,000 of them.

1.2 million people in China die because of smoking each year. That's 2,000 people a day.

Tobacco use wil...
(continues)
mist668

Nov 24, 2009, 12:48 PM
Who cares, its a great way for states and government to make money on taxes, plus its also population control. Those people that will die put less stress on the system.
mrpmpfan

Nov 24, 2009, 12:53 PM
I am happy to see the smokers were forced out of businesses and I hope more rules and regulations are put on them.

I would re-elect Obama tomorrow for another 10 yrs if he would raise the tax on cigarettes to $10 a pack.
mist668

Nov 24, 2009, 1:00 PM
I gave them up after years. Now I am smoke free.

Think about all the people on welfare that smoke continiously. We would get that welfare money back if the taxes were $10 a pack 🤤
wizardofCroz

Nov 24, 2009, 1:28 PM
1. The next presidential election isn't until 2012.

2. Presidents can only serve 4 years at a time.

3. What vendetta do you really have against people who smoke?
mrpmpfan

Nov 25, 2009, 6:59 AM
My vendetta against smokers:

1.) They are given extra "smoke" breaks than non-smokers

2.) They litter and don't think twice about it with their butts

3.) They are the worst smelling co-workers

4.) They are killing other people around them with second hand smoke

5.) They are providing money (by buying smokes) to the big tabacco companies to continue their ads to attract more smokers

6.) They cost their loved ones thousands of dollars who want to save them as they go through treatment for cancer

My list could go on....
wizardofCroz

Nov 25, 2009, 2:52 PM
1.) You should approach your manager on this matter. No one should be given extra breaks or denied breaks whether they smoke or not. It's not their fault they are taking a break anyway, your vendetta should be guided towards your manager.

2.) Cigarettes are biodegrateable, they cause a lot less pollution than the car you drive.

3.) Usually someone smells because they don't shower. I could think of many smells that are worse than someone who just had a cigarette.

4.) You start dying the day you're born, get over it.

5.) Big tobacco companies? They've done nothing to you. They are in a business just like every other company. The only real ads are on bilboards since the FCC regulated T.V. and radio commercials advertising tobacco.
(continues)
mrpmpfan

Nov 26, 2009, 6:57 AM
1.) Believe me my manager only gives smokers an extra break or two because they would rip his skin off if he didn't

2.) Cigarettes are biodegrateable but so are paper bags, a half eatten hamburger, and apple cores, why use trash cans anymore just throw away plastics.

3.) Since you are most likely a smoker you probably can't smell just how bad you smell. Believe me you can tell when someone came in from smoking.

4.) It's true you start dying the day you are born but why speed up the process or make your final days terrible?

5.) Big Tobacco has done something to me they continued to make their products that they know have been killing people for years, and because of that my weak willed realitives have killed themselves with their...
(continues)
looch_himself

Nov 27, 2009, 9:54 PM
mrpmpfan said:
1.) Believe me my manager only gives smokers an extra break or two because they would rip his skin off if he didn't

Your manager sucks, or is a smoker himself. I'm a non-smoking manager, and I don't give my smokers any extra breaks.

2.) Cigarettes are biodegrateable but so are paper bags, a half eatten hamburger, and apple cores, why use trash cans anymore just throw away plastics.

I'll give you that one, I hate looking at cigarette butts on the ground. This is why I'm fond of making the smokers PICK UP THE BUTTS I see on the ground when I witness someone toss a butt on the ground.

3.) Since you are most likely a smoker you probably can't smell just how bad you smell. Believe me y
(continues)
mrpmpfan

Nov 28, 2009, 6:42 AM
mrpmpfan said:
1.) Your manager sucks, or is a smoker himself. I'm a non-smoking manager, and I don't give my smokers any extra breaks.

My manager is young and wants to be liked by all, but in honesty he isn't the first manager I have had that does this so I think when a good portion of your work force smokes you have to give them extra breaks so as you are not killed by them.

2.) I'll give you that one, I hate looking at cigarette butts on the ground. This is why I'm fond of making the smokers PICK UP THE BUTTS I see on the ground when I witness someone toss a butt on the ground.

That's great you are doing your part to curb this habit but I am talking about the countless millions of them that drive and thro ...
(continues)
looch_himself

Nov 28, 2009, 10:33 AM
mrpmpfan said:
mrpmpfan said:
My manager is young and wants to be liked by all, but in honesty he isn't the first manager I have had that does this so I think when a good portion of your work force smokes you have to give them extra breaks so as you are not killed by them.

Sucky managers are still sucky, no matter how old they are 😉

That's great you are doing your part to curb this habit but I am talking about the countless millions of them that drive and throw the butts out their windows.

Accepted.

I will agree with you on this one but in all honesty cigarette smoke mixed with Axe body spray is pretty fowl smelling.

At the very least, they are making an effort.<
(continues)
wizardofCroz

Nov 24, 2009, 1:14 PM
There are over 1 billion people in China. If 1.2 million people die, that's only .12 percent of the population being affected by smoking.

I think we should start a petition about this whole dying thing. I think we should get people to stop dying!! WHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?? DONT YOU WANT TO LIVE??!!!

My point is, you are talking as though dying is something that is preventable. Everyone does it, it just depends on how you live. And if you live with hate through other people's enjoyment, well, you'll die alone.
mist668

Nov 24, 2009, 2:03 PM
I say let them die, less people to support and use resources.
CustomersAreRubbish

Nov 25, 2009, 8:49 PM
mrpmpfan said:
I think its annoying that just because a large group of my fellow co-workers are idiots and continue to flush their money down the toliet to hurt themselves they get extra breaks when they "need to".

