Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

We do replacments

myxisavag

Jan 5, 2009, 8:21 PM
for a major carrier - and OMG if the reps aren't the most stoooopid, no wonder the the customers are ignorant. It is ridiculous how a rep will try to get us to do something they know we can't do, just to get the customer off their line, the customers will LIE, LIE, LIE to get a replacement, then complain if it's a refurb--THAT THEY SHOULDN'T QUAALIFY TO GET IN THE 1ST PLACE!........why? why do I do this for a living?
Menno

Jan 6, 2009, 10:07 AM
I just had a lady scream at me about how since "Verizon is Verizon" I should replace the phone she got in florida for free (cause she has insurance) even though I am a retailer and so I am not authorized or able to do warranty or insurance claims.

She then threatened to cancel service if I didn't. I looked up her account, she had a 150 early term and she didn't even get the phone in our state.

I didn't send her to you though, so be happy. Now if she calls up and complains about having to drive 40 miles to the nearest tech center, they might transfer her to you.
myxisavag

Jan 6, 2009, 2:14 PM
ya know I think I just spoke to her... maybe it was her sister-wanted me to replace her sanyo 8400 with a htc touch pro..Lmao...right like that will happen in this lifetime..
Menno

Jan 6, 2009, 2:19 PM
It was actually an LG, she just wanted something similar. But i've had customers like that too.

Like the person who wanted a free storm when they just got a new phone two months ago and they insisted that they really didn't "Need" the data package because they didn't even text...
Lateralus55

Jan 6, 2009, 7:58 PM
I do warranty claims. We file the claims and send the phone to the manufacturer to get fixed or replaced.
The customer told me "I want a new phone if they replace it. I will not take a refurbished phone". I said ok. She said "do you understand?" I said sure.
I did not tell her that the manufacturers can replace the phones with refurbished ones. I did not want to burst her bubble since she was so confident she was not going to get a refurbished replacement. I hate it when people tell me what is going to happen, when I know what the manufacturer's policy is.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.