Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Speaking of crazy people...

taoareyou

Dec 20, 2008, 2:34 PM
A man comes in with a broken Cingular branded phone. His contract is up in April. I told him I could get him into a new phone today, all he would have to do is renew his contract.

He said, "No, I'm cancelling when my contract is up in April."

I let him know the only options I can offer him were to buy a phone at retail price, or sign a new two year contract for the reduced price.

"Then I don't have to pay my bill, right?"

"I don't understand, sir."

"My phone quit working, so I will quit paying."

I went into imaginary conversation mode...

"Absolutely, whenever anyone wants out of their contract they just have to break their phone. It instantly absolves them of any prior commitments."

Luckily no words escaped my mout...
(continues)
Nehemiah7

Dec 20, 2008, 2:43 PM
Or when theres a global outage for like delayed SMS and want the whole month waive because of that, just when the bill cycle closes and they've used 5000.
ccareatatt

Dec 20, 2008, 11:33 PM
People are nutcases. I get those every day. "If you wont send me a free phone I WONT PAY MY BEEEAAAALLLL" I always say.. that is fine ma'am and after your account is cancelled and an ETF is placed on the account you will also be assesed an 18% collection fee. Have a great day!
xIsamuTM

Dec 29, 2008, 3:04 PM
Do you tilt your head to the side like JD does when you go into ICM?
liquidfire

Dec 29, 2008, 3:06 PM
lol
CBR600

Dec 29, 2008, 4:01 PM
ok scrubs quotes in shop talk just makes me happy
usccsucks

Dec 29, 2008, 4:04 PM
ill second that! i heart jd

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.