I think it's annoying that you believe you should be the sole arbitrer of break dispensing and how people handle their own lives.

mrpmpfan said:
I am happy about higer and higer taxes on ciggarettes. And I hope one day they will be $25 a pack of smokes.

And I hope you're on shift all day with a bunch of smokers on the day they can't afford to smoke anymore.

mrpmpfan said:
Don't think you are invincible to cancer it will get you.

Case
(continues)
CallCenterBlues

Nov 20, 2009, 10:06 AM
One of the few reasons I'm glad we smoke in a cage. LOL 🙄
damack

Nov 20, 2009, 12:05 PM
Does anyone else find it extremely irritating, when you're at work on a blunt break and some stranger, walks up to you and asks for a hit, then feels like he is obligated to stand next to you and either A) Create an awkward silence as you both look at each other and not say one word or B) Forced to make small talk with this person knowing you will never talk to that person again. Just hit the damn blunt and go away. 😁 😎 đŸ¤Ŗ
pizzas not for breakfast

Nov 20, 2009, 12:14 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ i know exactly how you feel.
damack

Nov 20, 2009, 12:15 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ
dualitycomplex

Nov 20, 2009, 2:33 PM
I hate when people ask you for a light and then try to walk off with your lighter.... đŸ‘ŋ
ecycled

Nov 20, 2009, 2:54 PM
Surely they know. In my hood, that'll get you kilt!
Coil

Nov 28, 2009, 10:41 AM
ecycled said:
In my hood, that'll get you kilt!

You live in Scotland?
love2transfercustomers

Nov 20, 2009, 6:15 PM
i find it extremely irritating that there is one big area outside for everyone to take their break, and one side is for smoking, and the other side is for non smoking.

i go out there on my break when there is no one else out there, and before i know it, a herd of smokers come out, firing up their smokes and filling the whole area with the smell of smoke.

what is the point of even having a side for non smokers? 😡
eljeffe666

Nov 20, 2009, 6:56 PM
u have non smokers smoke breaks?
love2transfercustomers

Nov 20, 2009, 7:23 PM
i like to go outside and breath fresh air, and one side the company has designated for non smokers. it doesn't do any good to label one half of the are for non smokers because the whole area gets filled w/ smoke.
eljeffe666

Nov 20, 2009, 6:29 PM
thats one reason i never keep my smokes on me i leave them in the store.

ooo sorry cant i dont have any more on me
mist668

Nov 20, 2009, 7:02 PM
You guys have to go outside to smoke? We just go into the bathroom and leave the fan run, especially in winter when its snowing and 10 degrees outside.
KioskLife

Nov 20, 2009, 7:22 PM
Or when a stranger sees you smoking and completely change direction so they can come and ask for a cigarette and then they just stand around. Obviously they had somewhere to be, that shouldn't have changed because they found someone to give them a smoke.
jeffatt

Nov 21, 2009, 12:49 PM
I find it irritating that employees who smoke are unproductive (arguably counterproductive in some situations) 5-10 minutes at a time several times a day and that's simply treated as acceptable behavior.

If I, as a non-smoker, went to stand outside for 5-10 minutes at a time for no reason, it wouldn't be tolerated. Furthermore, I believe smokers should not receive equal compensation given how much less productivity they provide.
dualitycomplex

Nov 21, 2009, 4:56 PM
not true come work for me, you can take just as many fake cigarette breaks as the smokers take real ones, Its only fair right? and that is a serious reply not sarcastic in any way shape or form. 😁
simmeon

Nov 21, 2009, 4:59 PM
I used to work in a place like that. Smokers go out there for ridiculous amounts of time at frequent intervels. I would og out there just to stretch and breath and get asked by manager's "What the hell are you doing this isnt break time" So I started smoking ☚ī¸
meeshxsmith

Nov 24, 2009, 10:58 AM
đŸ¤Ŗ Sounds like my last job. Everyone smoked because of me and they got like a smoke break every hour. Where me, I barely got my 15 minute breaks in. They even told me I should start smoking. đŸ˜ŗ
Coil

Nov 28, 2009, 10:45 AM
that you believe because you put in an extra couple minutes you think you're more productive than smokers. I blow away non smokers..but that's not the point. The point is nicotine is a stimulant and as such is used to alleviate the hard working employee where as you just look for reasons to be lazy ("ooooh but I want to go outside toooo! maybe sit down under a tree with some cup cakes!! ☚ī¸ waaa").
SHumphries

Nov 24, 2009, 6:45 PM
I love it when someone asks if I have an extra cig, I just tell them nope they only gave me 20 this time
simmeon

Nov 27, 2009, 1:23 PM
My boss says that to me all the time. he is a douche
BoredatSprint

Nov 27, 2009, 1:25 PM
Got an extra liver? I'm running low on mine.
pizzas not for breakfast

Nov 27, 2009, 1:26 PM
It'll cost you 🤤
BoredatSprint

Nov 27, 2009, 6:08 PM
SMOKING ROCKS
Coil

Nov 28, 2009, 10:46 AM
"Got an extra smoke? I'm too lazy to buy a pack but I'll spend 200 dollars on sneakers and pants that won't go above my knees. Word?"
Coil

Nov 28, 2009, 10:33 AM
when I give some piece of **** immitating what they see on BET or MTV free cigarettes. So umm.. I don't give strangers cigarettes. I mean wtf they're expensive. **** people.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.