Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Another nail in the coffin...

Ghosthendrikson

Aug 6, 2008, 9:36 AM
Aug. 6 (Bloomberg) -- Sprint Nextel Corp., struggling to stanch mobile-phone customer defections, posted a third straight quarterly loss and plans to raise $3 billion to help pay off debt, pushing the stock down the most in five months.

The shares declined as much as 9.9 percent in New York trading after Sprint, the third-biggest U.S. wireless carrier, reported a loss of 12 cents a share. About 776,000 contract subscribers fled last quarter and Sprint disappointed analysts by predicting higher defections in the next three months.

How many more nails does this coffin have? If I were a Sprint employee at this point, I would be jumping ship for greener pastures.
learninghome

Aug 6, 2008, 9:45 AM
it's the "jumping ship" that is causing the problem. The more that leave, the worse the problem gets.
Hombre07

Aug 6, 2008, 10:04 AM
Do you blame them though? You gotta think they're looking out for themselves and not the good of the company. It's unlikely the company will honor those that stuck around when and if they pull out of this, so what's to gain in sticking to a falling company?
learninghome

Aug 6, 2008, 4:06 PM
It's failing BECAUSE people are leaving. And people are bailing out BECAUSE it's failing.

It's the same kind of event that caused the stock market to crash.

If Sprint wants to stay afloat, it sounds like they have to stop that cycle somehow. Unlimited Everything doesn't appear to be doing it.
SprintGirl08

Aug 6, 2008, 7:46 PM
EXACTLY.... i absolutely LOVE working for Sprint.. they take care of their employees.. i would never "jump ship" due to some temporary dip in stock.. yes they have dropped but i know it's not long term.. Dan Hesse is going to do WORLDS for Sprint.. No one should bad mouth them at all..
UOQuack

Aug 6, 2008, 11:03 AM
I wonder how they plan to raise $3 billion to pay off debt? Garage sale, cake walks, car wash? Maybe a bingo tournament, with a shiny new Instinct as the grand prize.
j-villa

Aug 6, 2008, 2:59 PM
lol who would even want the instinct???

samsung phones are junk, horrible reception.
Ghosthendrikson

Aug 6, 2008, 5:20 PM
I would SO be there for a cake walk! Nobody does those things anymore. Cake is good stuff. Especially Ice Cream cake...mmmmmmmm cake.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.