Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Niki would love this guy...

Kamui

Aug 11, 2008, 5:04 PM
So this dude's short term memory apparently sucks. He calls in asking if I can check the price of a battery for his phone. I can't, I'm Tech Care. So I start looking up the number for Accessories and am telling him he'll be getting transferred to them and they'll be able to look up the price for him. While I copy/pasta the info into my notes I tell him that Accessories will need him to tell him what kind of phone he has in order to make things as quick as possible. I tell him the model of phone he has, and he even asks what model the phone is just to clarify.

I transfer him over, and decide to listen to the first few seconds of the call in "silent" mode. After he says he needs a battery price, the rep asks him what kind of phone he ...
(continues)
Pious Goddess

Aug 11, 2008, 5:30 PM
I've heard cus plain out tell other reps a big lie to get the things they wanted. But it is something I am use to.
Nikoletta

Aug 11, 2008, 5:35 PM
When I worked in Accessories that happened CONSTANTLY. Nobody knew what phone they had, even when it was a really easy one. My favorite went something like.

"Ok, we'll play a game of 20 questions and figure out what phone you have. Is it a flip phone, like opens and closes like a clamshell? Or is it an Open Face phone?"

"Yeah"

"So a flip?"

"Yeah."

"Great, let's see. Does it have a camera?"

"Yeah."

"Fantastic, do you happen to know what resolution the camera is?"

"Wha?"

"That's fine, how about this... does it have Bluetooth technology? Can it use wireless headsets?"

"Wha you mean?"

"No worries. Does it have a music player."

"I dunno."

"Alright, what color is it?"

"It's pink."

"Fantastic, so yo...
(continues)
Kamui

Aug 11, 2008, 5:54 PM
Honestly, I have one, (Not by choice, it was a present from my parents over the holidays, they didn't ask me which phone I wanted) and it hasn't really given me any problems. Granted I don't really use it for much besides calling and the occasional SMS, but I think it works pretty well. Now though I'm eyeing this wristwatch phone I saw from some Japanese company that sells for around $130 + shipping. Thing looks awesome, has full video player, internet access, touch screen, and a whole crap load of other stuff.
Nikoletta

Aug 11, 2008, 6:11 PM
hahahaha, that makes me laugh, I want to see that now, my boss would never know I had my phone... except for the fact that I don't usually wear a watch (my phone IS my timepiece.)
Asprinttech

Aug 11, 2008, 9:21 PM
old school check out page 7 on the samsung pohone finder schp-s1000
Tmo Slave

Aug 12, 2008, 11:52 AM
I've seen one like that on thinkgeek.com. Had a touch screen and everything. Might have been the same one. Thought it would be cool to have.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.