Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 29 replies

All Customers Lie

dualitycomplex

Dec 26, 2008, 10:27 PM
This should be a fun one, I was having the long drawn out argument with one of my co-workers in another store that all customers lie to get better deals or to make themselves appear as the victim to get what it is they want for free discounted or whatever, ( you know the greedy little bastages are just looking for a hand out)

So what have been some of your best customer lies that you have caught them in bold faced red handed and stuttering stupid after you called them on it. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

One of my favorites involves 2 "local business owners" who felt entitled to everything for free because they are business owners. Its a long story so i'll try and shorten it up, if it doesnt make sense I'll do a more complete version. Goes something like ...
(continues)
EdgarN

Dec 26, 2008, 11:21 PM
C= customer
m= Me....

C= yes im not abble to make any calls on my phoe.

m= ok maam, go ahead and turn ur phone off and take the battery out.

(after 2 seconds)

c=ok! ready

(that fast)

m= ok turn it on and make a call

(after 5 seconds)

c= still not working

(hmmmmmm..!)

m= maam take the battery out and i need u to read me the IMEI number bthat is on the back of the phone..

(after 20 seconds)

c= excise me..??

m=yes maam

c= how do u take the battery out??

๐Ÿ™„
smiliey

Dec 27, 2008, 6:32 PM
they think they know it all, "oh taking the battery out doesnt fix it" well lady, you are rudely mistaken.
EdgarN

Dec 27, 2008, 7:31 PM
yeah they really are :S
srose.mhc.vzw2

Dec 30, 2008, 6:27 PM
haha... i got one that's alittle better.
yesterday a co-worker of mine had a customer with a new activation. ...the activation was to a couple, maybe in their mid 40's... had a house phone, but wanted to get rid of it and get a cell phone. ..okay, understandable... alot of people these days dont have house phones anymore, because why pay so much a month for long distance, etc...when its already included in your wireless service?

anyway, back to my story...

my co-worker activates everything on the computer and gets to the part where we ask them if they want any kind of insurance for the phone. ...our company offers an insurance that they can purchase instead of verizon's insurance. ...so she asks the customer and his wife if they wante...
(continues)
Jrockemsockem

Dec 31, 2008, 6:28 PM
eh, not so funny. i guess you had to be there.
usccsucks

Dec 27, 2008, 9:07 AM
I had a customer come in and want me to look over his bill from ATT and see if we could get him something comparable to it. He was an older fellow so I spent two weeks or more talking back and forth with him showing him what features would work for him. The day he signed the contract I made sure he knew he was on a plan with roaming charges and tried to convince him to spend a few more bucks and go national but he was unwilling, "I never go anywhere". I remember this day so clearly because I spent 2 whole hours with him talking to him and watched my co-workers do countless other contracts while I was tied up with Sir Dumbass. Fast forward to 3 weeks after that and he's wanting to cancel within the 30 days, fine whatever, we call into custom...
(continues)
jeffatt

Dec 27, 2008, 10:09 AM
One that I get a lot is customers saying "I saw such-and-such phone online for free/9.99/a lot less than what you guys have it."

And then they act surprised when it's a refurb. (The ppl that buy refurbs sure don't like it when I have to tell them that their phone is out of warranty after only 3 months!)
llama

Dec 27, 2008, 10:19 AM
"Hey, if it was such a great deal, you should take advantage of it...buh-bye..."
jeffatt

Dec 27, 2008, 1:00 PM
Yeah...something like that usually will work.

If you get a jerk and they say like "so-and-so across town" is selling it for less. I'll tell them to get something from there stating that as the price and see if I can match it. This is especially fun if I know we can't, as it makes the customer run back and forth for nothing.
ccareatatt

Dec 27, 2008, 1:05 PM
Or pretend to call and say.. "He is selling it for more then me?!" and watch the customers face... ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
IrishCarBomb

Dec 27, 2008, 2:12 PM
Price hunters are the best! I love them, since they give me so much entertainment! All my prices are set by corp, and even indirects have to offer the same pricing I do. So whenever someone comes in and says this was free at this store, I just laugh inside.

My favorite, though, is the PIA customers buying their talk time trying to tell me that the cards went up in price and that this other place sells them for this amount and so forth. Our prices haven't changed in 5 years for PIA, and corp stores are the cheapest on them period, since the indirects have to pay us extra for the card, thus charge extra, usually they round up to the next dollar.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 27, 2008, 10:32 AM
One of my best crazies has given me some of my best material. I think she, and several other of my crazies (ie Cucumber Lady) came over to the states together from somewhere in Africa.

My first encounter with her was way back in June of this year as my state was flooding. My place was under 5ft of water itself, so I wasn't putting up with much "I'm a flood victim, give me free bs" She had just gotten into town from a city about 25 miles south on a different river that hadn't started flooding yet because of their dam(they did end up having record flooding as well) Shorten this up, she lived in this city her entire time in the states, and there is a great story to her coming in an hour after I closed demanding a SIM card...

But she g...
(continues)
IrishCarBomb

Dec 27, 2008, 10:36 AM
This is the link to the original accounting:

https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
SS EarlGoodman

Dec 27, 2008, 11:05 AM
M= Me
C= Cust
D= Daughter

C= Hi my phone doesnt work I need a new one for free.

