Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Where did you get your phone?

TrappedAtWork

Dec 9, 2008, 1:39 PM
I know this has been said time and time again, but this one had a new twist.

C - Customer
M - Me

M: Hello, how are you?

C: Good. We got our new phones last night and I have the paperwork for my discount. Can you process this here for me or do i have to go to corp? (pulls out contract, email print-off, rebate forms)

M: I can do it here do you have the form? Where did you get your phones?

C: Costco (hands me e-mail print)

M: This isn't actually the form you need, let me grab one for you, Do you have a paystub? (goes around corner to get form)

C: can you transfer my phonebook to my new phone?

M: They didn't do much for you out there did they?

C: They didn't have the machine to transfer anything. i was in here a coupl...
(continues)
srose.mhc.vzw

Dec 9, 2008, 2:10 PM
hahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaah!!!! sounds like you've got one great sales person there buddy! hahaha 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 .... i'd fire him just for being that stupid.
T-Monster

Dec 9, 2008, 2:15 PM
You should hang him by his scrotal sack and use him to take out your aggression after a customer pisses you off. 😈
TrappedAtWork

Dec 9, 2008, 2:16 PM
Lucky him, he has already been dismissed from his position here. I was dumbfounded!

He was in really bad need of money too, on commission, and talked a customer out of the store!! 🤨
srose.mhc.vzw

Dec 9, 2008, 2:26 PM
ahhhh, the mentality of most people these days... haha. ...
Menno

Dec 9, 2008, 2:30 PM
The only time I'll tell a customer to go to another store is if I know that they'll not be worth the trouble it will cause that we'll make on the phone.

As in, people who want everything for free, no extras, no data, no nothing.. and they want a smartphone for free (and they hate the pearl, which is free after rebate.)

If I discounted a curve or a storm to free after rebate, not only would I be losing money on the sale, but I would have a very angry regional manager.
dualitycomplex

Dec 10, 2008, 6:17 PM
you want a fun one to bash on cost co with?

I had a customer come into my store bought their phones at cost co from a complete R-Tard they come to my store i go through the whole where did you get your phone from bit they wanted a phone book transfer, i tell her the cost will be 15dollars since she didnt get the phone here, well I can do it for free if you say buy a car charger from me and its got a life time garentee, she agrees and sees my dare on the counter, we start talking about it, and now she wants one, well I cant exchange her phone for her she got it at cost co, I explain this to her and suggest she go back return everything and i'll set her up with a dare, even sweeten the pot with some accessory discounts and a lil off the pho...
(continues)
sckoisks17

Dec 12, 2008, 9:53 PM
To be fair, for every sale COR stores lose to Costco and Sam's Club kiosks because of the price difference, the kiosks lose two because of the white lies that are told about them.

Just a few examples:
-"they have no idea what they're talking about, they're just there to sell the phones"
-"they'll add a bunch of extra features to your bill behind your back"
-"you'll have a hard time returning your phones if you need to, they'll use every trick in book to get you to keep your phones past the exchange date"

I lost a sale from my own grandparents because of that last one.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.