Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Who to believe?

jreed3686

Oct 24, 2008, 8:38 AM
I called alltel last night to confirm this blackberry update, ofcourse got ahold of TSD since im working 14-15 hours a day here for good ol att i could only get TSD, and i figure they would be the ones to know anyhow...anyways, the representative, best ive spoken with from alltel tells me that he has no idea of this no software update for the MMS abilities for the pearl....then his supervisor tells me he knew about it and its effective today...but all the scoopers say the 27th...and my local store has told me that it shouldve been able to months ago i just havent done it right 😳 friggin idiots they are haha...so any reps/supervisors here know?
johnnaglasgow

Oct 24, 2008, 9:14 AM
it is available, you have to go directly to Blackberry's website. Alltel will not have it available through us supposed to be on Oct 27th. I know people who have already done this update and it seems to be working fine for them.

Hope this helps 🙂
jreed3686

Oct 24, 2008, 9:20 AM
Thats crazy because when i go to blackberry all i find is 4.3 not 4.5. Any idea on a link or any way to find out? and tell me because ive never had to do this before, would i download it from my phone or to my computer then what?
BLEDSOE

Oct 24, 2008, 10:14 AM
if your local store says you are doing it wrong and you should have been done already....why are they not showing you how?? Crappy customer service...All i know is that we have received an email stating that the ALLTEL release will be available on the 27th...there may indeed be previous downloads that are working for some. My pearl so far has not updated with any of the other versions...so i greatly anticipate the 27th.

As someone in the wireless industry you should know that not every customer service person or store rep knows everything..If they do not pay attention to emails or things that are posted then they would not know about the release...Why are you wiggin out now??? You have 3 days....If it is not there on the 27th....then wig ...
(continues)
jreed3686

Oct 24, 2008, 11:55 AM
NO im not wiggin out its just something ive been told i would be getting since febuary and its just pi*sin me off right about now. And yeah i agree not everyone gets the information that others may know, just curious because reps in the store suck in my area the manager tells me to leave his store because i asked why i couldnt get a XBM replacement since the battery got to hot and ruined the gaskets under the screen in my phone and he pointed to the doors and told me to leave, embarassed me infront of customers...thats bad customer service. By doing that he actually got 4 people in the store to leave behind me lol
BLEDSOE

Oct 24, 2008, 12:13 PM
i said don't wig out because it seems that you have posted in EVERY forum...LOL. I am sorry that the local store is not doing their entire job. You are more than welcome to ask me any question and if i do not know the answer i will find it. As for the XBM....you yourself can call *611 and speak with technical support on getting a replacement. They will go over the issue and tell you whether it is covered by warranty. If it is not deemed to be covered by warranty....your other option becomes ins claim.
silvabullit

Oct 24, 2008, 5:22 PM
no doubt dude...chill out

alltel has released internal documents stating pearl MMS will be available 10/27. You've been told that many times before. Plus I told you how to do it with a cellsouth update 4.5.

I wonder how many times you've asked this same question over on hofo? LOL
jreed3686

Oct 25, 2008, 9:18 AM
WTH is Hofo? and yea its cool it just sucks bein ran around and thats been alltel for my whole experiance. but i know as a rep you can only tell as your told, so no biggie but the reps in the store is where my biggest issue lies. But i think from now on im turning to here.
IrishCarBomb

Oct 25, 2008, 10:54 AM
https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/m_forum.php?fm=m&f ... »

No official Alltel update out there yet, from what I can see...

You will need to load it to a computer then your phone since it is loading a whole new version of the BB OS... going from v4.3 to v4.5.

If you were going from v4.5.0.75 to v4.5.0.85x, you might be able to update OTA, but it would depend a lot on how different they were. I know that minimal updates to the OS, ie going from my carriers v4.5.0.75 to an updated and improved version like v4.5.0.75x would be OTA, but if I went from v4.3.0.75 I would need to do a computer update.

FYI, BB encodes it's OS naming this way, v4.5(Main OS version)
.0.(Major Revisions)
75x(Carrier code, with the 'x' being reser...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.