Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

This old guy

cellfiend

Sep 5, 2008, 4:19 PM
wants to know about the blue tooth headsets. I'm going to skip the chaos of the dash mount one and jump forward to the ear pieces.

He asks if the phone has to be turned on for the ear piece to work. Obviously. I ask why he would want to use it if the phone was off. After meandering around he says it is on when he opens it but it is off when he closes it. I say no, it's not off, that's why the screen on the outside is still lit up. Anyway he got really embarassed and decided not to buy anything which is fine cause it was entertaining.
caca

Sep 5, 2008, 5:00 PM
I had a customer want to return his non-working bluetooth ...

Old Guy - I need to return this bluetooth, it doesn't seem to work with my phone.

Me - 🤨 ? How so?

OG - it just doesnt work ... like now for instance... I have it on but it doesn't connect to my phone.

Me - OK may I see your phone please?

OG - Well it's at home.

🤨 🤨 🤨 🤣 🤣 🤣
General Lee

Sep 5, 2008, 5:09 PM
Old people & technology don't mix... cell carriers would deem wise to bring back the old simple phones... old people + old phone = less headaches for all!!!
caca

Sep 5, 2008, 6:17 PM
Verizon should bring back that migo phone for kids and old people. 🤣
kapwww

Sep 5, 2008, 7:42 PM
The migo pretty much sucked.

They should make a phone and still put all of the buttons on it, but not bother with a menu system. Maybe allow contacts but have a specific "contacts" button. Same for voicemail. Save it in the phone like an answering machine and have a dedicated button. Other than that, the numbers, *, #, Call or Send, and End or Hang up. Nothing special. Like the Jitterbug...only make it actually work.
emdogg

Sep 6, 2008, 7:41 PM
that one day we will be old and there will be new technologies that we will not understand 😉
cellfiend

Sep 7, 2008, 2:01 PM
Yeah I try not to think about it.
lxav06

Sep 12, 2008, 10:56 AM
i dont think so as long as you keep up with technology and are a fan of electronics, people like that will not have such a hard time. it's worse when you buy your mom a dvd recorder because she likes to record stuff all day and has way to many video cassettes around taking up space AND refuses to read the manual because she thinks that i know everything.
but i am proud she learned how to record from vcr to dvd and dvd to vcr. this is the lady that still has a tough time with her sanyo katana.
BigShowJB

Sep 7, 2008, 3:43 PM
not me
cellfiend

Sep 7, 2008, 2:08 PM
kapwww said:
Maybe allow contacts but have a specific "contacts" button. Same for voicemail.

They have that. It's called programmable hot keys. You (the guy selling the phones) can set that up.
kapwww

Sep 7, 2008, 3:53 PM
1. Depends on the phone as some don't have the option to change shortcut keys...and on VZW standard non-smart phones, one of the soft keys defaults for contacts but still...

2. Some old people would be very confused if the actual button on the keypad didn't say exactly what the button was for. The suggestion I was making was to print the word right on the button. It's like the old computer joke of "push any key" and people getting pissed because they couldn't find a key that said "any" on it.

3. Do you really get off on being a dlck in forums or are you just really bored at work and looking to entertain yourself by eliciting responses on a forum? I'm beginning to believe that you aren't as busy at work as you always claim. You ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.