Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 29 replies

The Mobile Solutiuons--- Gone?!

Dnbstyle

Feb 4, 2009, 4:41 PM
So I was at our company monthly meeting today and the big boss man claims TMS aka The Mobile Solutions is out of business. Claims they owed T-Mobile money, and weren't paying the rent,and were doing a bunch of bad business. Is this true or is he blowing a bunch of hot air? Like ok maybe they closed one down, but all of them?

😕
-chels-

Feb 4, 2009, 4:55 PM
The ones in the mall by my house are still up and harassing.
Tmo Slave

Feb 4, 2009, 6:30 PM
The one by my store is still alive and annoying.
ChrisNess

Feb 4, 2009, 6:55 PM
They're Still around. I wouldn't be surprised if they closed up all their locations by the end of the year. They had to sell off over 94 locations in several different markets to help keep them afloat. Their December wasn't near what was projected and Jan wasn't anything to save the day from what I hear.
CellularFanattic1

Feb 4, 2009, 8:19 PM
The Mobile Solution shut down a good majority of their stores mainly in North and South Carolina cause they were horrible sales people who were very untrained and unprofessional. TMS was not paying rent(Dnbstyle- you are correct there) and they were cause Suncom to lose money so they shut down the worst stores. Here is what progressed after that!!

The Mobile Life was born after that which sells AT&T and get this, at the one they put in my mall in place of TMS, they hired back the same people that worked at TMS to work at Mobile Life!!

i was like WTF?!?!?! why would you hire back the same employees that flushed the company down the toilet to start with ya know.

hopefully all my info is healpful and correct!!
ChrisNess

Feb 5, 2009, 10:12 AM
No, They closed the NC and SC stores due to SunCom and Tmobile merger. They did indeed pay rent on each of these locations every month. They were paying hundreds of thousands of dollars each month in "Dark Rent" When they sold locations to Mobile Life they also sold some top exec's. To be honest the people that weren't born and bread TMS. They had helped moved the company toward being respectable and when they were sold to this other company it was just the return to old TMS.
moemoe26

Feb 5, 2009, 10:58 AM
..in september when going to the local malls in the past month i noticed only 4 still up...
ChrisNess

Feb 5, 2009, 11:08 AM
What market are you in?
moemoe26

Feb 5, 2009, 11:11 AM
washington dc
ChrisNess

Feb 5, 2009, 11:14 AM
In the BLT/DC i believe they had 23 or so stores a year or two back. And now are currently operating about half that. Not really certain on the exact number.
moemoe26

Feb 5, 2009, 11:28 AM
they had 2 in springfield mall now its only 1 when i was in fair oaks mall they had 2 but only 1 now...i know there is more but thats all i can think of right now...
ChrisNess

Feb 5, 2009, 11:33 AM
yeah Springfield is a dying mall, and Fair Oaks has had one for as long as I can remember. when did you see a second location there?
moemoe26

Feb 5, 2009, 11:36 AM
when i opend the vzw store so like 07 they had 2 i went back to that mall with my wife and saw a 3rd party t-mobile next to the coffe place but it wasn't tms this time.
moemoe26

Feb 5, 2009, 11:39 AM
they had one by cold stone and one on the 2sec floor down from the at&t store next to vzw.
ChrisNess

Feb 5, 2009, 11:42 AM
Last time had to be pre 3rd Quarter of 07
moemoe26

Feb 5, 2009, 11:45 AM
i advoid tht mall at all cost. i only go to tysons
Guy Montag

Feb 4, 2009, 9:40 PM
Not paying the rent? They have rent at thousands of locations. That wouldn't make too much sense. Hell, to even know that Westfeild or some other mall chain would have to file a rather large suit. It may just be your local location.
moemoe26

Feb 5, 2009, 10:57 AM
westfield? Guy are you in DC/MD/VA area?
T-Monster

Feb 5, 2009, 11:03 AM
I think i was at the same montly meeting you were at (aka, same company), and TMS did leave my mall rather quickly. I have heard a lot of reports that many stores in this area are being closed. I suspect they are changing their image to this "The Mobile Life" thing to try and get out of the t-mobile market and move into at&t. The t-mobile market is flooded with 3rd party authroized dealers.
moemoe26

Feb 5, 2009, 11:06 AM
Your right an wrong.....they cahgne they name as a Deal with AT&T to give a new image as a better company. the owners of tms burnt some bad bridgesso to get back with AT&T they had to change there name and take a hit when it comes to getting paid.

I sadly know a DM for TMS who this came from. sothey still have TMS stores and TML stores...
ChrisNess

Feb 5, 2009, 11:12 AM
Completely Different Group of Investors. Mobile Life coporate Offices are located in Michigan and TMS are San Diego. I assure you these are different companies. As i was previously a MD or "dm" for TMS as well.
moemoe26

Feb 5, 2009, 11:17 AM
....hey i was told this from someone who works at tms....i don't believe it 100% because he workds for tms....
SonsOfAnarchy

Feb 5, 2009, 1:48 PM
F#@* tms, the worst company i have ever worked for. Wouldn't supprise me if t-mobile cut them off for a horrible image that represents them as a company. I know leaving them was a good idea. They want their employees to be as shady as possible without going over their standards "being shady". I had a dm that claimed he made well over $400,000 a year and managers that claimed to make over 15k a month. I accidently saw a paystub from a manager and he was making $4k a month, big difference. They lie to their customers and employees. Plus working 6-7days a week 12hr shifts every day is not for me. I was the top sales rep at my location and asked for 1week off 3 months in advance and they said no way. That is not a company that i want to...
(continues)
ChrisNess

Feb 5, 2009, 3:08 PM
There are indeed managers that have made 10-15k in a month and Market Directors that bonus well over 15k alone. So while those numbers are a bit out of wack, they aren't as far fetched as they seem.

I guess I can't speak for all markets and how they teach their employees but in each and every market I was a part of and ran "being shady" was not looked upon highly. Fraud was not taught, if you were found to be doing so it was a no questions asked termination. TMS as a whole does have some downsides but it's more the idiots they hired and let run some of their markets. Some of the top executives aren't bad at all.

There are quite a few reps that can't hack it in a mall where you have to greet, it's a different atmosphere than a store whe...
(continues)
moemoe26

Feb 5, 2009, 3:27 PM
...ok so i was offered a job with TMS as a Dm ( i think they callit MARKET MANAGER) but they couldn't tell me the salary range. what is the salary range for that job or is it str8 comp and there not telling me?
ChrisNess

Feb 5, 2009, 3:42 PM
I'm not sure what it was back when you were offered but they make 60k salary now + bonus which is uncapped and can be anywhere from 0 to 20k. One thing I will say is they do pay better than any other wireless company.
moemoe26

Feb 5, 2009, 3:58 PM
i offered this back in oct. of 08 but they wanted me to say yes before they talked about salary
moemoe26

Feb 5, 2009, 4:07 PM
i have a bad feeling about TMS...but i was thinking aobut trying to get the spot again
ChrisNess

Feb 5, 2009, 4:29 PM
moe send me an email. I sent you a pm earlier not sure you got it.
datboicamron

Feb 10, 2009, 3:49 PM
Im in south florida and i know a lot of their locations have been closing down with the one in my mall closing at the 1st of this month. I heard some of the employees were doing credit card fraud in conjunction with the vonage kiosk.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.