M= Okay ma`am may I take a look?(removes battery from phone, LDI red)

M= It shows here that your phone has been damaged by water (shows cust LDI)

C= What! Thats impossible, my phone has never been around water! You are a liar!

D= Nu-uh mommy remember when you dropped your phone in a puddle this morning and started yelling..

M= ๐Ÿ˜ณ
jeffatt

Dec 27, 2008, 12:56 PM
haha!

Daughter -1
Custy - 0
ccareatatt

Dec 27, 2008, 12:59 PM
You should have said.. "Who's the liar now?!" Did she even apologize or put her fat nose up and continue her beligerent BS?
SS EarlGoodman

Dec 27, 2008, 1:44 PM
Ya she definilty kept denying for a good twenty minutes, screamin at the top of her lungs at her daughter to shut up. But at the end of the day she got nothin from me and stormed out red with rage and her daughter skipping behind her lol.
ccareatatt

Dec 27, 2008, 2:41 PM
LMAO!!!! That is priceless. Gotta love kids telling the truth while their parent lies. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
xIsamuTM

Dec 29, 2008, 2:42 PM
I have an arrangement with my son. I lie, he covers for me. we go out to McDonnalds for dinner.

No, it is not contributing to the deliquency of a minor, it's teaching him business skills for the future.
Pious Goddess

Dec 27, 2008, 3:34 PM
I guess she forgot to tell her daughter not to mention this or that, that lying is a good thing.
ccareatatt

Dec 27, 2008, 1:09 PM
My favorite would have to be

c=customer

c: Whys my BEAL so HIGHHH!?
me: Well I see you have 785.65 in Internet charges
c: I *NEVER* get on the Internet.. this is FRAUD
Me: Well ma'am unfortunately the usage coincides with calls made during that time. Could you please on your phone select *#06# and give me the IMEI?
c: Gives IMEI
Me: Unfortunately ma'am the IMEI coincides with the device that was used to access the Internet
c: MmmmHMMMM
Me: These charges are valid but if you want an unlimited internet package your phone is eligible for the 15.00 plan I would be happy to see about a re-rate for you if you add and backdate today.
C: Well I do likes to check my weather
Me: I thought you said you didn't get on the Internet?
(continues)
Big Poppa

Dec 27, 2008, 2:00 PM
My story was this:

I used to work for Sprint Customer Care.

The day after 9-11, I had a gentleman call claiming his payment never went through.
He claimed he made this payment real early on the morning of 9-11, before the attack occured.

This man claimed that the Sprint store was in one of the surrounding buildings that collapsed with the towers. His account was riddled with notes from were he had been calling endlessly. He did not have his reciept for his payment to fax to us. He said he threw it away. But i know there was no Sprint store in any of those buildings. I also checked his calls he placed on 9-11. all his calls were made in Michigan. LoL! I asked the customer just how he was able to get from new york to michigan so quic...
(continues)
ccareatatt

Dec 27, 2008, 2:44 PM
That is priceless, sad, and twisted that someone would use 9-11 to get out of a bill. Good catch though. I wonder if he repeat called and got a dumb rep that believed him?
Pious Goddess

Dec 27, 2008, 3:37 PM
There are too many dumb reps, I love AT&T policy on rep shoppers.
Big Poppa

Dec 31, 2008, 6:23 PM
Better not have.. I had sent the account to the fraud dept. just in case ๐Ÿ™‚ lol

Plus the account was riddled with high priority notes.
SimOrMsn

Dec 29, 2008, 10:52 PM
I had a customer one time that had lots of international roaming charges in the Caribbean. He swore up and down that he had never left the country and his phone has never been used anywhere but his home town. I checked the SID and sure enough he was using a tower in Jamaica. I offered to give him half back, which he was not happy about. I offered to place him on hold to talk to a sup to try and get a bigger adjustment. I placed the customer on mute to write down his account number and such and herd him talking to his wife if she got the pictures developed from there Caribbean Cruse they just got back from.
I kept him on mute for another minuet or two then came back to the line and told him I couldnรƒยขรขโ€šยฌโ„ขt adjust anything on the account b...
(continues)
BiGGGENE

Dec 27, 2008, 6:54 PM
I have a rep that I was monitoring her call one day. This lady is just crying and crying saying that her mom is dying from cancer and she went over her minutes letting her mom use her phone to call family and friends while she was sick in the hospital.
The cust was very convincing. When I listen to calls i dont interfere with the call unless incorrect info is being given out. Well by the end of the call the cust has my rep almost balling. My rep offers to credit the $150 in overge and give a $50 goodwill credit to the cust. Of course cust accepts and my rep ends the call and i see she had taken her headeset off (going to break i think). the cust is still on the line and I hear her start laughing at her friend saying i told you i could g...
(continues)
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 27, 2008, 8:54 PM
BiGGGENE said:
I have a rep that I was monitoring her call one day. This lady is just crying and crying saying that her mom is dying from cancer and she went over her minutes letting her mom use her phone to call family and friends while she was sick in the hospital.
The cust was very convincing. When I listen to calls i dont interfere with the call unless incorrect info is being given out. Well by the end of the call the cust has my rep almost balling. My rep offers to credit the $150 in overge and give a $50 goodwill credit to the cust. Of course cust accepts and my rep ends the call and i see she had taken her headeset off (going to break i think). the cust is still on the line and I hear her start laughing at her
(continues)
golem22

Dec 31, 2008, 4:30 PM
nice, that is way to awsome!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.