Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

this is funny

lxav06

Jan 8, 2009, 2:53 AM
I work for vz plus
2 guys come in, one is mad that he has no fios internet and wants help to get it restored.
my associate happens to help him out.
guys i all mad and when my asociate says that he has to call in to get it fixed, he started getting louder. during the ensuing temper tantrum he claims (no ***en lie) "i can't play world of warcraft"
i wanted to laugh my butt off.
but here is waht makes it funnier he is cut off because it was his fault that he caled to cancled to put service in his roommates name, but the "new" service won't be on till jan 26th
and the main reason he is cut of is also for non payment of his bill.
now his roommate is calm during all this and seems to understand how procedure is for this stuff but the mai...
(continues)
Nadesico81

Jan 8, 2009, 3:23 AM
Sweet Jebus what a disaster! Oh no big frcken deal the whole world is going to end since one guy cant play WOW.

I bet he lived in his parents basement till he was 30

Dude should be happy he has Fios its fricken fast! Dam VZ pulled out of NH and took their Fios network with them.

Dam bastards!

At lest all if not most of the UK is wired with ADSL or Fiber so internet speed are better. Got to hand it to Vodafone and British Telcom for good internet.

*BTW I live in the UK.*
xIsamuTM

Jan 8, 2009, 9:26 AM
isn't vodafone the same thing as verizon across the pond?
Nadesico81

Jan 12, 2009, 5:49 AM
xIsamuTM said:
isn't vodafone the same thing as verizon across the pond?

Yes & No

Vodafone is GSM and we all know VZW is CDMA. Vodafone holds a 48% stake in VZW. They are the money bags that fules VZW. One could say when VZW goes to LTE they may change there name to Vodafone.

However Vodafone has hinted at selling there stake in VZW. However this is unlikely since VZW is very profitable and Vodafone shares in that profit.

When I come the the USA I roam on ATT which sucks ass.
Menno

Jan 8, 2009, 9:29 AM
I had a guy come into my store to get wireless internet to play WoW.

I mean, I play it too, but this guy was absolutely crazy about it. Apparently he moved and couldn't get cable/dsl at his house so he was using 2 Dial-up modems to connect and play. Was in my store for an hour talking about that and some techno-babble that I think was supposed to impress me because he was confused when I talked about wireless. He returned it two days later because it "wasn't as fast as his cable and he was going to wait for fios."

Oh, and you're lucky you have fios... I get more requests about that than I do wireless internet (and I work up in the mountains so we're not getting it anytime soon.
Nehemiah7

Jan 12, 2009, 2:43 PM
I wish we had fios here damn time warner cable!
My gf works at the fios callcenter here in tx

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.