Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 33 replies

End of an Era

Nikoletta

Aug 30, 2008, 9:45 AM
I put in my Two Weeks on Wednesday.

I have 8 shifts left that are scheduled.

I think I may be ill.

I never thought it would end the way it is going, I always assumed I would be leaving T-Mobile when I finished college but here I am, two years left, packing my bags and heading for the door.

I am in College, entering my official Junior Year, I am transferring down to a large university after far too long at a Community College. I was there for so long because I do not handle change well; I took as many classes there as possible before I finally had to transfer.

My course load is rather rigorous (I am taking Engineering Physics, Mineralogy, Mechanics, and Graphical Interface Systems.) a total of 15 credit hours, only the Physic...
(continues)
Avaya_79

Aug 30, 2008, 9:55 AM
Cheers and good luck!!! 😁
Nikoletta

Aug 30, 2008, 9:59 AM
Thanks, I feel like I need it though my boyfriend and family insist this is a good thing! I hate change!
Avaya_79

Aug 30, 2008, 10:56 AM
It is a good thing! Change is inevitable and could bring out something good. Who knows? 😁
Nikoletta

Aug 30, 2008, 11:50 AM
Change is inevitable except from the from the vending machine.
Avaya_79

Aug 30, 2008, 11:53 AM
Hahaha!!! 🤣 That's a good one.
llama

Aug 30, 2008, 11:06 AM
End of an Era? It's just a job.

And if you are studying engineering, then I would cerainly hope you can get a better on NOT in a call center.

Best of luck.
coolestguyinsa

Aug 30, 2008, 11:24 AM
Cry me a river...Please, there are plenty of other Reps out there who work 40hrs in the industry and go to college full time, and actually finish their degree. I can promise you wont make more money doing anything else while in college.

So, if you can't hack it, live off your student loans and study your A$$ off...geez
Nikoletta

Aug 30, 2008, 11:52 AM
And you are a jackass.
Avaya_79

Aug 30, 2008, 12:00 PM
There will always be these types in a fruit basket. Some are pears and apples. Some are rotten tomatoes. 😈
kapwww

Sep 1, 2008, 3:28 PM
I second that motion
coolestguyinsa

Sep 1, 2008, 7:39 PM
Don't hate the player, hate the game...the game called "LIFE."
The New ATnT Wireless

Sep 2, 2008, 2:30 PM
Nikoletta said:
And you are a jackass.

I second that.
Ellie004

Aug 30, 2008, 11:54 AM
I feel your pain

I work 40-45 hrs a week
and I am studying engineering

Good luck though 😁
Tmo Slave

Aug 30, 2008, 12:37 PM
Good luck to you and your future. Beleive me its a good change. Just think you don't have to come on here anymore and bitch about stupid people because you will no longer have to deal with them. 😁 That right there is change anyone would welcome. So Long and thanks for all the great stories.

😢 😢 😢
xombyme

Aug 30, 2008, 12:53 PM
good luck to you i hope it all goes well 😁
UOQuack

Sep 1, 2008, 11:41 AM
Good luck!
TMoGuy

Sep 1, 2008, 1:24 PM
Let me guess, your manager doesn't want to cover the sift because they are too busy spending their $60,000/year salary. 👿
TMoGuy

Sep 1, 2008, 1:25 PM
Anyway, good luck with everything!! 🙂 Sorry it had to end like that!
Nikoletta

Sep 1, 2008, 1:53 PM
It's honestly stupider than that.

I work in a Call Center.

I don't work that shift as it is! But they won't let me take a 22 hour schedule, they want 30 or more... there area bunch of us they are just letting go rather than work with... like half the staff here are students of one flavor or another.

Until this fall they had always been outstanding about working with school schedules, now they blow.
BigShowJB

Sep 1, 2008, 3:04 PM
and I never even got to seee her naked!!!
Ask The Shack

Sep 2, 2008, 8:08 AM
You're some shlub that was working the phones at some random call center. Do you think customers are going to care? What about your coworkers? Are they throwing you a send off party? Probably not, and there's a good reason for that, you're replacable.

Congrats, welcome to life.

Maybe when you're done with college, you can get a meaningful job, but I would hardly say you quiting your job as rep# 2568981 of call center # 256 is an end of an era, because just like the person you replaced, your replacement is already training to fill your shoes, and just needed a spot to open up.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you do, but don't amp your 2 weeks notice up into something epic that it isn't. Delutions of grandure won't get you anywhere in...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Sep 2, 2008, 9:46 AM
I'm very certain she was referring to her relationship with us, her virtual co-workers. As someone who's been here (on PS) for over 4 years I can appreciate that.

Good luck in your future endeavors Niki.
M15TER P1NK

Sep 2, 2008, 12:48 PM
yeah... im going to miss niki... =(
The New ATnT Wireless

Sep 2, 2008, 2:32 PM
Ay, where are you mean people coming from? Just give Niki a break, say your goodbyes and let her relish in her moment of change.

I swear, so many people just have to be mean in order to feel good about themselves, ay what a world!
Nikoletta

Sep 2, 2008, 6:37 PM
You know, I start reading your post and my eyes just sort of glaze over. It's just stupid. You make yourself feel big an important by cutting other people down.

Get a life.

Yes, I am getting a small send off from my friends, the people I care about do care and I am sorry I have to leave them.

Maybe you should examine what in your life makes you feel so pathetic deep down inside that you have to be an @$$ so to people.
Ask The Shack

Sep 3, 2008, 8:05 AM
I'm not trying to make myself feel important, I'm trying to deflate your ego to a normal level.

Why is it that if you quit your job at T-Mobile you need to leave Phone Scoop? Does your college block PS with their firewalls? Doubtful.

I'm sure there's lots of people who were employed at a job by a cellular provider/retailer/support, moved on, but still roam around Phone Scoop. Why are you diffrent?

If you turn your back on the people that you came to vent to just because you quit your job, that kinda seems selfish to me that you came in for support, and now that you don't need it, you won't contribute even a fraction of what you got from the people offering adivce, or just an ear to listen with.

I'm not trying to hate, heck, I eve...
(continues)
llama

Sep 3, 2008, 8:18 AM
Seems to me every post she ever posted was a gripe session. Maybe it will calm down a bit now.
Ask The Shack

Sep 3, 2008, 8:28 AM
Exactly my point. Now that she doesn't have to work at T-Mobile, she might as well say "Well, thanks for being my free counsoling service Phone Scoop, now that I don't need you, frack off!".

When I quit my job at the Shack, I didn't say it was an "End of an Era", or some other poumpous thing to say to make myself seem more important then I am. I just continued lurking, and posting occasionaly as I always do.
BigShowJB

Sep 3, 2008, 2:27 PM
apparently there's nothing in his life which is what makes him so pathetic..
BigShowJB

Sep 3, 2008, 2:24 PM
or ray-like character...
niki and her stories will be missed by a lot of people on phone scoop. and when you go, you won't be.
coldouthereND

Sep 2, 2008, 8:22 AM
You're off-the-wall stories will definitely be missed! Good luck in your studies! 🙂
The New ATnT Wireless

Sep 2, 2008, 2:29 PM
And way to stand your ground! I am a full time student myself, and this semester is BUSY! :-)

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Abu_dude

Sep 3, 2008, 1:58 PM
I do wish you good luck! I, myself, am a full time student working 40 hrs. a week and very few can hack it. Believe me, i wish i had the option to walk away and just do school. Got to many bills to pay......Good Luck!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.