Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

(not to be racist)..but who likes to sell to indian people??

CAS8586

Apr 4, 2009, 1:40 PM
You gotta love em
lowtechlou

Apr 4, 2009, 1:49 PM
sir i am not knowing what you are so going on about. yes thank very much COME AGAIN!!!
Decept.ICON

Apr 4, 2009, 1:51 PM
we called them "Patels". (pretty common from dealership to dealership) They are the most insane hagglers because they have such an affinity for barter systems.. It's ridiculous. They can be pretty unreasonable. As far as the cellular industry my only memorable encounter was a man who felt like his Moto RAZR V3 didn't hav enough "Indian" music ring tones...
GraGG

Apr 4, 2009, 2:50 PM
dude i feel you on the patel comment (i started usin it after glenngary glenn ross). as far as indians knowing the barter system well its true, and im willing to bargain with ppl, but if you come in and tell me your friend got a blackberry storm free no contract, im gonna kick your ass to the curb.

end of story
CAS8586

Apr 4, 2009, 3:31 PM
although i did close one indian dude on some crazy price..2 lines were eligible for a ne2..he ONLY wanted one phone...this stupid thing sparkled on my head to tell him that he can use both of those credits to get this certain phone for free...doesnt sound legit..but i explained that option to the fullest..not once but 5 times and asked him if he was SURE that he wanted it another 10 times..then I called customer service to notate the account, just in case for any problems...and you know what..he still came back and wanted to return..
GraGG

Apr 4, 2009, 3:34 PM
but you know dwamn well you werent doin do dwamn return ๐Ÿ˜‰
CAS8586

Apr 4, 2009, 3:35 PM
THIS IS THE BEST COMPANY EVER!! and you know it!
GraGG

Apr 4, 2009, 3:36 PM
lol, im just waitin for my bently
purplelotus

Apr 4, 2009, 8:23 PM
are you drunk today? lol.
GraGG

Apr 5, 2009, 2:44 PM
if only
lxav06

Apr 4, 2009, 3:25 PM
are right, i spent pretty much the whole day, haggling with a family.
it was dark and closing, no lunch and no sale.
i dislike dealing with them.
purplelotus

Apr 4, 2009, 2:55 PM
GYPSIES! I used to work in a bridal shop selling wedding gowns and they used to bring in USED dresses to barter for new ones.
GraGG

Apr 4, 2009, 3:07 PM
wait, used wedding dresses? thats terrible, wouldnt a used dress be bad luck, aside from the fact that its unsanitary?
purplelotus

Apr 4, 2009, 8:20 PM
YES! And it's not like they were even in the best of shape either!

I'm talkin pit-stains... wine... sometimes I couldn't even make the stains out ๐Ÿ‘€
GraGG

Apr 5, 2009, 2:45 PM
that is extrememly nasty, did they argue that the stains didnt matter or what?
amylynn

Apr 4, 2009, 5:38 PM
that's insane ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
llama

Apr 4, 2009, 3:33 PM
feather or dot?
CAS8586

Apr 4, 2009, 3:33 PM
HAH dot!
deeter

Apr 4, 2009, 5:59 PM
they will haggle with you over pennies
kapwww

Apr 4, 2009, 6:13 PM
I have one who is a doctor and he has been coming to the store for several years. He has NEVER purchased a phone.

He comes in when something is near end-of-life and wants it free without a rebate. Most of the phones still have rebates long after we stop carrying them here.

He always wants high end phones free for his secondary lines. Not gonna happen pal. Free Blackberry Pearl? Sure...if you pay $100 in store and wait for your $100 rebate...and yes...the Blackberry REQUIRES a data feature on VZW. It is not an optional service even though your cousin in New Delhi seems to think it is if you ask nicely...
dxniel

Apr 4, 2009, 7:39 PM
in to buy a case for his phone, and asked me for a discount.

so i tell him if u give me a good enough reason ill take of a dollar for every reason you give me

yeah they walked away ๐Ÿคฃ
GraGG

Apr 4, 2009, 7:49 PM
whenever someone just out the blue asks for a discount ('come on buddy, i know you can sell me this peice for free'), i ask why they should get a discount, and tell them you scratch my back i scratch yours... why should you get it free? what are you doin for me?
T-Monster

Apr 4, 2009, 7:54 PM
their answer "I'm buyin from you dogg"
GraGG

Apr 4, 2009, 7:55 PM
and i say you sure are, the phone is 199.99, not free ๐Ÿ˜‰
liquidfire

Apr 5, 2009, 11:32 AM
i hate them

had a guy come up with his family a few months ago. this was before the Touch Pro was available on Sprint.

Dude comes up. wants 3 lines. 2 BBs and the pro. i explain that the pro isnt out. ok. now he wants 2 lines. both BBs. So i tell him how they require data. Of course he doesnt believe me. I try to explain it to him like 6 times but he wont listen. So I "try" to activate the BB without data and show him the error I get.

So then he decides to go with 2 FREE rumors. Then he wants to haggle with me on the price of accessories. I was willing to give the usual 50% since he got new service, but that just wasnt good enough. He actaully said, "im buying 3 phones from you, you can give me those for free."

excuse me ๐Ÿคจ

(continues)
Midnight Toker

Apr 5, 2009, 1:50 PM
Just pop them one on that red dot in the middle of their forehead and that should shut them down.
Midnight Toker

Apr 5, 2009, 1:52 PM
Yes, I do discriminate against all non caucasians equally. I'll chase an Asian man out of my store just as I would a Hindi woman.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.