Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Favorite was to anger the customer

inner_pyro

May 19, 2009, 3:39 PM
I like to wave and say "Have a Nice Day" 🙂 after they just finish cussing me out...
Menno

May 19, 2009, 3:41 PM
Write down everything they say when they are screaming at you, asking them to clarify what they mean when they just randomly curse.

It gets people so frustrated they just storm out, and a good chunk of them apologize afterwards.
inner_pyro

May 19, 2009, 3:43 PM
You work retail or cust. care?
Menno

May 19, 2009, 3:45 PM
Retail.

Indirect agent.
inner_pyro

May 19, 2009, 3:53 PM
O fun...any good stories?
Menno

May 19, 2009, 4:11 PM
Do you have any blueberries? I need a simple phone:
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

I need a new phone on a corp account, and you are going to give it to me, for free:

So you're going to walk away from my business?

Lately it's just been the typical customers who waste 2 hours of your time going over every phone and then they order one on wirefly and come back to bitch when something goes wrong.
inner_pyro

May 19, 2009, 4:16 PM
🤣 I love the one about the corp account.
Menno

May 19, 2009, 4:38 PM
That guy was a piece of work.. I called my Verizon rep and told them about it. They wanted the guy to call and complain so they could get where he worked and report it.
inner_pyro

May 19, 2009, 4:46 PM
😲 now thats sly... 😈
ollywolf

May 19, 2009, 4:55 PM
My all time favorite thing to do them is just let them keep yelling at me and be quite till they just stop and ask if you are there. I just tell them, " Yes I am still here, I am just letting you yell."
inner_pyro

May 19, 2009, 5:00 PM
🤣 thats good
CellularFanattic1

May 19, 2009, 5:21 PM
Well i prefer to keep my customers happy rather than angry, its just good business! 😁
Menno

May 19, 2009, 5:32 PM
We're not talking about that. yes we all want to keep customers happy.

What this is about are the customers who want something unreasonable, and even then they won't be happy such as:

-New free phones every three months
-Upgrading their plan when they're not authorized on it.
-Unlimited everything for $20 a month
-customers who try returning a ruined phone for a refund because they were too cheap for insurance and think that they can trash a phone for 30 days with no cost.
-Customers who think that by screaming at you somehow you'll change the rules to something they want them to be.
Kid

May 19, 2009, 5:35 PM
Unlimited everything for 20 a month?! Thats ourtragous...im going to your competitor
CellularFanattic1

May 19, 2009, 5:40 PM
oh i knew what was meant by it and i meant what i said by it.

Even the customers that come in for all of those things you just listed 98% of them will leave happy in some way. Wether we were able to offer them what they wanted or not. Even the other 2% leave angry but not as mad as they were when they came in so then in turn they come back to us when they need a new phone or plan etc.

smart a$$ remarks and everything dont fly unless you wanna piss them off more. Now dont get me wrong im not saying you do it but alot of people on here do(or talk up a big game like they do, but really dont)

so the moral of my post reply to you post is we dont have angry customers cause we make them all happy with good ol customer service. Its ...
(continues)
Menno

May 19, 2009, 5:55 PM
If they are my customers, I do everything I can to solve their issue. If they wasted two hours of my time and then got their phones on wirefly.. the most I will do is tell them to contact wirefly since if I change their account in any way they will get chargebacks for it.

I rarely if ever do anything to intentionally try and tick off a customer. The closest I get is to take notes when they are yelling because more often than not they'll realize how stupid they are acting and calm down (or they think I am taking notes to pass onto someone and calm down)

If they are my customer then yes I will try to help them. but I am not here to be bitched at by someone I never saw before because my store has the same sign as their phone, especia...
(continues)
CellularFanattic1

May 19, 2009, 6:01 PM
There is a trick to all that my friend. When they are bitching and everything you just gotta say the right thing to their face and they will stop bitching. and it all just depends on the situation, does it work everytime no but more times than none yes it will. Can i tell you what this magical thing to say is...no cause it all depends on you and how you react to what they say.

but i totally understand what you mean on all of it!
cbarton

May 20, 2009, 9:47 AM
Who returned some handsets. He didn't cancel his contract. He thought it was my job too do that. I work at an indirect store.
He called up here screaming at me and crusing me out saying he was going too take me too court.
I told him he could be a dick and keep yelling and I will hang up and he will have too pay because its in your signed returned policy and contract with the company that you have too cancel.
Or he can be nice and say he's sorry and that I can make a phone call and magically make that $400 charge dissapear.
Guess who go real nice, real quick after that?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.