Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

Think You Can Sell....Oh I bet You Can, (Yea, You!)

Pure1rish

Feb 13, 2009, 9:05 AM
This is for all those sales people out there who think, claim or act like they are sooo great at their job that they can sell to anyone.

Let's Be Clear.

Just because you have high numbers of new activations, upgrades, features etc. Does NOT mean you are a good sales person.

Odds are, You are a Low-Budget, Used Car Sales-type who takes advantage of people to get the sale. You lie, cheat, and coherse your customers into whatever is best for you.

Most people who are high in sales, are in fact, NUMBER ONE IN RETURNS. Most of your sales are brought back and an actual sales person like myself has to deal with the customer when they come back and feel like they were taken advantage of.

It's actually really easy to see and figure o...
(continues)
CorRepJb

Feb 13, 2009, 9:36 AM
I drink in your tears of unfathomable sadness
Verizon SUX

Feb 13, 2009, 11:10 AM
Oh I can't forget, the 93 year old woman who was sold a Blackberry pearl, and has been in 4 times a week since it was sold to her by such a sales rep will also agree. Come on she can't even see the numbers let alone find the power button to turn it on/ off.... Yep thats a quality sale.Her son came in Sunday screaming her SSI check came and she cannot afford it disconnected it with her. Had we sold her a device she could see, understand how to use perhaps we could have saved her now she wants nothing to do with cellular ever.

Oh and the rep that sold this to her, yea a 1.97 churn rate. He also likes selling air cards to customers who don't even have a computer... pathetic.
Menno

Feb 13, 2009, 5:29 PM
Why would a customer buy that then?

In our company, if it gets around you do that, you're fired rather fast.
ikon

Feb 13, 2009, 6:10 PM
Verizon SUX said:
He also likes selling air cards to customers who don't even have a computer... pathetic.

Who would buy an aircard without having a computer? I don't believe you. If he lies to the point of 'well these gadgets give you oral' MAYBE, but I'm sure they still return it and he makes nothing. So sick of you whiney bastards.
20momof3

Feb 13, 2009, 3:39 PM
To all those who think they are greater than anyone else...get the eff over yourselves! Yes there are sleazy sales reps out there, but then there are the ones that think they're better than everyone else because they're "honest..." Come on, there is not one sales rep out there who hasn't told a customer a FIB or a LIE to make the sale! When I was in sales, I was good at what I did, but that also meant that when a 93 year old woman or man wanted to get a blackberry I couldn't talk them out of, that blackberry became the best phone i've never used! People buy for status, not for practicality. Get used to it.
ikon

Feb 13, 2009, 6:08 PM
93 year olds who buy black berries always return them, always. ALWAYS. Over 60 is the only crowd I steer away from pdas.
Menno

Feb 13, 2009, 6:13 PM
We sold a guy his first cellphone (a storm of all things) because we couldn't talk him out of it.

That was about a month ago. He loves the phone and for some reason he can understand it when "dumbphones" confused him.
kapwww

Feb 13, 2009, 9:24 PM
Unless they drop it on the counter when they come in to return it and crack the screen. Had that happen once. The guy pulled it out of his pocket, dropped in, cracked the screen. He picked it up, looked at it, and said "Well, guess I'm stuck with this, huh?". If I could have taken it back, I would have. Fortunately, he had insurance. Just had to spend several hours a week with him until he learned to use the thing.
missdirected

Feb 13, 2009, 6:14 PM
There is someone in my company who does the same thing.
But because his numbers are so high, we are constantly being compared to him.
I didn't know that building rapport, and gaining someones trust so they are return customers, making it more profitable in the long run, was undesirable, and I was supposed to lie through my teeth to get your grandfather into a HTC Pro...
ikon

Feb 13, 2009, 6:18 PM
I barely ever have a return and I had the highest sales for the district last year. I bet this information infuriates someone like yourself.
dualitycomplex

Feb 13, 2009, 10:28 PM
same thing here i always finish out 1-3 in my district and i have a near non existant exchange/return rate, and the returns i do get are almost always for coverage issues which i have no control over with the odd i want to get the black one instead of the red one thing.

I'm convinced I can sell anyone anything, there are always atleast 5 good things about every piece of equipment for every customer, just make sure you focus on them, inform the customer of the downsides as well and spend the time educating the customer on their equipment, also do no pre-judge, I've sold storms to 60+ year olds before and they love them, just because some one is old does not mean they need to be on the senior discount plan with the samsung knack.

QU...
(continues)
CBR600

Feb 14, 2009, 12:30 PM
i disagree with the idea of this post. if youre not #1 you want to be. see im a winner. youre just angry you cant get that #1 spot. I was #1 11 of the past 12 months. And rarely get a return. Very very low deact. rate. and im sure my fellow #1 pals are right there with me.....Cause we are awesome. period.
Decept.ICON

Feb 14, 2009, 1:06 PM
🙄 1st place is a temporary state of being..
lov2rac3

Feb 14, 2009, 3:39 PM
We are the elite for a reason! Even have awards to remind us everyday that instead of doing something good with our lives where selling blackberrys to 93 year old men/women. (Note I have never sold a cell phone to any person over 75) Also where huge tool bags that interrupt people while in conversation, seal other peoples sales and are more then likely going to die alone with. 😁

I am # 1 for a reason.
Decept.ICON

Feb 14, 2009, 12:44 PM
It is the consumers job to be educated on the products they want/require. If you walk into a store completely oblivious of what's going on and just throw money on the table...it is a sales-reps job to take advantage of the opportunity not the customer. I believe in quality sales. I've got one of the lowest return/charge back rates in my company. Along with my reps at my store.

Selling an 83 yr old woman a blackberry is a little extreme. However if her dumb ass scanned her credit card and walked out with the phone it's done. SORRY GRANDMA! I've sold cars...I've sold TV's... Real-Estate..I could go on. SALES ARE SALES. The definition of sales is the ability to persuade and the transference of enthusiam.

If your mom walks into my store w...
(continues)
Decept.ICON

Feb 14, 2009, 12:48 PM
enthusiasm*
devilsmafia

Feb 14, 2009, 1:51 PM
*claps and nods

Bravo Decept.Icon, bravo
Decept.ICON

Feb 14, 2009, 2:05 PM
Thank you... thank you... 😛
taoareyou

Feb 14, 2009, 2:12 PM
It sounds like to me the original poster is more of a chashier than a salesperson.

If you are just there to ring up what a customer wants, you are in the wrong business.

If you look at a customer and decide what they need before you hear from them what they want/need, then you're in the wrong business.

If competition between you and other salespeople stresses you out to the point where you have to rant about it on an Internet forum...you are DEFINITELY in the wrong business.

🤣
Decept.ICON

Feb 14, 2009, 2:40 PM
::whines::

"All my co-workers are making good money and I'm living pay check to pay check. I hate them!"
a Girl

Feb 14, 2009, 5:27 PM
for your job. 🙄
a Girl

Feb 14, 2009, 5:48 PM
refer to Decept.icon's post. 😉

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.