Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

i just opened..don't have change...

getsome

Nov 9, 2009, 10:23 AM
Me: Hi, what can i do for you?

Cust: I needa pay mah billz..

*goes through the bill speech, checks id, cust says something stupid about how we over charge him blah blah blah, the usual*

Me: $34 (yes, 34 whole dollars. Hes 106 and has an old legacy rp)

Cust: *hands me $100 bill*

Me: Sir do you have anything smaller? i cannot provide change for this at the moment.

Cust: no, i don't...i keep hunneds. i know you got 1s and 5s to give. i dont mind its all money.

Me: then i wouldnt have any change for the next person with a lesser transaction.

Cust: aint my damn problem

Me: Sorry dude

Cust: you the first person who don't want my money if they cut me off its going to be your fault...

me: 😕
ecycled

Nov 9, 2009, 11:06 AM
Screw him. We don't do cash for bill pay at all here. It brings its own rewards.

We tell ppl if you have the first page of your bill you can go to Brookshire's and pay it at the customer service desk. Maybe you should send cash bill payers somewheres else too?
jackrabbit6179

Nov 10, 2009, 9:43 AM
This is funny: we use a bill payment kiosk (kind of like an ATM).... We don't break bills, and the machine doesn't give change.

I can see his face if you told him that his extra $64 would be credited to his account.
llama

Nov 10, 2009, 11:27 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the BPK (Bill Payment Kiosk)...

We charge a $3 fee to take a payment in person, the BPK is free.
matonater

Nov 10, 2009, 11:25 AM
its illegal to refuse cash
llama

Nov 10, 2009, 11:28 AM
not if you don't have change...

Now if the custie wanted to put the whole $100, I'd take it.
matonater

Nov 10, 2009, 11:31 AM
im sure there is something to that.

I watched a man call the police because the gas station refused his 100 bill and they made the store take it.
wizardofCroz

Nov 11, 2009, 4:45 PM
I find it hard to believe that someone actually called the police because a gas station wouldn't accept a large bill. I find it relatively difficult to believe you've personally witnessed such action. So I must call B.S. on your previous statement.

As a place of business, you have the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason without prejudice.
ecycled

Nov 11, 2009, 4:32 PM
matonater said:
its illegal to refuse cash

If you can take it. If you can't prove they paid, such as our system, then its not. I'm not doing anything where I can't produce a reciept.

WTF am I supposed to do? Take it and pay with my debit card. No effing way.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.