Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Verizon Employees

jreed3686

May 12, 2009, 9:51 AM
my friend is going to an interview for an indirect agent store and they are paying min. wage which is 7.30 an hour OR commission whichever ends up being higher. My question for him is how does commission for verizon work? Is it depending on the store? As well as with an indirect agent does he get the ability to get the 'free phone'?
llama

May 12, 2009, 10:06 AM
Indirects are wayyyy different than Corp locations.
jreed3686

May 12, 2009, 10:10 AM
oh ic. Well whoever gave him the call when he got the information for the interview gave him very little information he just wants to know what to expect before he calls off from his current job to go into the interview lol.

But does anyone have any idea how i THINK he said it was Cellular Wireless(?) works?
Em3rnce

May 12, 2009, 11:38 AM
He might be interviewing for the same company I work for..

I take it he is applying for part time?
jreed3686

May 12, 2009, 11:43 AM
actually he told him its 40 hours or part time but aslong as you work your scheduled hours you can work as many as you want to try and get the commission too. Wierd im like dude work 12 hours a day 6 days a week, the overtime on 7.30/hr would make hourly not so bad. but commission may be good too?

Im lost on commission, whats an example on how that works anyhow. Do you know?
Em3rnce

May 12, 2009, 11:52 AM
Well.. Im an Assistant Manager, and I dont get overtime pay, Ill tell you that right now lol

Our commission structure is based on position. All of the commission amount is thrown together in one big pot and shared by percentages.

Part time works around 30-34 hours a week at an hourly rate, and takes 10% of the commission.

Assistant Management (Like me) works 40 hours a week and takes 40% of the pot.

Manager works 40 hours like above, but takes 50%.

For example, if our gross profit for the week is 5000.00, corporate takes 75% of that, our store makes 1250.00 in commission.

I would make my salary, which is 125/wk, plus my 40% of the commission, which would equal out to 625.00 before taxes for that week.

Our checks are biwe...
(continues)
jreed3686

May 12, 2009, 12:13 PM
so you bring home roughly 100.00 more every 2 weeks than me and you have more responsibility lol. He was told a manager gets 42k a year plus commission and if the store met quota he would get a 600.00 bonus check at the end of the month.
Menno

May 12, 2009, 1:06 PM
It's not the company she is talking about then. We don't have "quota commission."
Em3rnce

May 12, 2009, 1:09 PM
Thank God lol

Its hard enough trying to meet our guarantees for the week where we're located..
Menno

May 12, 2009, 1:10 PM
Try having a full time employee.
Em3rnce

May 12, 2009, 1:13 PM
What do you mean?
Cell Girl

May 12, 2009, 2:14 PM
I work for an indirect as well...

and there is no such thing as a free phone lol. We get discounts on our plan a month but either have to buy a phone at full retail, or ebay/craigslist ect.

Commision for a part time employee just depends on your sales. You get more for News, but not that much differant for upgrade. Commision is also given on data, accessories, and other things
Kid

May 12, 2009, 2:20 PM
How much do you pay for your plan? I work for an Alltel indirect and our cell plans are VERY cheap. I'm wondering how much it will change when my area is switched to VZW.
Cell Girl

May 12, 2009, 2:25 PM
Lets just say its very cheap
Em3rnce

May 12, 2009, 2:29 PM
Very cheap indeed. Thats what I opted for. And got my phone cheap on craigslist 🙂
Kid

May 12, 2009, 2:36 PM
I like cheap! 👀 That sounded bad 😳

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.