all discussions

show all 22 replies

Best Buy Employees

AVANESS

Sep 30, 2009, 4:19 PM
Show yourselves.
simmeon

Sep 30, 2009, 4:43 PM
🤣 I have never in all my two months of being on here heard someone say they work or have worked at best buy.
AVANESS

Sep 30, 2009, 4:55 PM
Yea me neither. I just thought I would give it a try.
simmeon

Sep 30, 2009, 5:02 PM
we need to lure them out somehow.
ATnT Cellular

Sep 30, 2009, 5:05 PM
You could try luring them out with commission on their phone sales...
simmeon

Sep 30, 2009, 5:17 PM
Im thinking a trail of candy. OOH a piece of candy
gadawg119

Oct 2, 2009, 12:20 PM
No, that's how you lure James Woods...

For BB emps...trail mix?
ecycled

Sep 30, 2009, 5:34 PM
BB Emps hide themselves. They don't put in effort enough to find phonescoop.com. Trust me you won't find any here.

brought to you by Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, KFC
simmeon

Sep 30, 2009, 5:38 PM
We can offer a free account on Phonescoop
Ask The Shack

Oct 1, 2009, 8:21 AM
I worked for BBY as part of the geek squad. I hated every minute of it.

I don't know why anyone would want to admit that they work there, at least in a positive way.

Best Buy can suck my left nut.
prizbilla_babykilla

Oct 1, 2009, 5:43 PM
i was a sales rep for bestbuy. it was lame. they want you to make a point to tell every customer you talk to and help that you're non-commission, like it's going to make them think you're not trying to sell them on something. 🤨
jeffatt

Oct 2, 2009, 9:17 AM
How did you get paid then? Bonuses? Incentives?

Surely not just strictly hourly...otherwise, what's your motivation to sell?
famoussasjohn

Oct 2, 2009, 10:53 AM
they get bonus's if they do well for the month, if they don't do well they don't get a bonus.
my old supervisor is a best buy mobile maanger.
Ask The Shack

Oct 5, 2009, 8:10 AM
famoussasjohn said:
they get bonus's if they do well for the month, if they don't do well they don't get a bonus.
my old supervisor is a best buy mobile maanger.

Just to clarify, the MANAGERS get the bonuses, the sales people get nothing. The only thing you earn there is your hourly rate, and the only incentive you have is to not get yelled at by the 4, or 5 bosses that you have at any given time, or for said bosses to cut your hours to almost nothing 'til you quit.

The place sucks balls.
famoussasjohn

Oct 5, 2009, 9:10 AM
Ask The Shack said:

Just to clarify, the MANAGERS get the bonuses, the sales people get nothing. The only thing you earn there is your hourly rate, and the only incentive you have is to not get yelled at by the 4, or 5 bosses that you have at any given time, or for said bosses to cut your hours to almost nothing 'til you quit.

The place sucks balls.

actually they do get a bonus at the end of each month.
since they merged into the Best Buy Mobile from just being "wireless", they are the only ones in the store that get an incentive at the end of each month if they do well and hit goal.
Cellinovation

Oct 5, 2009, 9:27 AM
Yeah.... Peter.....
Whats this I hear about TPS reports.
Didn't you get the memo?

I'll tell you what, Im gonna make sure someone brings one down just to make sure..
Coil

Oct 5, 2009, 3:20 PM
doubt that best buy employees have Internet access. Nay, intranet I'm guessing.
famoussasjohn

Oct 5, 2009, 3:27 PM
Coil said:
doubt that best buy employees have Internet access. Nay, intranet I'm guessing.

actually when i worked there we had access to just about anything except sites that wouldnt be acceptable for work places. but we had access to all of the major competitors websites. and any cell phone company website. i dont know about this site. as they do monitor all the web access in the store.
Coil

Oct 5, 2009, 3:52 PM
They're still tools. The cell phone people in there are actually contracted through an outside company that pays best buy rent and pays the employees nothing.
famoussasjohn

Oct 5, 2009, 4:04 PM
Coil said:
They're still tools. The cell phone people in there are actually contracted through an outside company that pays best buy rent and pays the employees nothing.

no their not. I worked in the wireless department for a year and a half before i switched to customer service and they are not contracted outside the company. they actual best buy employees.
you apparently do not know what you are talking about.
you are talking about what circuit city did, but only with verizon wireless.
ihatestupidppl

Oct 5, 2009, 3:32 PM
Bestbuy customer service sucks. I could do the job of three of their employees put together. Save them some damn money on payroll.
famoussasjohn

Oct 5, 2009, 3:38 PM
go for it..?

why does their customer service suck? i have never had a problem with their customer service, but their management is terrible.
WirelessGuy02

Oct 6, 2009, 6:35 PM
I am.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.