Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

How to deal...

kapwww

Mar 9, 2009, 5:16 PM
I have a coworker who is totally clueless. I mean...literally...clueless. Stares at trainings but never finishes and obviously doesn't retain. Have tried time and time again to help educate the individual. Many people have tried. The manager has simply given up. Nobody will fire this person and nobody knows why. They don't know anything about the phones or plans we sell. They constantly screw things up for customers. They leave the store a mess all the time. Anybody have any ideas on how to put up with the person if nobody will man up and get rid of 'em?
PhoneyName

Mar 9, 2009, 5:53 PM
Seeing as they never get fired and nobody knows why, I think the first thing to do is to find out which of your higher-ups they're related to, and make sure not to complain to that person about it!! 🤣
kapwww

Mar 9, 2009, 6:16 PM
Or messing around with....
tanya_ATT

Mar 10, 2009, 11:59 AM
or, do waht i "use" to do...

if i din't liek someone, i made them quit..

make their life hard...
do things that pi$$ them off..
make it so they dont want to wake up in the morning and deal with ur store..

i've dont it MANY" times.. always works...

not that i am a evil person or anything.. i just understand ur pain. 😈
jeffatt

Mar 10, 2009, 11:09 AM
Escalate it until somebody cares. SOMEBODY will eventually care.
Tmo Slave

Mar 10, 2009, 12:05 PM
They probably haven't been fired because they haven't really done anything wrong. Sure they are a waste of air but unless they screw up something really bad then they can't fire them. Its actually pretty hard to fire someone without them being able to sue you. If your company has a minex program hopefully they will not sell enough and get fired for under preforming. Other than that have your manager schedule them for really crappy shifts and hopefully they eventually quite.
Menno

Mar 11, 2009, 8:43 AM
This is especially true without stated sales goals, or something they can do to measure productivity.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.