Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

tips for the call centers

Duct Taper

Aug 9, 2008, 10:23 AM
I worked in a TMo call center for 7 years, 1 year as cust care and 6 as PDA/Blackberry support. Always Always Always get aggravated custys and the best way to handle them is smiling through your voice. It sounds corny but I always received customer commendations for turning things around for them. They just want to vent a little and get thier problem fixed, thats all. But if they are screaming at you, answer in low tones, they will realize they cant hear you if they are screaming. It works. I dont interupt them either, it helps them in thier venting. Getting frustrated with custys is part of the job, dont let them get to you.
maycroft

Aug 9, 2008, 10:24 AM
right
Pious Goddess

Aug 9, 2008, 10:27 AM
Eh, I do it but it does not work all the time since some treat you like the floor they walk on. Killing anger with kindness is fun but eh some feel that telling you off get's their way.
Duct Taper

Aug 9, 2008, 10:30 AM
I like the face to face approach, less likely to yell at a 6'1 guy who stays in shape and is less than 2 feet from counter. Harder to hide your face at some of these questions we get 😛
Pious Goddess

Aug 9, 2008, 11:30 AM
Well, yeah would be nice to be in person. But I'm all phone. 😁
Duct Taper

Aug 9, 2008, 11:40 AM
I used to love the phones, But call center politics finally caught up with me and my last nerve so I split.
Pious Goddess

Aug 9, 2008, 4:46 PM
Eh, call centers are ot easy but eh fun because of all the friends you can make and the fun topics and of course no cus here. 😎 Though I sometimes think it would be easy in the store.
cellfiend

Aug 9, 2008, 8:02 PM
Or just hang up on em. I don't work for a cell center but f those bitches.
dualitycomplex

Aug 9, 2008, 9:18 PM
This is good advice for people who work in stores as well, I get alot of people who just want to rant and rave about how they dumped their phone in a toilet at the bar the night before, just let them try and keep everything calm, dont be a smug jerk and see what you can and are willing to do to help them out.

Some times its completely out of my hands and I have to pass them off to customer service or warrenty or even insurance departments, but hell if myself as a sales person can atleast calm the customer down and tell them what they are able to do, they are atleast happy that you are willing to help them out to begin with. Just looking at the customer and saying. "Your boned, your phone is wet and you dont have insurance you can buy ...
(continues)
sweetsprintrep

Aug 10, 2008, 10:44 AM
tecnically we have some protocols in handling a customer..but believe me theres a lot of f*** s*** customers who really challenges your temper to the highest level..well..im also human and capable of reacting to that...
learninghome

Aug 10, 2008, 11:03 AM
Very nice post! 😎

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.