Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Cellular Central

jreed3686

May 19, 2009, 8:04 AM
For verizon wireless, anyone heard about this company? Im fed up with the company i work for and was in our local mall over the weekend and the district manager talked to me about employment there. Before even submiting a resume i was offered employment. Im skeptical of how he explained the commission to me though.

40% of accessories, 40% of phones, 100% of add a lines, and seems to be 80% of new activation rate plans as well as 40% of upgrade rate plans and 40% features. seems to good to be true, anyone work for this company seems local to ohio as its based out of Toledo Ohio
cilvzwagent

May 19, 2009, 9:48 AM
40% - 100% of what? Gross Profit? Or some BS commission scale they set you on. If it's Gross Profit, it could work for you or against you. I'd ask to see some numbers. Just work up some scenario's...etc..
jreed3686

May 19, 2009, 9:58 AM
he explained if the car charger costs the company $5.00 and you sell it for 15.00 you make 40% of 15.00

if the rate plan costs 99.99 you make 80.00 which i guess im assuming is 80% on all plans with new activations
cilvzwagent

May 20, 2009, 9:55 AM
Sounds like a company looking to go for broke. That accessory deal is going to catch up to them quick. A woppin profit of $4 per CLA......I hope they sell 200 of them a week.

$80 isn't exactly a bad commission to bank off a new 1 line activation....but in this industry, we do a lot more add-a-lines than we do main lines. So does that mean you get to keep 80% of the 9.99? Crappy deal, brah. Is there any guarantee of any other wages?
jreed3686

May 20, 2009, 11:23 AM
he said i would make 100% of add a lines? but if my commission dosent equal my hourly rate, i make which ever is more. commission or hourly. which is 7.30 an hour 😕
cilvzwagent

May 20, 2009, 3:57 PM
So, you make 10 on an add a line...ick! I'd pass on this one..... My guaranteed wages if we get absolutely no one in the door is $12.50/hr. Granted, I'm in management.. but, my full time workers make $10/hr. And if our sales are more than our base wages, we get our commissions plus a bonus.
jreed3686

May 21, 2009, 9:19 AM
yeah, wow. can i come work for you? lol this places hourly is only 7.30 an hour, normally in my current job i have is 9.25 an hour in an att call center and i hate it.
cellphoneslinger

May 19, 2009, 3:34 PM
BE CAREFUL OF THIS PLACE!!!
From personal experience they have a habit making mistakes on what you get paid. I worked for them for 4 months they still owe me 700.00 bucks. I made ok money while I was there but before I left I had to go reprint all my sales tickets to find out that they shorted me. They also made a rule that you can not print extra sales copies 1 for the customer and 1 for the store, right after I left.
They must have upped the commision rate because it was 30% when I left in December. If you PM me I can tell you more.
GraGG

May 20, 2009, 4:38 PM
i work for a company like this one with the same %, but the stores only make like 60 new a month, it sounded great until i started workin here, now it sux, i used to be in the top 50 for the state at att everymonth, now i make prolly 2 g's a month... its weak, plus i get no hourly... if you are already at a direct store, dont mess up and move, trust me
jreed3686

May 21, 2009, 9:18 AM
i make 9.25 an hour working in a call center, this cell central place would be 7.30 an hour OR comission.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.