Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 31 replies

Well I've been a customer for ____ years....

a Girl

May 15, 2009, 7:03 PM
As soon as a customer says this I generally begin to tune them out, surf phonescoop or read up on the news. Its the exact same shpiel everytime. I can almost say their lines with them simultaneously. Does anyone else just zone out when customers say this stuff??
Drayton30

May 15, 2009, 7:25 PM
I reply with "Well Ive been training MMA for 5 years and ur about to get choked out!"
a Girl

May 15, 2009, 7:35 PM
uh...don't think I could pull that one off ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Tmo Slave

May 15, 2009, 9:41 PM
I tend to just get a glazzed over look on my eyes. Usually when they start out with "I've been with you guys for a long time" thats when I zone out. They usually want a "blueberry" or "flipflop" phone for free.
dxniel

May 16, 2009, 10:59 AM
and think well we arleady made our money off you so if you stay or go thats up to you
pizzas not for breakfast

Aug 7, 2009, 2:38 PM
Not me, I listen contently and agree with what they're saying....

... untill the happy pills wear off and i remember where i am, and how much i hate stupid customers.
FrankOMCGee

Aug 7, 2009, 2:39 PM
then you murder them in old blood. or just pop more valume
therecanbeonlyone

Aug 12, 2009, 9:48 AM
i would use new blood. valium.
not being a jerk.
well maybe i am ๐Ÿ˜ณ
FrankOMCGee

Aug 12, 2009, 12:19 PM
well if you used old blood, you use an elderly person as a means to an end. ๐Ÿคฃ children make terrible murderers.
ccareatatt

May 16, 2009, 6:26 PM
naw i thank them for their loyalty and move on from that whole thing.
Drunk

May 16, 2009, 6:28 PM
Pull out your piece and tell them they are messing with the wrong 3itch today mother mother!
GraGG

May 16, 2009, 6:33 PM
i tell them thats too bad, cuz if they were new customers i could get them better deals... gawd i like indirect
12LONGYEARS

May 17, 2009, 11:40 AM
I usually respond with "well I've been an employee for even longer and I'm still waiting to get the same deal that you get as a customer".
USCELLGIRL

May 18, 2009, 11:48 AM
I just smile and tell them I have been eating at McDonald's my whole life and they have never given me a free cheeseburger. It's all in the delivery. They usually realize what a stupid comment it was and move on. ๐Ÿคฃ
frontncenter

May 18, 2009, 12:42 PM
Beautiful, don't mind if I use that one?
USCELLGIRL

May 18, 2009, 12:47 PM
Go for it! You could use any store/product...walmart/groceries etc. But again its all in the delivery...you could really upset someone if you say it wrong lol. Make sure you are empathizing with them.
frontncenter

May 18, 2009, 12:49 PM
naw, I'll just deadpan it
hereticcavi

May 19, 2009, 3:55 PM
my fav at sprint is when they have been a cust for 24 years, when we have had wireless around 10ish
ollywolf

May 19, 2009, 5:03 PM
Oh yeah. That is the nice thing about working in a call center, You can sit there at your pod/desk and roll your eyes at them and make faces and they will never know the difference. I hate when they pull the crap. Like I care ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
IcebergSlimm

Aug 7, 2009, 12:49 PM
I like to pull this.. "(a little chuckle) Neat.. so anyway..."

HAHA.. i had a lady a week or so ago pull the i've been with you so long, how come i have restore fees.. AND, nsf fees for my check bouncing.

"yeah, you've been with us for 3 years."

"well it was in my husbands name before that.!!"

i noticed that when i entered the # before. pulled up that account. "yup, since '99. Do you want the number to the collection agency that it went to."

Funny i caught her on the, cancel in one name start it in another scheme. She shut right up after that. I LOOOOOVE doing stuff like that.
SneakyRebelNinja

Aug 7, 2009, 3:31 PM
The other tune-out line for me is "My welfare check is late." Man I love this town..... (insert puking smiley here ___)
jeffatt

Aug 8, 2009, 2:38 PM
this one kills me: "I've been with AT&T since it was Cingular!"

that was especially funny about a year ago when it hadn't barely been a year since the change....

One I got the other day was a guy talking about how he'd been with AT&T "since before Cingular, before it was AT&T the first time around, before Bellsouth, back before it was Verizon or something in the 80's..."
SprintCC

Aug 8, 2009, 2:57 PM
I am going to try that the next time I call AT$T, but I can say it a little differently. I've been with AT$T since before it was Cingular. They've liked to change their name in the past, but maybe it will stay this way for a while.
BLenny1914

Aug 9, 2009, 4:15 PM
when i hear the whole "ive been with you for 100 years when we threw rocks at each other to communicate" crap i usually do the lil laugh and "uh huh". i consider my attitude a lil "David Spade-ish". i use the same attitue when i hear "i spend at least 150 dollars with yall a month" crap. they should give us sound affects on our phones that say things like "bulllllllllllllshyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyt" or "BIG DEAL!!!" or a baby crying.
Decept.ICON

Aug 9, 2009, 4:16 PM
๐Ÿคฃ Im so downloading a a baby crying ringtone for this purpose...
love2transfercustomers

Aug 11, 2009, 5:47 PM
in my head i say, "who gives a damn?!", but out loud i say, "and we do appriciate your business, but unfortunately....." ๐Ÿ˜›
ACSer4Sprint

Aug 11, 2009, 5:49 PM
ill have to transfer you? ๐Ÿคจ
love2transfercustomers

Aug 11, 2009, 6:19 PM
most likely ๐Ÿ˜
captainplooky

Aug 11, 2009, 6:02 PM
Are there any lines customers can use to help them negotiate that wouldn't be so infuriating?

Are these people mainly looking for credits, accessories, phones, or new plans?
BoredatSprint

Aug 11, 2009, 6:23 PM
Let me put it to you this way.

It's probably as frustrating for a customer to have to listen to our force fed 'scripts' as it is for us to listen to your 'phrases'.

E.G.

There are no notations on the account that reflect a promised credit (SCRIPTED BULL$HIT!!!)
I've been with the company for x years! (DUMB@SS CUSTOMER PHRASE!!!)

Sir, those are valid charges. (SCRIPTED BULL$HIT!!!)
If you don't remove those charges, I'm going to cancel!(DUMB@SS CUSTOMER PHRASE!!!)

ETC ETC...Until the end of time
therecanbeonlyone

Aug 12, 2009, 9:22 AM
i has a carrot (scripted bulldoody)
can i speak with your supervisor (customer poopydoodle) ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
a Girl

Aug 12, 2009, 11:42 AM
I guess the issue is, we can't negotiate. My prices are set and neither me, my supervisor nor my supervisor's supervisor will change the price of a phone or credit the customers account.

They want a variety of things. Mostly phones for free that just aren't. Occaisionally they will ask to get free unlimited text messaging or the nation unlimited plan for only 40 bucks a month. These won't be done, mostly because they cannot...unless of course the company has secret codes for these offers that they have yet to make their employees aware of.

The only time I feel bad for a customer is if they've had some really awful experience with the company and I can see that by looking through their account. Even still, I wouldn't be able to help by...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.