Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 38 replies

Call Center Customer Service Reps complain too much.

kickmeoffphonescoop

Nov 15, 2008, 4:52 PM
Your job is so easy. Why the hell do you complain so much? I have to stand in a mall and deal with all the a**holes you piss off.

Your job is so easy, people with down-syndrome can do it - and sometimes, I think you DO have down-syndrome.

In fact, I bet you couldn't do my job if you tried, judging by your complete lack of intelligence and intellect.
anarchy

Nov 15, 2008, 5:01 PM
this is full of win
kickmeoffphonescoop

Nov 15, 2008, 5:33 PM
Oh yeah. I know. Call Center people can BITE IT!
anarchy

Nov 15, 2008, 5:35 PM
how about when they tell a customer they can upgrade (not elig or paid) and they send them to a store.

..if you wanna make exceptions d-fill them the effin phone!
kickmeoffphonescoop

Nov 15, 2008, 5:39 PM
Or how about this, when call center reps tell people they can fix problems that aren't fixable.

"Your phone got wet? Go to a store, they can fix ANYTHING!"
anarchy

Nov 15, 2008, 5:42 PM
Sometimes I wonder if they are trying to f*ck up or if they are just retarded..

..I had a customer come in today that wanted to upgrade with a pastdue (cant) then transfer the new phone to someone else account without them in the store (cant)

The kicker is, customer service remarked he could...what the hell was the rep thinking??
kickmeoffphonescoop

Nov 15, 2008, 5:50 PM
Did the CS rep also note that that they burned themselves on their pipe?

Sometimes meth pipes can get hot after the torch has been on them for a minute.

I know for a fact that some reps work high. I know that I do.
jreed3686

Nov 18, 2008, 1:56 PM
How about when ATT Store reps know they cant upgrade or replace a phone if its broke so they send them to us, or knwo they cant remove the upgrade fee so advise them to call us just to get yelled at because a store rep said they could.....haha.....store reps are failures, theres a reason why im not able to work in the store. i have been told by 5 different store managers and 1 district manager during my interview i show to much selling quality and knowledge of a product to be a store rep i would best suit as a manager and they higher only within or with store experiance.
wizardofCroz

Nov 18, 2008, 2:47 PM
jreed3686 said:
store reps are failures.

not so much. I can't count how many times people have come in saying CS told them a retailer could do a warranty exchange in store. Then my sales are tied up bc the customer wants ME to call warranty and file the claim for them.
kickmeoffphonescoop

Nov 18, 2008, 5:04 PM
Yeah... customer service. Just wasting time and being lazy.
ccareatatt

Nov 19, 2008, 1:08 AM
With ATT it goes back to Point of Sale within 30 days of purchase after 30 days.. straight to warranty.
jreed3686

Nov 19, 2008, 10:14 AM
Yezzir thats exactly right. After 30 days we have a little extention to dial, its called Warranty Exchange By Mail, ofcourse XBM for short. Therefore how could anyone be that lazy? lol...unless other companies have poor service (alltel) but they have poor service in the store and on the phones and use the excuse, we can only tell what we are told. Well then it falls back to the company, why spend money on a company who is obviously ran by idiots then? lol but no, atleast ME as a call center agent, do my job and hear "You should work in the store and show them how to do there jobs" ๐Ÿ˜
OfAMightDivine

Nov 15, 2008, 6:02 PM
Please. It goes both ways. I would estimate that 1/5 of our call volume is store related issues.

It's nice that you think you could do the job. Maybe you should some day so you can see how it is.

I have a rep on my team that worked in a COR store for 4 years.

She now hates store reps.
ajlineman

Nov 15, 2008, 8:20 PM
No joke!
Man I'm hearin you!

I think all store reps should have to take back to back calls for a week before they can start working there... just so they know what we go through on an HOURLY basis...

I'm not going to sit here and say your job is easy, I know it isn't... but DON'T degrade our work unless you've been there and done it.
dalily21

Nov 16, 2008, 12:55 PM
EXACTLY. I have a lot of customers calling in and saying "The store told me to call customer service." I hear a lot for credit for ringtones/games when they get an UPGRADE on a phone, then we tell them we can't.

I was told at the store that there would be not activation fees.

Or when a store rep calls in and tells my reps about some problems they are having with their system. Fix it yourself, other then checking the account for normal issues with making changes (future dated orders, etc). We do not use your system therefore cannot troubleshoot it.
OfAMightDivine

Nov 16, 2008, 1:09 PM
I would say those are the 3 biggest calls we all get from stores.

It really grinds my gears when a store rep calls in for assistance with NetAce of eRoes, and then gets grouchy that we can't do anything about it.

They seem to not understand that we don't use them.

