Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

The day turned on a dime

kapwww

Mar 7, 2009, 8:29 PM
The morning went well. Got a few contracts. Several accessories.

A guy comes in asking to exchange a headset he didn't buy from my company. It was broken. I offered him a great deal on a replacement. The threw a fit and started screaming about customer service.

Next guy comes in claiming that corporate is going to give him 2 free storms and extra accessories free as well (not just the ones included with the phone). He want the car charger, case, and bluetooth for free. First off, even with a $100 NE2 credit, you won't get 2 free storms. Second...screw that on the accessories. I said I would do both phones for $100 out the door and I could do a small discount on accessories. He stormed out calling me names.

That was 2...
(continues)
disgruntledtech

Mar 7, 2009, 10:07 PM
At least you had down time today. For me it wouldn't stop the longest time we had between customers was 5 minutes. It was fine in the morning just a couple customers, did some homework in between and then all of a sudden had 4 people waiting for me and I'm all alone until 10:30. By the time the next person got in there were 8 people just to see a tech. Every time we clear people out another 4 or 5 show up. The customers weren't too bad, no escalations and only a few that just didn't understand anything I told them. On top of all that one of the closers had to go to the hospital complaining about sever pain (most likely a kidney stone) so there were only 3 of us on a day there should have been 5.
BLEDSOE

Mar 9, 2009, 8:58 AM
I love those days. At least time goes faster than a crawl. It SUCKS when you are sitting there with NOBODY coming in. Especially this weekend when it was in the 70s here.... 😛
kapwww

Mar 9, 2009, 4:00 PM
I greatly prefer being busy. Day does go by faster. Even if most of the people coming in are there for problems, you might be able to sell them phones, accessories, or features. If nobody comes in, I don't have a chance to try.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.