Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Thief...

kapwww

Apr 5, 2009, 3:19 PM
So I know people are worried about the economy and whatnot, but stealing the balloons from in front of the store to give your kids is just pathetic. We put them on our sign on weekends and parents have been stealing them lately for their kids as they walk by. Right in broad daylight. We don't put them out as gifts. They are there for attention and advertising. Why would people think its OK to undo the crazy tight knot? Hell, THEY PROBABLY ONLY COST A NICKEL EACH!!! If you don't have a nickel to buy a stupid balloon, you should really analyze your budget or evaluate your entire existence. A few less lottery tickets and you could afford your own balloons instead of stealing mine. Jerks. 👿
GraGG

Apr 5, 2009, 3:28 PM
they cut down balloons for their kids on their way to their trailer 😳
IrishCarBomb

Apr 7, 2009, 6:00 PM
I am encouraged by my management to go ahead and give the kid that balloon... for many reasons, the least of which is that balloon only costs us 50 cents, and I should be able to draw attention better than any ol' balloon could, unless it is a really BA balloon that is huge and shinny and has a picture on it.

Anyways, my point is this, don't look at it as theft, but an opportunity to say "hi, how would you like a balloon buddy" and thus a personal, positive, kind connection is made with that parent that has a real shot at leading to a sale down the road.

I have, actually, made more than a couple handful of sales because I gave a kid a balloon. That is 50 cents well spent.
kapwww

Apr 7, 2009, 6:06 PM
If the balloons had our info printed on them, it would be different. They are plain balloons to get attention.

If someone comes in with kids, we have no problem giving them balloons or old dummy phones. It's the ones who just take it that tick me off.
IrishCarBomb

Apr 7, 2009, 6:30 PM
Do you stand there and watch them untie the knot? It shouldn't be hard to strike up a conversation with them during that process...

I really don't see how people are stealing these balloons from under your nose without you being able to make a positive out of it.

And what does the balloon having info printed on it have to do with anything? We usually only have plain balloons with no print, sometimes it will have SALE! or Blackberry! or my carrier's name, but no run down. Thats what fliers are for, which come along with that free balloon transaction.

Maybe you are so busy you can't get to them before they make off with the balloon. But at the same time, if you can't stop that, how do you stop them from taking a demo phone, or any...
(continues)
kapwww

Apr 7, 2009, 11:37 PM
You know...If I was looking for a fight, I would go to the lounge. That's where everybody likes to be a dick and get away with it. I've been around this forum for a while and people complain about things that are much more simple than this and yet they don't get the ridicule. Screw this forum. It's done nothing but suck for the past year anyhow.
Hombre07

Apr 8, 2009, 12:41 AM
Or maybe you could listen to him? It's a viable way to bring the customer in. I would gladly give up a balloon in exchange for giving my pitch to a customer.
jreed3686

Apr 8, 2009, 8:05 AM
Aww is somebody a little on the sour puss side? lol Chill out bro.
Decept.ICON

Apr 8, 2009, 3:14 PM
No one in shop talk giving you kudos for crying like a b!tch? 😢
OfAMightDivine

Apr 8, 2009, 10:31 PM
+10 points
Decept.ICON

Apr 8, 2009, 9:40 AM
who reported me? 🤣
Hombre07

Apr 8, 2009, 11:28 PM
Worth it though right?
haternation

Apr 10, 2009, 8:42 PM
I hate to tell you but if I'm working with ten people trying to sell phones I'm not going to go after some jerk trying to steal my balloons. But it does kinda tick me off. For the simple fact that those are the same people who come in the store and tell you that the should get something for free no mattter what.
IrishCarBomb

Apr 11, 2009, 8:48 AM
I think you missed what I was getting at... I wasn't say go chasing after the dude taking the balloon, I was saying GREET him!

Seriously, it is simple, say "hi, did you want a balloon?"

If that is too difficult for you to do, even with 10 people in your store, you should probably start seeking employment elsewhere.

And from the sounds of it, the OP is just standing there watching this happen and not doing anything at all about it other than watching his balloons get stolen and then b!tching about it on here.
haternation

Apr 11, 2009, 9:50 AM
Agreed

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.