Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Why.....(just a lil long)

inner_pyro

May 12, 2009, 9:19 AM
Does someone come 15-20 mins before open pull on the door, cup his hands and look into the store ๐Ÿ‘€ ? I'm moping and just wave...gets pissed off and waits till 9 on the dot and trys to get in. I'm in the bathroom and I here him tugging on the door so I decide to take my time. I'm sorry I'm tierd cranky and its not my fault you wait till the day after your bill's due to make the payment. I take my time walking to the door and I see the guy pointing to his watch, I nod. Unlock the door let him in. The first thing he has to say is
"The sign says 9..."
Me: Looking at the clock saying 9:03am ๐Ÿคจ "sorry was in the bathroom:
Customer: "That wave wasn't funny ๐Ÿ˜ก "
Me: "How can I help you today?"

I dragged this out a lil longer than...
(continues)
WorldSoCold

May 12, 2009, 2:53 PM
They bother me too. Another thing that bothers me is:

Our store is next to a nail salon. The salon doesn't open until 10am. The phone rings off the hook until then... women come up to the store, stare inside (to see nothing but darkness), stand infront of the window and call the store, knock on the store's windows ...thinking that the chinks are in there hiding and snickering at all the retards doing this or something.

THEN... they will stand infront of our door...crowding our windows and blocking our doors so that way no one can get into our store.

OOOHHHH that makes me mad! There have been a few times i have gone out and told people that if they don't go wait in their cars i'm calling the police for loitering infront of a busin...
(continues)
taco50

May 13, 2009, 11:43 AM
So you saw the guy was in a hurry and you took your sweet time. Sounds like you're the jerk here. And you opened the store late.
Tmo Slave

May 13, 2009, 12:27 PM
Obviously you don't know what your talking about. He said he opened 3 mins late, no big deal. People do that all the time but what you and those idiots fail to realize is stores have things that need to be done before we can open. Like counting out tills, vacuuming, moping and restocking. Just because someone is standing there 20 mins before the store is open doesn't mean we rush to let them in.

At our store in the mall there is a small gap between our 2 front doors and people put their faces up against the glass and yell through the small gap asking what time we open. Obviously if you looked at the hours when you came into the mall you would see we open at 10:00 am like the rest of the damn mall.
monkey0717

May 13, 2009, 12:28 PM
Well I think its funn as hell ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ I hate customers that do that when the sign clearly says 9 and they even look at the sign then their watch then pull the door...I swear they think the magic time fairy is gonna come by and make it 9 on the dot....COMMON SENSE PEOPLE
Menno

May 13, 2009, 1:03 PM
We have posted hours for a reason. Most of the time you need to that time before the opening of a store to get everything ready. Counting the drawer, cleaning up, checking for new pricing, etc.

If the customer is a regular, I might open early. If the customer is waiting patiently in their car, I'll open as soon as I can. If they are pounding on the door, or looking through the glass I will open at exactly 9:00 on the dot. Why? Because they are being rude and reading a big sign isn't that hard.

I also close the store on the dot. if you show up 15 minutes late and I am in the store it does not mean that I am still open. I am trying to shut down the store so I can go home. If you are in the store before or at 8 I will help you,...
(continues)
frontncenter

May 13, 2009, 1:13 PM
amen. I will do my best to help a custy. But when I'm closed, I'm closed. When you're on salary there is even less of an incentive to hold someones hand past closing time. You had all day buddy, sorry.
Menno

May 13, 2009, 1:20 PM
I also like it when 10 people show up in the last half hour and you're by yourself and some customer is like "You should really have more people in the store."

We have two people in the store every day, but we're not both going to work 11 hours a day every day so that we always have two people in the store when customers decide to show up. We try having both people here when it is busiest. If there is a rush at an odd time, there's nothing we can do to help that besides work as efficiently as possible.
Kid

May 13, 2009, 3:00 PM
I think you should have handled it differently. As soon as you seen the customer was there early, you should have walked over to the door and politely let him in. Then as soon as he came in you should have kicked him in the knee and jabbed in the eye and said welcome to XXXX Cellular biotch. ๐Ÿ˜

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.