Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

walmart and verizon

Outside the norm

Jun 27, 2009, 10:51 AM
I don't know how to say this any better,

If a customer goes to walmart and buys a vz prepaid phone, they can not hook it up on a regular monthly account.

I have told the 4 walmarts near us this numerous times. They still sell them specifically for this reason.

Today i heard.

Cust: I want to do an ESN change to this phone.

Me: Ok, thats fine. We have a 5.00 esn change fee, that includes changing your contacts from old phone to new one.

Cust: Ok.

(I access account, goto place order and get an error. ESN not able to be activated.)

Me: Where did you get this phone at?

Cust: got it from a friend today.

Me: Ok, well its either a prepaid only phone or it was placed on lost and stolen list. Either way it cant be activat...
(continues)
Tmo Slave

Jun 27, 2009, 12:25 PM
I'm not sure how verizon handles it but I know at Tmo we have someone who handles authorized sellers. If we start having issues with them we report them. They talk to the other store and if things continue they could loose their license to sell Tmo. I would check with corp. and see, I'm sure they some sort of dept. for handling this. Make sure you also document these issues. I'm sure walmart would not like to loose their contract with verizon because of some a$$hat.
NEPats726420

Jun 27, 2009, 3:13 PM
im sure verizon has a territory rep that deals with those things
GraGG

Jun 27, 2009, 3:19 PM
an @ss beater
GraGG

Jun 27, 2009, 3:13 PM
wait for the rep to go to his car/trailer... then beat the ish out of him... try the bite the curb scene from american history x
Menno

Jun 27, 2009, 3:20 PM
Contact your Verizon rep (if you are corp go through you manager) they will report it to whoever manages the walmart account.
GraGG

Jun 27, 2009, 3:23 PM
make commission? since when did they hire ppl who dont drool on themselves?
GraGG

Jun 27, 2009, 3:31 PM
terrible spelling
mist668

Jun 27, 2009, 3:52 PM
Or crap their pants either. Looking homeless must be a job qualification.
Marckoe

Jun 28, 2009, 1:18 PM
they work wonders
CAS8586

Jun 30, 2009, 4:46 PM
Does walmart eployees make commission if they do?..Do they get a Spiff or something...I honestly think thats stupid...I would expect that from an indirect agent..but not walmart...
Researcher

Jul 1, 2009, 12:42 PM
No, they do not make commission. Just hourly. Plus no spiff either.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.