Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

My rant for the day

stinkercole

Sep 11, 2008, 1:06 PM
Ok so customer comes in yesterday with a water damaged phone, does not have insurance, but is up to upgrade.

Customer: I need a phone that vibrates

Ok...all phones vibrate now adays

I show him our selection of phones, and he decides to go with a free phone.

Calls back an hour after leaving the store, saying that the phones vibrate is not good enough.

I tell the customer about our 30 day policy and told him about a phone that I think would really fits his needs. But its 69.99 before rebate.

Customer: What??? I've been a customer for a million years, and I've never had to pay for a phone.

Ok sir, bring back your phone, and we'll look at some of the other free phones we have.

He comes back today, saying how much he hat...
(continues)
maycroft

Sep 11, 2008, 1:08 PM
thats too bad
caca

Sep 11, 2008, 1:29 PM
should of shoved that phone up his ass!

"sir, does the vibration feel better now?"
maycroft

Sep 11, 2008, 1:30 PM
🤣
stinkercole

Sep 11, 2008, 1:32 PM
Thats probably what he wanted it for!!! 🤣
BigShowJB

Sep 12, 2008, 9:22 AM
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

sorry but it fits the current thread, too
aguy-frombc

Sep 11, 2008, 1:51 PM
Wow. Who seriously buys a phone for its vibrate function?

funny story. Guy comes in with his daughters phone...following is our conversation.

Guy = G M = Me

G: My daughters phone won't stop vibrating.

M: ::snicker:: No Problem let me see it.

[phone is sticky must have gotten...dare I say...'wet']

I inspect the phone for water damage...it is.

M: Sir this phone has severe water damage and will unfortunatly need replacing.

G: this is preposturous. Shes 16 years old and very careful...theres no way she got it wet.

M: Well sir she isof that age...

::snicker::

G: Manager Now!

M: I am the manager... HAHA

years ago but funny
coldouthereND

Sep 12, 2008, 7:20 AM
I've worked in warranty and now in Insurance in the cell phone industry...I thought that since customers were breaking their phones, and thus it would be their fault, they'd understand paying a $50 deductible. But I was wrong. I'm amazed by how many customers think that even after THEY damaged it (physical or liquid) or THEY lost it (or let someone steal it) that they deserve a phone for free. I always try and point out that if they totalled their car they wouldn't get a new one free...or if it was stolen--they still have to pay SOMETHING...not necessarily full price, but at least the deductible...the concept is lost on sooooo many people, it's ridiculous. If they don't get what they want right away, they whine and complain until they either...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Sep 14, 2008, 10:50 PM
"but what's happened to society that we feel we need to b*** until we get what we want?"

Because it's tolerated by the businesses in order to get more money.
ACSlater

Sep 12, 2008, 9:14 AM
I love it when customers make references to court or some kind of bs legal action. I just wish they would read the little part of their contract that says, "By signing this you waive your right to a trial by jury." (and yes, I know many people have tried and won lawsuits against wireless carriers, but for the people that don't know, if I point that out they look at me like I just stole from them, and I did steal...their dignity)

Besides...what're they gonna do, sue you because you wouldn't give them an expensive cell phone for free? Eat it.

And yes you have to give them something for free! They've been customers for thousands of years, since at&t was ma bell lol. It's not like we provide them with a service that they pay for, use and l...
(continues)
Joe262

Sep 14, 2008, 10:06 PM
Whoever came up with the phrase "Customer is always right" needs to be castrated or something.
OfAMightDivine

Sep 14, 2008, 10:52 PM
I'm willing to bet the people that always say "The customer is always right" and meant it went out of business 3 weeks after he said it and the customers found out about it.
punk01

Sep 15, 2008, 2:25 PM
I had a customer call my Corp. office and tell them that if they did not fire me then he was taken them to court. All bc I would not take back a phone that he had scratched to hell and back. dumb A** 😈
kapwww

Sep 15, 2008, 3:39 PM
I have had similar threats over customer stupidity. I usually handed them my card with a smile and told them "The number for my corporate office is on the back. Have your attorney call." For one moron, I even said "How about I just call the office for you. Stick around for a minute. They will want to know what's coming." As soon as I dialed, that guy started back peddling and admitting it was an empty threat.
punk01

Sep 15, 2008, 3:56 PM
Some things I will never understand. 😕

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.