Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

which one?

usccsucks

Jan 6, 2009, 6:55 PM
i hate it when a customer comes in with questions about crap and when i ask for the number they prattle off a home phone number and then say "oh you want the cell phone number?" when i look at them like they need a hole in the head. for real? you are in a CELL PHONE STORE!

am i the only one that feels this way?

isnt that kind of common sense?
๐Ÿคจ
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 6, 2009, 8:43 PM
YES thank you omgosh i noticed the same thing.

or the customers who don't know the last four of their own social....

or who look at me blankly when i tell them i cannot allow them access without the accountholder's social and the account PASSWORD...... (if you can't get into your free yahoo EMAIL without your password, why would you be able to get into a utility account?!??!)......

or who get angry at me when i say there will be a $165.00 termination fee when they are the ones who signed up for a two year contract.....

yes, i fear that intelligence is slowly being sucked out of society and replaced with self-righteous, know-it-all, angry types.

boy are we screwed. ๐Ÿ‘€
iPhone3guser

Jan 6, 2009, 9:27 PM
i hate all customers even the non retarded ones. Cause atg some point in time, they'll be just as stupid as the last idiot that asks me - hi, I want an iphone but I dont want the data plan, andc I ony wanna spend like 50 a month. I tell them here is the free pile of ****, and the apple store is in the mall, go buy the touch. Have a pleasent day.
64kwireless

Jan 6, 2009, 8:49 PM
just always say "whats your mobile number?" works everytime.
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 6, 2009, 9:12 PM
64kwireless said:
just always say "whats your mobile number?" works everytime.

not necessarily... i always say, "what's your ten-digit cell phone number?"

and they either give me SEVEN digits or a number that i recognize as a landline.

smarrtt......
NaturalNstincT

Jan 7, 2009, 9:16 PM
or they give you their 7 digit # and when u ask for their area code they give a zip ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜•
Fear The Cubans

Jan 8, 2009, 2:21 PM
My system requires the billing zip code whenever they use a credit/debit card. I get all sorts of answers (pin codes, last 4 of ssn, address, area code, etc) that aren't zip codes because they aren't expecting that question.
Decept.ICON

Jan 10, 2009, 9:29 AM
S/n FEAR THE CUBANS... I concur, they SHOULD! lol VIVE LOS CUBANOS!
kapwww

Jan 9, 2009, 10:58 PM
Not always. I get the idiots that say stuff like "How should I know? I don't call myself." to which I would like to reply "Then how the hell does anyone else call you if you can't give them your number you friggin moron!" but I refrain because while I'm not a fan of my job, I don't have another one line up, so I have to still play it safe to be able to keep paying the bills.

I guess I could be like half of our customers and just quit paying, find a spineless rep to issue credits for everything, and try to get free cell service for a year.
Santi

Jan 7, 2009, 11:31 AM
when you ask for their number and they say "I don't know, I don't call myself." I want to b!tchslap them and say, "Well, how do people GET your phone number? You give it to them." UGH. Now I'm in a sour mood. Thanks.
dualitycomplex

Jan 7, 2009, 10:15 PM
"true enough i never call myself either, say whats your address?" wait for them to rattle that off smile and ask them how often they send themselves mail.
Pretty Keeley

Jan 8, 2009, 2:12 PM
Haha seems kinda b!tchy...if I were a guy, I would totally say that!
srose.mhc.vzw2

Jan 8, 2009, 3:41 PM
haha ive already said that to a customer, he was a younger guy ...real ****y from the start. ...and his reaction to me saying that to him reminded me of a puppy who hears a funny noise they've never heard before... with the head ****ed to the side and a "hhuuuhh?" come out of their mouth. hahahaha...dumba$$!!!!
KingTiger

Jan 14, 2009, 11:06 AM
srose.mhc.vzw2 said:
his reaction to me saying that to him reminded me of a puppy who hears a funny noise they've never heard before

ah hahahahaha!!
jeffatt

Jan 8, 2009, 1:17 PM
I'm sure other AT&T indirect agents can sympathize here....you ask for the zip code and they gave you the area code.

Me: What's your wireless number?
Custy: XXX-XXXX
M: And the Zip code?
C: XXX (area code)
M: No sir, the zip code.
C: XXX!
M: Sir, I need the zip code, not the area code.
C: XXX!!!!

Or you ask for the zip code and they start rattling off their entire address. Worst one I get when asking for it, they'll just say "here" and there's like 4 different zip codes that could be.
Menno

Jan 8, 2009, 2:39 PM
We get:

Me: Can I have your cellphone number?
C: Why do you need that?
Me: ... So I can look up your account
C: You can't do it by my name?
Me: No
C: *Glares* It's xxx-xxx-xxxx
Me: Thank you, and the last four of your social?
Me: Because we use your phone number and your social to verify who you are so I can access your account.
C: I never had to give that before.
Me: ... Sir, whenever you call customer service or go into a store they ask for this information.
C: No they don't. I'm leaving here. you have no right to that information
Me: ... have a nice day?
C: I won't be coming back HERE again!
xIsamuTM

Jan 9, 2009, 11:55 PM
Me: Thank you, and the last four of your social?
Me: Because really that's all that's needed to steal your identity. those other five digits are just fluff.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.