Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Sense of Entitlement (Long Rant -get the popcorn)

learninghome

Jul 25, 2008, 5:21 PM
Before I came into this industry, I had the utmost respect for customers. I used to work at a Cold Stone Creamery, and I loved my customers - I can't remember a single irate or rude person standing on the other side of the counter.

But since I have been, working for a cell phone company, I have experieneced some of humanity's worst. Why the experience should be so different, I'm sure is dependant on a few points; the price difference in the products, the simplicity or difficulty in working out how the whole system works (ordering ice cream is about as simple as it gets, and figuring out how your cell phone plan works takes a little more thought), time spent, the reward of their efforts - and the sum of all that which is going to push aga...
(continues)
caca

Jul 25, 2008, 6:09 PM
HEY u gunna help me out or what???

gaw damn ..slow ass

OK gimmie 2 scoops of cookies N cream...

WTF do u mean ur out? ๐Ÿคจ

fine just gimmie sum regular old vanilla ... DO U HAVE THAT?? ๐Ÿ˜ณ

well i want sum free peanuts since u didnt have the cookies N cream

U cant do that?

well damn yall suck ima go over to Ben N Jerrys

*walking out*

Bitch!
learninghome

Jul 25, 2008, 6:19 PM
๐Ÿคฃ

AWESOME ๐Ÿ˜
MrGoofball

Jul 25, 2008, 6:40 PM
I try to avoid Coldstone at all costs. The singing scares me. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Chargeman

Jul 25, 2008, 7:01 PM
I agree, whenever I watch them do their little skit/conert, I wonder what drugs the person who thought up the singing was taking! ๐Ÿ˜•
learninghome

Jul 25, 2008, 7:53 PM
It wasn't that much fun to SING, either.

Fortunately, I don't remember a single jingle that I learned there. However, I'm still pretty good at spade "flare". ;)
cellfiend

Jul 25, 2008, 8:03 PM
I understand your frustration. One of the keys to sales however is to make the customer feel at ease about their purchasing decision no matter how irate, cumbersome, and erratic they are. If it's too much work for you maybe you should quit? I'm not trying to be an asshole. But I deal with a lot and I'm frankly sick of reading all these posts about how annoying the job is. I understand it's annoying. But if you don't like the rewards of cell phone sales get out. None of these customers are standing there with a gun to your chin forcing you to be there. You should feel lucky you're not eating dirt in Somalia.
learninghome

Jul 25, 2008, 9:40 PM
One of the side effects of this career is that it's stressful, and not in a way that disappears as soon as you clock out. I love PhoneScoop, and Shop Talk, because I can come here to make light of the situation with other reps to chill out between the worst customers.

And I think we can mostly agree that the stories about nice, polite and thoughtful customers are better, but fewer and further between the stories about the hateful ones. I love when I talk to a customer who is truly thankful to have someone around to answer questions, but there aren't enough of them. Instead, I've got an abundance of folks demanding to know what discounts I'm going to give them.

This seems like a pretty harmless outlet for those in the industry to rel...
(continues)
kapwww

Jul 26, 2008, 12:21 AM
I agree. It's nice to know that we all deal with the same people.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.