Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Funny but True... (long)

aguy-frombc

Sep 5, 2008, 10:34 AM
I had a customer come in a little while back. I was having the most horrible day. You know that 8th day straight without a day off; and this last day is the day every has a problem with their service/phone/ect and demands something free because of it...

Anywho heres how it went.
Me = Duh
C = Customer

Me: Sir I'm sorry that your phone has been acting up. I don't believe (carrier) did it inentionally.

🤭 C: I don't want or care for your appologies. I know that (carrier) is garbage and I'm out as soon as I possibly can be.

Me: (scripted) Well sir, I don't like to hear you say that. We want you to be a happy customer (really I couldn't care less).

C: So you're offering me that nice new headset for free then, right? To ke...
(continues)
ACSlater

Sep 5, 2008, 12:29 PM
I got pretty fed up with a customer once because they had me spend an hour with them going over the usuals: rateplans, features, accessories, etc.

I finally think we're getting somewhere and then this happens (which of course happens to most of us at some point):

Me: So do you have any more questions or can we start setting you up?

C: Well I saw it online for this price (ridiculously low price from wirefly or something), I can get that here right?

*They wanted the newest blackberry almost immediately after release for free*

Me: I'm sorry sir I can't, but I can offer you a substantial accessory discount as well as getting your fees waived for you and go through all the setup with you and continuing to provide you service th...
(continues)
ajstrong

Sep 5, 2008, 12:52 PM
I woulda bought from you; I've done that exact thing before, but with different results. They left. Kudos to you for saying what most reps think.
caca

Sep 5, 2008, 3:26 PM
it was one of those slow long boring days at the kiosk.... about 2yrs ago

my coworker N I were just talking when some big guy power walked his ass up to us yelling about having to pay full price for another phone since he lost his, didnt have insurance, and did not qualify for the upgrade...

"ive been with you guys for XX yrs yall should be giving me a free phone!"

my coworker and I let his ass have it ... very blunt. We ended up arguing back and forth but by the end of it all he extended a job offer to us both 🤣
BigShowJB

Sep 5, 2008, 3:47 PM
brutally awesome!!!!
General Lee

Sep 5, 2008, 4:28 PM
A surgical-grade 2x4 sounds like a good idea sometimes... 😈

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.