Or even better is when the store rep made a mistake, but wants Care to clean it up so they don't have to tell their manager. My reps all know to give me any agent's ID that does that foolishness, and I find their store location and e-mail what they did and wanted us to do to their manager, my manager and my area manager.
dalily21

Nov 16, 2008, 1:27 PM
But i guess we all need to look at it this way. If neither of us made mistakes we would all be out of jobs
ccareatatt

Nov 16, 2008, 7:47 PM
Exactly... I do file feedback on rude agents because I tell them to credit the amount themselves... and I know that our agents can because we see their ID and what system they are using in the notes. "Can you credit this 145.67 worth of Internet overage? I forgot to add the unlimited media net when they came to the store..." I reply you have that capability there.... go ahead and do that and I will remain on the line... We are watched on our credits too...But they all know they can hang up and call back and another rep does it.. just depends on how you treat me if I do it....
kickmeoffphonescoop

Nov 18, 2008, 5:06 PM
I'd treat you like a used toy. Use you up and quit loving you.
ac4321

Nov 16, 2008, 8:49 PM
dalily21 said:

Or when a store rep calls in and tells my reps about some problems they are having with their system. Fix it yourself, other then checking the account for normal issues with making changes (future dated orders, etc). We do not use your system therefore cannot troubleshoot it.

Newsflash, a store rep can't fix a system. That's IT's job. If we get system errors (not user errors but the system is crashed or bugged), we can't do anything about that.

If we had your systems as a backup we wouldn't have to call, but it is what it is.

Of all the things to b**ch about, you pick one that is nobody's fault except for shoddy IT.
dalily21

Nov 16, 2008, 10:58 PM
All I'm saying is don't call CUSTOMER SERVICE for that. There is a specific # for ITSC or IT as you put it for most companies. I know there is one out there for VZW.
SEM

Nov 17, 2008, 10:54 AM
If there is a customer standing right in front of us, and our system will not allow us to do the calling plan change, what else do you want us to do?
ccareatatt

Nov 17, 2008, 11:31 AM
If your system is down, ours more than likely is experiencing a problem too. Set the expectation that the systems are down or being upgraded which ever lingo your company prefers and tell them you will go into the account and do it later... or do you have the capability to set up a commitment to do it? Yeah its a pain but it builds rapport... and perhaps maybe they will come back in and buy something directly from you.. because you were so helpful.
Pious Goddess

Nov 17, 2008, 2:16 PM
Or explain to them their self service that they can use. But normally I don't mind changing a plan for a store rep, when the customer is present. Just don't call in asking for all these ridiculous credits while getting the job done.
20momof3

Nov 15, 2008, 7:57 PM
Being a call center employee I will bet money on the fact that you think we can't do our jobs is because the turn over rate in a call center (no matter what one) is very high, its not a line of work meant for everyone and people look at it as "oh, hey i can get paid good money to sit around and talk on the phone all day." But once they wake up and smell the coffee they realize they aren't meant for it or it's harder than they expected it to be.
ajlineman

Nov 15, 2008, 8:21 PM
I think all store reps should have to take back to back calls for a week before they can start working there... just so they know what we go through on an HOURLY basis...

I'm not going to sit here and say your job is easy, I know it isn't... but DON'T degrade our work unless you've been there and done it.
ccareatatt

Nov 16, 2008, 12:49 AM
LMAO the same could be said vice-versa...I think we just all complain too much.
Menno

Nov 16, 2008, 1:38 PM
You deal with aholes, they deal with aholes with anonimity.

This means their aholes are generally worse, or at least a far larger percentage.

Call centers work hard. I do with that sometimes they would be a bit tougher with the idiots who call in and demand everything under the moon for free, I know there is a lot of corporate BS that they could get backlash from if they do that.

Bad Troll is Still bad.
ccareatatt

Nov 16, 2008, 7:48 PM
I wish we had the capability to conference the customer in on the previous call to prove they are lying about what was told to them or not... ๐Ÿ˜›
Pious Goddess

Nov 17, 2008, 2:17 PM
So do I, listening to previously recorded calls would be nice.
yoboy8

Nov 17, 2008, 11:13 AM
WOW ๐Ÿคฃ
yoboy8

Nov 17, 2008, 11:17 AM
๐Ÿคจ
ladybyrd

Nov 17, 2008, 12:26 PM
No, but I want to be...I hate having to deal with the custies face to face.
kickmeoffphonescoop

Nov 18, 2008, 5:08 PM
Oh man. My life is awesome. I get on PhoneScoop on my days off, JUST TO MESS WITH YOU!
cookiesandcreme69

Nov 18, 2008, 5:11 PM
You really need a life!
Menno

Nov 18, 2008, 5:11 PM
Phonescoop doesnt exist to me on my days off, mainly because I am sleeping.
Ghosthendrikson

Nov 28, 2008, 3:39 PM
kickmeoffphonescoop said:
I get on PhoneScoop on my days off....

You just ruined what little credibility you may have had.
softshoe

Nov 21, 2008, 9:36 PM
Um Yea.

Customers lie all the Time and we all know it as a fact.

Or they cut and paste what we say to mean what they want to hear.

Everyone get a clue and don't argue or incite a riot.

BTW I did not read all the posts in this and may be talking out of my derriere.;
MR.Reme_RHYME

Nov 26, 2008, 6:44 PM
I dont have a problem with at&t CSr's I mean for the most part. Of course you get those that don't want to do this or that. Or just have no earthly idea on how to. My solution is to simply hang up and try again. It works about 99% of the time. I've been on both sides of the fence.... I THINK PEOPLE IN GENERAL COMPLAIN TOO MUCH hence this BS mile long thread!

-OUT!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.