Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Company Contradiction.....T-Mo

getsome

May 18, 2009, 8:21 PM
so...for those of you who work at T-Mobile know how the company i putting so much pressure on the reps to sell this failing product called the T-Mobile @Home. Who needs a home phone? We have an unlimited plan, a hotspot service which when connected to uma you can make unlimited calls and now we have plans with more minutes.

In my market its such a big deal to sell this damn product. Half the people here don't have high speed internet. It's the country but yet i'm still hounded. Now they threaten to write us up for not selling this???

What makes this even more great is that they have taken an old @home commercial and turned it into a "more minutes" commercial. There is a line where he says “T-Mobile knows customers are paying a ...
(continues)
20momof3

May 18, 2009, 8:35 PM
If you are that against selling the @home service, why don't you quit your job and move on to something else? Part of being "happy" in the wireless industry is the ability to only sell your customer something they need. If you offer the @home service and they don't want it, move on to your next upsell. If they don't want any...that's fine. I know there are numbers to be met, and I also know that it can be tough to sell ice to an Eskimo, however you have to do what the job calls for.
getsome

May 19, 2009, 8:04 AM
i don't care to sell the product at all but the whole thing is why do they heavily advertise against a home phone then get us to try to sell people one? Also a requirement is that you must have high speed internet. we do not offer that and most people in my area do not have it. So basically i am penalized because my customer does not have high speed internet and also sees no point in a home phone when we give the MOST minutes.
inner_pyro

May 19, 2009, 3:35 PM
Wasn't it T-Mobile who advertised "Cutting the cord?" 🤣 ...
Guy Montag

May 19, 2009, 9:58 PM
Ranting about an impossible to meet quota doesn't equal "Quite your job". What a tool box thing to say. Next time you complain it's raining is the solution kill yourself and you won't have to deal with it? The most common thread in Shop Talk pertains to complaining about work. This easily fits that description and your response was about as ass as it gets.

His issue wasn't about not being able to sell the service, it was about being pushed to sell an unsellable service. Followed up by contradictory advertising. This is an easily understandable sentiment when companies try to force quotas down your throat. Some things are simply unatainable. I doubt he was looking for a solution to the problem so much as a simple agreement that it'...
(continues)
Burger Time

May 19, 2009, 10:14 PM
Guy Montag said:
Ranting about an impossible to meet quota doesn't equal "Quite your job". What a tool box thing to say. Next time you complain it's raining is the solution kill yourself and you won't have to deal with it? The most common thread in Shop Talk pertains to complaining about work. This easily fits that description and your response was about as ass as it gets.

His issue wasn't about not being able to sell the service, it was about being pushed to sell an unsellable service. Followed up by contradictory advertising. This is an easily understandable sentiment when companies try to force quotas down your throat. Some things are simply unatainable. I doubt he was looking for a solution to the problem s
(continues)
getsome

May 20, 2009, 11:22 AM
Guy Montag said:

His issue wasn't about not being able to sell the service, it was about being pushed to sell an unsellable service. Followed up by contradictory advertising. This is an easily understandable sentiment when companies try to force quotas down your throat. Some things are simply unatainable. I doubt he was looking for a solution to the problem s
(continues)
sckoisks17

May 19, 2009, 5:04 PM
The point of @Home isn't to get customers to get rid of their home phone. It's to give customers a better way to use their cell as a home phone. You get your own personal tower so you get perfect service, you get unlimited calling when at home, and you get it for $50-80 bucks cheaper, on average, than your old landline.

As for the majority of your customers not having high speed Internet, that's something you'll have to let your bosses know about. If you can't sell a product to someone, you shouldn't be penalized for not selling it to them. In the meantime, though, sell @Home to those who DO have high-speed Internet.

And third, about the commercial... do you honestly think anyone in the general public is seeing that commercial and ...
(continues)
getsome

May 20, 2009, 11:35 AM
sckoisks17 said:
The point of @Home isn't to get customers to get rid of their home phone. It's to give customers a better way to use their cell as a home phone. You get your own personal tower so you get perfect service, you get unlimited calling when at home, and you get it for $50-80 bucks cheaper, on average, than your old landline.

As for the majority of your customers not having high speed Internet, that's something you'll have to let your bosses know about. If you can't sell a product to someone, you shouldn't be penalized for not selling it to them. In the meantime, though, sell @Home to those who DO have high-speed Internet.

And third, about the commercial... do you honestly think anyone in the general
(continues)
a Girl

May 20, 2009, 12:20 PM
I worked for T-mob very briefly. Sounds like the other person doesn't understand the difference between the @Home service and Hotspot@Home. Either way, I just offer what the company requests regardless if I sound like an idiot because its unavailable to a customer. That person and I will never speak after that call so it never bothered me.
Guy Montag

May 19, 2009, 10:00 PM
Kind of reminds me of the old secret shop conundrum. You had to score well on secret shops, however because they were secret shoppers there was no way to prove they did in fact come in and give you a fair chance to sell them a product. Preformance was graded and cash was lost if you were shopped poorly.

On a much more similar note, I couldn't imagine my pay or job preformance being based on selling AT&T's push to talk service. 😳
Burger Time

May 19, 2009, 10:16 PM
Guy Montag said:
Kind of reminds me of the old secret shop conundrum. You had to score well on secret shops, however because they were secret shoppers there was no way to prove they did in fact come in and give you a fair chance to sell them a product. Preformance was graded and cash was lost if you were shopped poorly.

On a much more similar note, I couldn't imagine my pay or job preformance being based on selling AT&T's push to talk service. 😳

My new Blackberry Curve has PTT, but I never use it. All of my peeps have AT&T but no one ever uses PTT.
sckoisks17

May 20, 2009, 3:36 PM
PTT... now there's a truly worthless service. Even with Sprextel it's worthless now, because it's no longer included in any plan besides Simply Everything, every Sprextel customer has unlimited mobile-to-mobile, and the iDEN network is so oversaturated with Boost customers that it's tough to even make a call now, much less text or use DirectConnect.

And I do apologize about my first post in this thread, I do not sell T-Mobile (heck, T-Mobile isn't even available in my area) and thought @Home to be exactly the same service as Sprint's Airave. I did some more research and understand why you're frustrated over this now.
getsome

May 20, 2009, 5:04 PM
its cool. 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.