Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

I work for Motorola, and you're going to give me a new aircard!

Menno

Apr 27, 2009, 3:12 PM
So we have this customer enter the store with two kids in tow.

M= Me
C= Customer

M: How can I help you?

C: Oh, you're going to help me! I work for Motorola, and I have one of these wireless cards and you need to upgrade me to the new USB version. Here is the card's number.

M: ...alright. Is the account in your name?

C: (looking at me like I just asked what color his third eye was) NO. I said I work for Motorola, the card is obviously under their name.

M. Then I'll need the last four of their taxID and the password to verify that you are authorized on the account.

C: You don't need that. I have a ton of coworkers and they just went into the store and the people switched stuff around on the numbers in their syst...
(continues)
GraGG

Apr 27, 2009, 3:27 PM
the key fault in your logic is you are lookin for reason... 🙄
dnbstyle29

Apr 27, 2009, 3:44 PM
He tried the Jedi mind trick and it failed miserably! 🤣
Menno

Apr 27, 2009, 3:46 PM
These arn't the droids you're looking for.. 🙄
lowtechlou

Apr 27, 2009, 5:37 PM
act like you are going to help him/her

get their name cell phone #.

ask what Motorola location they work at?

contact that location and tell them that this person was in your store raising hell and cussing.

they are an AMBASADOR for the Motorola company...

companies frown on this. did you get the security video, post to youtube
SkinnyPuppy

Apr 27, 2009, 7:23 PM
Menno said:
I really don't get why customers think that they will get anywhere by treating the salesperson like crap..

I'm pretty good at calming them down and getting them to buy but if they remain irrate and have no account access f them.

that, and if he actually worked for a corporation,

Yeah, who knows who the hell he works for. He doesn't want to provide identification or information to verify the account. Not your fault. I totally agree. Let's share a cup of cocoa.
CallCenterBlues

Apr 28, 2009, 10:34 AM
It's like the people who call in to the insurance company and say I am loosing a million dollars a day by not having my phone right now. Come on get a grip, if you were really making a million dollars a day you would be atleast smart enough to know that if you just went out and replaced your 200.00 phone yourself then you would only loose 200.00, not a million dollars a day.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.