Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Two down.....

jackrabbit6179

Nov 10, 2009, 9:42 AM
I think I posed this question before, but I think it's time to get some opinions again.

For those of you in the industry, whether retail, care, indirect, etc....:

Do you believe that it's only a matter of time before every carrier is offering an unlimited talk plan at a $50 (approx) rate?

Most MVNO's do it, as well as many regional carriers. T-Mobile does it now, and Sprint/Nextel has their unlimited everything.

How long do you believe it will be before Verizon, AT&T and others follow suit, just to stop churn? Or, if you don't believe this will happen at any point, what factors do you see as standing in the way of this?
pizzas not for breakfast

Nov 10, 2009, 10:48 AM
Well, every carrier already has unlimited plan. T-mobiles unlimited plan for 50$ only includes minutes, no text or data. even so, their new unlimited plan with text and data is best on market for 79.99, beating Sprints Simply Everything. I personally have sprint with Simply everything, my coverage is great and never have an issue, I've never personally experienced T-Mobile or know friends that have it, so i cant judge how well their service coverage is in my area. But i wouldn't be surprised if soon, they start reducing the prices of the unlimited plan. But i highly doubt you'll see an unlimited plan with text and data for less than 70$.

Unlimited plans and prices
At&t- Minutes 99.99 /w text and data 130.00
Spnt- Minutes 99.99 /w text...
(continues)
WZ_agent

Nov 10, 2009, 2:29 PM
wow...dont know where you got the VZW numbers but
minutes- 99.99
text and data- 129.99 for non smart phones and 149.99 for any smart phone
pizzas not for breakfast

Nov 10, 2009, 3:13 PM
Just going off what i could find on the website, if you show different prices let me know. what i found was that, for Unlimited minutes and text it is 119.99

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller? ... »

I selected the HTC for a smart phone.
To add the data feature with the plan its shows 44.99

So if i did my math correctly, 119.99 + 44.99 = 164.98
gldnhrtrblfst

Nov 10, 2009, 3:17 PM
also you say t-mobile's plan beats sprint's simply everything. You forgot to mention the simply everything includes, sprint tv (which is extra on t-mobile) and Navigation (also extra).
jmalo

Nov 10, 2009, 3:44 PM
Navigation is only extra if you use Telenav (which sucks imo). Google Maps is FTW!
pizzas not for breakfast

Nov 10, 2009, 3:44 PM
Okay, so navigation is 9.99 a month, i cant even find Mobile TV on the website so i have no idea how much that is, assuming that it is also 9.99 monthly. you are paying the same price, the upside to this you can choose to discontinue if you don't even use the services, and save 20$ a month, with Simply everything you can not do this. You are paying for services you aren't using.
banhammer

Nov 10, 2009, 8:35 PM
Smack down 😲
sweetcherrygurl

Nov 11, 2009, 6:40 PM
pizzas not for breakfast said:
Just going off what i could find on the website, if you show different prices let me know. what i found was that, for Unlimited minutes and text it is 119.99

I selected the HTC for a smart phone.
To add the data feature with the plan its shows 44.99

So if i did my math correctly, 119.99 + 44.99 = 164.98

the $44.99 email and web plan is for corporate email.

regular email and web for blackberry, PDA, or smartphone is $29.99/month.
pizzas not for breakfast

Nov 11, 2009, 6:46 PM
according to this its the other way around.

hmmmm..

Nov 11, 2009, 8:43 PM
🤣 love that copy and paste 😁
Butthead007

Nov 11, 2009, 9:35 PM
you clearly do not know what you are talking about pizza. and corporate email CAN be used on the $29.99 plan. So have a nice day!
Researcher

Nov 10, 2009, 6:56 PM
Page Plus Cellular a VZW reseller has unlimited talk, text and 20 MG for $39.95 month. This is not a special or temp rate. Perm plan and they are prepaid.
ecycled

Nov 11, 2009, 4:16 PM
For retards with bad credit

ATT prepaid now offers 60 unlimited talk and text for 30 days.

All companies will have a 70 ish plan within a year
Butthead007

Nov 11, 2009, 9:33 PM
Nope. Dont see it happening. Companies need to generate cash flow in order to build infrastructure. So reducing income only to bring in more subscribers with less resources to build out your network is not a good idea.

On paper, bringing in subs sounds like a great idea. But its like a dog catching its tail--now that you have it, what are you going to do with it? So the public views bare bones costs as an attractive incentive. Then the network is overloaded. And there is no capital to invest in growth. So how exactly does this benefit the consumer over the long haul? Oh yeah, it doesn't.

Simple people look for simple solutions. Let me reduce my wireless bill and go with a bargain basement plan. Well, you do in fact, get what you pay fo...
(continues)
ecycled

Nov 12, 2009, 4:16 PM
Butthead007 said:
Nope. Dont see it happening. Companies need to generate cash flow in order to build infrastructure. So reducing income only to bring in more subscribers with less resources to build out your network is not a good idea.

On paper, bringing in subs sounds like a great idea. But its like a dog catching its tail--now that you have it, what are you going to do with it? So the public views bare bones costs as an attractive incentive. Then the network is overloaded. And there is no capital to invest in growth. So how exactly does this benefit the consumer over the long haul? Oh yeah, it doesn't.

Simple people look for simple solutions. Let me reduce my wireless bill and go with a bargain basement plan. Wel
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.