Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Yes you do have an account password...

devilsmafia

Jan 29, 2009, 2:56 PM
I know this fact because when I try to access your account for you it is asking me for a password. If you didnt have a password on your account it would not ask me to enter one. I don't care how many times you tell me that you never set up a password. I don't care how many times you tell me there is no one else on your account as an authorized user. I know you have a password. Maybe you should write these things down so you stop getting pissed at me because you can't remember your own password that you, yes you, set up. 👿
jwonchalk

Jan 29, 2009, 2:57 PM
Sounds like you deal with some great custys on a daily basis
golem22

Feb 22, 2009, 12:16 PM
I once had a custy who had set up a password but refused to give it to me but still wanted to access his account after about ten minutes of me stonewalling him he got vary aggressive. I told him that without a password he would not get access to his account......... Suddenly he told me the password and then told me he was just testing to see how secure his account was.... I think he had a few loose screws since after that he went off about all this government conspiracy stuff.
ajlineman

Jan 29, 2009, 3:04 PM
A national retailer who isn't "experienced" in new activations gets their hands on an account.
I had one where it asked him if he wanted a password, he knew they had to verify with the last 4 of the SSN, so he typed it in there.
Customer called me, I asked for the password, he said he never set one up...
I knew it was the last four of his social but I couldn't technically tell him that, we aren't supposed to "Hint".
Aggrivating.
iamrobot

Feb 17, 2009, 11:54 AM
i had 1 cust who got pissed and yelled at me coz im asking for her PIN w/c she said she had NEVER set-up..

so i said, im gonna send your security info via the method indicated here [thru SMS in her case]

5 mins later she receives the text, checks it out then goes, oh~ this is my daughter's bday..maybe i had set it up..

🙄
PhoneyName

Feb 17, 2009, 4:24 PM
On that note, how do you guys deal with it when you know the password is probably the default last 4 of SS#? I don't like telling or hinting at what the password should be, because if the person's not authorized I just gave them access. So when the customer spends five minutes trying to figure out what the password should be, and you KNOW it must be the last 4, do you help them out? And if they ask you if there's a default password, what do you tell them?
Pious Goddess

Feb 17, 2009, 5:08 PM
I never hint crap to the account owner or anyone. And people who do should be helped out the door because customers love to call in saying how so and so helped them. I agree Devil it is annoying. I remember one time the husband put a password on the account and removed his detailed billing for his line, and the wife called in wanting to know the balance on the acct and make some changes. I asked for the password and she tells me off. I simply tell I can call her husband and I offered to call him to get him to verify and she declined me calling me a mean b.... I simply told her of the other great self service options she can use. And she told me how she should not have to use them when she can call us.
TMoGuy

Feb 20, 2009, 10:28 AM
Yes, that is annoying, and I hate it. However, with all do respect, there are a few and I stress a few instances where the customer indeed never set up an account password. Whoever the rep was just put a generic 1111 or 1234, which, how do we know that the customer never set that up? You're right though, when it's something like 2739, you konw that they themselves set it up and they are just stupid.
wizardofCroz

Feb 20, 2009, 4:43 PM
I was trying to add a line to my customer's account. This customer was the agent of a professional baseball player, i don't know if that has anything to do with it. However, I asked for the last 4 of his social, he gave it to me, and the system didn't recognize it. Happens sometimes, so i verified his ID, and entered in his zip code. We processed the activation and proceded with the IVR (automated acceptance of terms and conditions), usually if our system doesn't recognize the last 4, THIS one will.
He entered it, said it was not valid. He showed me his social security card. I entered the info, still said not valid.

We called Cust. Service and the Social they had on hand was 000-00-0000.... 😳 WTF!!??
liquidfire

Feb 21, 2009, 10:08 AM
makes sense to me.
at my sprint dealer we can setup accounts without a social. its a $150 deposit per line doing that way, but it wont affect their credit. chances are something like that happened here because of who he was maybe
BLEDSOE

Feb 21, 2009, 10:48 AM
when i worked for att we would find accounts like that and they had been set up prior to using keeping the social on record for the account. We normally had to call in and update the account and then the ivr would work.
WorldSoCold

Feb 25, 2009, 3:13 PM
ive had a few customers who added an authorized user, but the rep never asked for them to think up a password..never even mentioned a password to them, the rep just made it the last four of the account owners social and said they were added. and its usually been sales reps at corporate stores.
IrishCarBomb

Feb 25, 2009, 3:20 PM
I am a corp store, so luckily I don't have to have a password as long as they have photo ID, and can confirm all the other information too.

But it does annoy me to no end when I have people coming in because they don't know their password. Our system never reqiures you to enter a password, so the only way there is a request for one is if you ask to set one up. I always offer to add a password, and reqiure one if you are adding an authorized user(not company policy, but it makes life way smoother).

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.