Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

No I don't thats why I pay insurance

khonphusion

Oct 13, 2008, 1:13 PM
Why do people find it so hard to believe when they put insurance on a phone they still have to pay a deductible? They seem to think just because they pay insurance they are automatically entitled to a new phone.
When you go to the doctor, you pay a deductible. When you get into a car accident, you pay a deductible. Why would phone insurance be different?
OfAMightDivine

Oct 13, 2008, 1:15 PM
It's not because they pay Insurance fees that they feel entitled. They feel entitled to a new free phone just because.
devilsmafia

Oct 13, 2008, 1:17 PM
you're talking about cell phone customers. Did you forget so soon that they are "entitled" to a free replacement.
khonphusion

Oct 13, 2008, 4:23 PM
I guess so
cellularconnection

Oct 13, 2008, 2:20 PM
My favorite is when you are explaining the cost of insurance (or protection plans) to them and how much you can save if something does go wrong.

you say that Asurion will end up being 131 over the two years, 50 deductible and so it will end up being 181 to replace their EnV2 if something goes wrong.

Customer: But the phone is only $99

Me: no, the phone is $330, you got a discount on it for signing a two year contract.

Customer: So I am basically paying the cost of a new phone if something goes wrong.

Me: No, you are paying 1/2 the cost of your phone if something goes wrong, or you can pay ____ (our protection plan) and it will be less than half.

Customer: I don't get it. If my phone breaks, I just have to sign up for a...
(continues)
wizardofCroz

Oct 13, 2008, 2:24 PM
🙄 time to call customer service for the exception upgrade...
cellularconnection

Oct 13, 2008, 3:12 PM
And see them drive away as they go to the nearest corporate store (over an hour away) to process the upgrade.
Att_Sales_rep

Oct 13, 2008, 2:25 PM
i see that every day, its infuriating when they argue with you after you advised them of all asurion's policys and how they'd be saving
TMobRep

Oct 13, 2008, 3:37 PM
u mean i pay 5.99 a month and i gotta pay more to get a phone!?!?!!?! this is rediculous!!!!
god, i hate customers.....

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.